Author Topic: Sith_fire30 Dioramas - 12/23 UPDATE WIP Enginner Sleep Chamber and Nostromo  (Read 13060 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Are you working in movies yet?? If not why not???

Ain't that the truth. He should be working for ILM or Hasbro!

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
As Snake would say....."Kept you waiting huh?".....Seriously, I suck at forum posting. I get all into the work and if it wasn't for FB I swear no one would probably know what I am doing LOL! THANK YOU GUYS for all the comments and many of your for your support on FB! Keeps me going man! Anyway, some of you may be up to date with my Alien themed diorama work but some may not.....Below is a pictorial of what I have been involved in since my last update!! IMAGE HEAVY!!!

Nostromo Corridors...

Nostromo Bridge Entrance....

Sleep Chamber

Nostromo Main Air Lock

Engineering - early foam core prototype work.

Creative Assembly's Alien: Isolation

ALIENS APC

....and a part of the Nostromo I completed last night.....

...and that's what has been going on since my last update! Exciting stuff! It's only been a year since I got into this scratch building thing on a regular and I love it. Some of the work is hand cut, some sculpted, some are laser cut using vector images I create by studying reference images of production photos and screenshots from the film.  The laser cutting can get pricey at times because of the amount of time the laser needs to cut some of this stuff but the results make it worth it.

Hope you all have enjoyed this pictorial of the works in progress. Future plans involve more areas of the Nostromo, Prometheus and Star Wars.....yes, Star Wars. May stay in the 3.75" scale or jump to 6" Black scale - haven't decided yet. I have a bunch of ideas I wish to begin work on :)

Thanks again for all your support on the forums and in social media - I appreciate all of it! If you have any questions about any of the work, please let me know. Happy to help out. Suggestions and comments are always welcome!

Talk soon!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:16:43 PM by sith_fire30 »

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Man you are insane!

I can see you feverishly locked behind a workshop door like some kind of mad scientist working day and night on this, this .... Master Piece. I can't believe what I'm looking at.

Excellent work and commitment! 

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
I hope you have someone around to make sure you're fed and hydrated.    :o

Offline Buried Egg

• Ensign
    • Buried Egg's YouTube Channel
I guess you don't need me to tell you that this work is completely jaw-dropping. I will say that all the extra work it must have been to come here and keep posting progress and descriptions is really generous of you. I find this extremely helpful and instructive! I want to let you know how much I appreciate things like this. I subbed to your YouTube Channel and am following on FB.

You probably know that NECA is releasing "Alien" figures (Dallas, Ripley, etc) in this scale or close (7") at the end of this Summer, right? I'm just wondering, because your FB profile says you work at a toy manufacturer. Is it possible you work at NECA??

Regardless, great work and I thank you again for posting all of this up for us all to learn about the process!
Don't forget to check out my YouTube Channel for Toy Reviews, Interviews, and How-To Guides on Toy Repair, Restoration, Etc!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCirrmF7YOM8toFZW41UBafg/videos

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Wow, Dayton, what can I say. I have no words my friend. Simply mind blowing bud. Let me go get this to the front page before I really loose it.

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Road Warrior

• IMPERIAL
  • Lieutenant
Would you look at that. One of my favorite artistic heros is back around here; and doing, yet again, what us mere mortals can not.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
As always inspirational and purely stunning work.

Ron

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
I hope you have someone around to make sure you're fed and hydrated.    :o

HA! Thanks DS - I actually have an IV of caffeine laced Ecto-cooler surging through my bloodstream :)

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
I guess you don't need me to tell you that this work is completely jaw-dropping. I will say that all the extra work it must have been to come here and keep posting progress and descriptions is really generous of you. I find this extremely helpful and instructive! I want to let you know how much I appreciate things like this. I subbed to your YouTube Channel and am following on FB.

You probably know that NECA is releasing "Alien" figures (Dallas, Ripley, etc) in this scale or close (7") at the end of this Summer, right? I'm just wondering, because your FB profile says you work at a toy manufacturer. Is it possible you work at NECA??

Regardless, great work and I thank you again for posting all of this up for us all to learn about the process!

Thanks Buried Egg - I appreciate your kind words. I WISH TO DEAR GOD I was working for NECA - especially involving their Alien series but alas...I am on my merry own with this quest. Not that I don't contact Randy from NECA every once in awhile looking for a job opening. LOL! Glad you subscribed to my youtube channel! It's in limbo right now but new tutorials are coming soon. Close to purchasing a new HD camcorder that will help fill some much needed video updates.

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
Wow, Dayton, what can I say. I have no words my friend. Simply mind blowing bud. Let me go get this to the front page before I really loose it.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Tamer!!! I need to drop by more often!

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
Would you look at that. One of my favorite artistic heros is back around here; and doing, yet again, what us mere mortals can not.

HA! Thanks Road Warrior! :)

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
As always inspirational and purely stunning work.

Ron

:) Thanks Ron!!!!

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
Mold Made!!

Cast made!!!

Images taken from my crappy iPhone 3Gs so please forgive. Both the mold and the initial casting came out very clean. This will be my master to be archived and the next pull will be the one I paint.

Also a lesson for the beginning castor that I have recently had to be reminded of....(posted on Facebook)

When casting large parts that have thin and thick areas throughout the piece, do not remove the cast from the mold too soon. The cast may feel fully cured after about 30-45 min but that's only on the surface. It may appear to look normal initially after removal but while some areas are fully cured, others are not and will cause the piece to warp over a period of hours. Sometimes it's difficult to see till you begin assembling your parts. It's at that moment you realize something is very wrong and begin kicking your own ass. For large casts I USUALLY allow them to cure in the mold for several hours. Usually....I say this because I broke the rule and am kicking my own ass right now. Which brings me to my second tip.....BE PATIENT!