Author Topic: Sith_fire30 Dioramas - 12/23 UPDATE WIP Enginner Sleep Chamber and Nostromo  (Read 13041 times)

Offline Buried Egg

• Ensign
    • Buried Egg's YouTube Channel
I guess you don't need me to tell you that this work is completely jaw-dropping. I will say that all the extra work it must have been to come here and keep posting progress and descriptions is really generous of you. I find this extremely helpful and instructive! I want to let you know how much I appreciate things like this. I subbed to your YouTube Channel and am following on FB.

You probably know that NECA is releasing "Alien" figures (Dallas, Ripley, etc) in this scale or close (7") at the end of this Summer, right? I'm just wondering, because your FB profile says you work at a toy manufacturer. Is it possible you work at NECA??

Regardless, great work and I thank you again for posting all of this up for us all to learn about the process!

Thanks Buried Egg - I appreciate your kind words. I WISH TO DEAR GOD I was working for NECA - especially involving their Alien series but alas...I am on my merry own with this quest. Not that I don't contact Randy from NECA every once in awhile looking for a job opening. LOL! Glad you subscribed to my youtube channel! It's in limbo right now but new tutorials are coming soon. Close to purchasing a new HD camcorder that will help fill some much needed video updates.

Randy and I have Tweeted back and forth briefly quite a few times now. Mostly just sharing videos and photos. I originally grew up near where they are in NJ. Not sure where you're based but, Randy will let anyone into NECA studios if you drop by during business hours. Maybe worth a visit. I think, regarding the sheer breadth of your project, you might be able to sign some quick NDAs with him and maybe get a little collaboration going with the NECA team. Not that you need any help! But, might be nice to get some models or even insight from others working on such similar projects.

This work of yours is really awe-inspiring. All I can feel when looking at this is amazement and an urge to just try to learn from it and improve my own skills. Thanks for sharing!
Don't forget to check out my YouTube Channel for Toy Reviews, Interviews, and How-To Guides on Toy Repair, Restoration, Etc!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCirrmF7YOM8toFZW41UBafg/videos

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Had to get that mold making stuff on the front page. I am still confounded as to the detail level of this.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
This is quite simply me of the most creative and artistic endeavors going on anywhere right now.  Even though I don't FaceBook, I make it a point to follow your progress on the Nostromo and your sculpted character creations on a daily basis.   Thanks for giving us all something amazing to follow and an awesome example to strive for!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
This is quite simply me of the most creative and artistic endeavors going on anywhere right now.  Even though I don't FaceBook, I make it a point to follow your progress on the Nostromo and your sculpted character creations on a daily basis.   Thanks for giving us all something amazing to follow and an awesome example to strive for!

Thank you JediMerc! Happy you are enjoying my insanity! LOL!

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
Made urethane resin casts of the MUTHUR entrance yesterday! Castings came out wonderful!

I used Smooth-on Smooth Cast 320 casting material - an off white resin.

Taking a week off to get some sculpting in then return to do the final third panel to the back wall of the Nostromo bridge.

Door opens! :)

More to come soon!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Wow Dayton. I have been out for a few days and am just now catching up a bit and see this. The casts came out wonderful I do agree. Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Those casts are very impressive indeed mate and the detail that you have been ale to achieve is brillant.

Ron

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
What can I say??? WOW!!!! Blown away by the Master as always!! Just ridiculously detailed excellence!!!