Author Topic: My Kind of Scum's customs thread  (Read 26334 times)

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
Re: My Kind of Scum's customs thread
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2015, 04:42:38 PM »
Droids twins and rosa the hutt...Grade A work here!
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2015, 02:22:42 AM »
Your outer rim rebel militia squad looks great.
The detailing is fantastic.

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2015, 10:06:03 PM »
Got to looking over your 2015 work--very nice!  I particularly like Rosa and your Angelforge tentacle monster, and your rainbow honk project sounds like a great way to involve your daughter!

Offline My kind of scum

• Lieutenant
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2017, 08:28:31 PM »
Wow.  It has been a *really* long time since I posted new customs.  Unfortunately, that is primarily because I haven't been working on customs much (due primarily to disappointment in the current Hasbro line and a lack of time in my personal life), but I have recently finished up several customs so I thought that it was time to share again...  (I am trying out imgur, so I hope that everything works out alright...)  I also have to credit the no-paint kitbash challenge here for kicking my butt back into customizing.

First up, a duo of droids from Hole in the Ground productions (Thanks, Raylen!) painted in (somewhat) film accurate colors:

Next, the same type of droids painted up in my own color choices as background droids:

Next, is an experiment in painting for me.  I wanted an absolutely *ancient* looking droid, one that had been around the block a whole lot of times.  I mixed acrylic turquoise with coarse sand and painted the entire droid with it.  After it dried, I roughly scraped at it so that it completely came off in chunks and stayed in others.  I followed that with a black wash and highlights with metallic ink.  It didn't come out exactly how I saw it in my head, but I am still happy with it.

Next up, two background aliens - a Skrillig (?) and a Gotal.  Both are pretty easy construction with not too much paint.

Last, we have a super simple custom.  Boss fight studio's Cave Faerie figure uses the same sockets for the wings as they do for shoulders, making for an easy four-armed character who fits right into a Star Wars dio in my opinion...

And that's it this time around.  I hope you enjoy them and hopefully it won't be two years before I am able to post more customs.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2017, 02:17:50 AM »
Wow, that is a huge update. I really like em all, but especially that four armed girl. I agree. She fits right in! Off to share the latest on the front pages.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #125 on: September 07, 2017, 04:29:07 PM »
Very nice update ! love the droids , Im interested in the body that you used for the  Skrillig (pote Snitkin ) i have been wanting to upgrade pote snitkin with sa and i think the body you used is a good choice

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2017, 11:48:51 PM »
Great to see you back! The aging/weathering on the droid looks excellent, and I agree with you about Cave Faerie - four arms like a Codru-Ji or something.

Offline My kind of scum

• Lieutenant
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2017, 10:06:25 AM »
Thanks for all of the kind words, everyone!  I hope to have some new work soonish.