Author Topic: Go back to Kenner for your vehicles  (Read 4654 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Go back to Kenner for your vehicles
« on: December 14, 2013, 11:45:10 AM »
One of my biggest products I am looking forward to being released in the new Rebels line is the Imperial Troop Transport. I can't wait to see what they give us. I don't even think Hasbro would be crazy enough to not make a new one of these.

Image as seen for Rebels:

Comic Strip Image:

Boxed Version:

That being said I wanted to see how much the current going rate would be for a vintage one as I really want to add one to my collection and here is what I came up with:

Current Ebay Auctions for the Kenner Imperial Troop Transport

And the Boxed Link:

Ebay Link for a Boxed Version

I am telling you as it is snowing and blowing outside right now I am gonna be perusing all of these today as twenty bucks doesn't strike me as bad for one of these pretty much complete.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:37:10 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Go back to Kenner for your vehicles
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 06:03:56 AM »
After just seeing the latest assortment of Hasbro Class II Vehicles (the smaller ones at the $25 price point) I have decided I am gonna focus on getting some of my original Kenner favorites I had as a kid. Here is my first one I am after (pics from random ebay auctions).

Vintage Kenner Snowspeeder Link

They have quite a few of these at fairly cheap prices for a vintage item (some of them lower than what the Class II vehicle prices are projected to be). I can remember having such fun with this vehicle the year of TESB. Man, I wish I still had that ship. I bet I own one of these before the day is out.

Is anyone else getting ready to forgo this newer smaller vehicle line?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:05:46 AM by Tamer »

Offline bubbavader

• Ensign
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 07:26:28 PM »
Sw.com did an interesting write up on the Rebels Imperial Troop Transport (and it is a pretty good toy).  But yes, for play toys, the POTF2 line is pretty awesome.  Cheap and good and you won't cry if something bad happens. 

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 02:40:20 PM »
Vintage Kenner line had the best assortment of vehicles ever (sure later modern lines like SAGA, SOTD, Vintage collection, etc. Had better renditions). The Kenner stuff had just everything like mini-rigs, "carry case/playset ship", all the "alphabet" fighters, troop transport, too many to list honestly.

They really paved the way and had not only something for every price point... But lots of details and parts... Like the org. Falcon, y-wing, snowspeeder, POTF skiff, etc. Etc. Etc. My eyes and mind was blow as a kid finding out each release Kenner had made. Even the ones that still elude me... Mostly due to $$$ like the side-gunner, "body-rigs", sandcrawler and battle wagon are still really cool and not like anything else they would make  today  on the fly.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 08:33:07 AM »
stinking photobucket. I need to go back and add my pics back in sometime.