Author Topic: Korriban Customs by darksider 80: Update 3/25/14  (Read 32595 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Korriban Customs by darksider 80: Update 3/25/14
« Reply #225 on: March 26, 2014, 02:59:43 AM »
I spotted it! Pretty daggone rad if I do say so myself. Off to share. I like em all. Guess I will have to go with that three man team because of the dio shout out though! :D

Offline RomeoBart

• Cadet
Re: Korriban Customs by darksider 80: Master and Apprentice 3/12/13 update
« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2014, 05:08:51 AM »
Darth Revan: work in progress

So here's one of those super cool, super articulated new Retaliation Snake Eyes figures we're all so hot on right now. And why not? He's absolutely amazing looking! So why would I saw a perfectly fantastic snake eyes figure in half, you ask? To do a super cool, super articulated Darth Revan scratch built custom action figure of course! Now, many of you out there may be pondering why I just didn't buy a Darth Revan Figure and articulate him out using said snake eyes joints and such, instead of building one from the ground up. Because A: This is my first commissioned project, and my customer wants to torture me, and B: Customizing should NEVER be easy! I am super excited about this opportunity to create a unique piece of art, specifically tailored to this collector's ideal. Lets take a look at some progress so far:

Here are a few of the materials I am using to construct Revan's Belt. The black lacing is going to be the base for the belt, and the anchor point for all the metal rings that go around Revan's waist. It's just some cheapo plastic lacing you can get at Michael's or other craft stores. I think it's used to make kid's beading projects. The metal rings are called jump rings and you can get them in the crafts section at walmart. They are used for jewelry making. The black tubes you see in the photo are heat shrink tubes that can be found at home depot in the electrical department. What I did is cut small sections of the heat shrink tube, bend open the slits in the rings, place the shrink tube on the rings, then bend the rings closed. Using
e cigarettes lighter, heating the shrink tube snugs the metal rings up to the belt, but not so tight that there is no play. Now I have a sliding mechanism I can use to adjust the placement of the metal rings on the belt until until I am ready to glue the entire assembly to the torso.

The center ring is held in place with a pin I made using some jewelry fodder I found at walmart. The pin is temporary, and will be cut away along with the lacing sticking out from the front of the center ring.

The belt with my favorite piece of soft goods, Luminara Unduli's skirt. My third figure using this piece, if anyone out there needs extra Luminara heads or body fodder, I have plenty!

Another piece of heat shrink tubing, this one is larger and will go around the figure's waist. It will hide the sliding mechanisms and bring a nice flush look to the lower armor.

All of the pieces waiting for the apoxie to harden, then assembly. Stay tuned for more progress coming soon!

Just amazing your work is just awesome. I do love this kind of jewellery so just keep sharing the exciting stuff.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:12:47 AM by RomeoBart »