Author Topic: Jurassic World  (Read 6293 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
Jurassic World
« on: September 11, 2013, 02:13:04 PM »
The 4th installment in the Jurassic Park franchise, to be released June 12, 2015.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Jurassic World
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 04:38:05 PM »
I am so looking forward to this. It is one I will not wait for video on.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 06:09:28 AM »
Bryce Dallas Howard is in talk to star in it as a lead role.

http://collider.com/jurassic-world-bryce-dallas-howard/

Offline Hand So Low

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 07:17:16 AM »
call me weird, but she's so freaking hot.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 07:58:40 PM »
http://www.prrecordgazette.com/2014/01/26/chris-pratt-confirms-jurassic-world-jurassic-park-was-really-kind-of-my-star-wars?utm_source=addThis&utm_medium=addthis_button_&utm_campaign=Chris+Pratt+confirms+%27Jurassic+World%27+%7C+Peace+River+Record+Gazette#.UuW2ykaufok.twitter

Chris Pratt confirms 'Jurassic World': 'Jurassic Park was really kind of my Star Wars'

CARLSBAD, CALIF. - Watch your tail, Tyrannosaurus rex. Chris Pratt is coming for you.
Parks and Recreation star Pratt, who heads the cast of next month’s The Lego Movie and this summer’s sci-fi superhero saga Guardians of the Galaxy, is looking forward to tangling with prehistoric predators in Jurassic World, stomping its way into cinemas next summer.
“For me, Jurassic Park was really kind of my Star Wars,” Pratt told QMI Agency Sunday at Legoland California, where he and fellow Lego Movie castmembers were promoting the animated comedy.
“I lined up at the theatre to see it, I saw it opening night, I saw every sequel, I’ve seen it a whole bunch of times… for me that was my big movie, I think I was 13 or 14 when it came out,” Pratt said.
“And so it’s a big deal for me to be any part of that, let alone this part I’m going to be playing. I’m thrilled about it.”
The fourth instalment in the Jurassic Park series, Jurassic World will be directed and co-written by Colin Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed). Details about the movie are still largely under wraps, but Pratt is said to be playing Owen, a rugged ex-military dude who clashes with a corporate scientist played by Bryce Dallas Howard (The Help). Trevorrow has dropped hints via Twitter that the plot will involve a return to Isla Nublar, the location of 1993’s original Jurassic Park.
While Pratt had been rumoured for months to be eyeing a role in Jurassic World – a rumour that was somewhat cemented earlier this month, when director Ron Howard tweeted that his daughter would be co-starring with Pratt in the next Jurassic Park movie – Pratt himself is finally letting the cat out of the bag.
Or the dinosaur out of the egg.
“Everybody around the world knows that franchise,” said Pratt. “When you say Jurassic Park, no one is like, ‘What’s Jurassic Park?’ More people know Jurassic Park than just about anything. I’m thrilled.”
With Jurassic World opening on June 12, 2015, it’s going to be a busy couple of years for the affable Pratt, whose Hollywood stock has continued to rise after small but noteworthy roles in Moneyball and Zero Dark Thirty. From The Lego Movie to Guardians of the Galaxy to Jurassic World to the recently confirmed seventh season of Parks and Recreation, the guy is going to be everywhere for the next while.
“Dude, you gotta take it while it’s here,” Pratt said. “I’ll take it.”
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:01:53 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022, 11:43:03 AM »
"Jurassic World: Dominion"

Spoiler Free Review:

I really enjoyed this movie!

It will not win any Oscars for anything other than SPFX, but you don't go into one of these films expecting Shakespeare.

The (mostly practical) dinosaurs look GREAT!  FINALLY getting feathered dinosaurs on the big screen was AWESOME! Many old favorites from across the entire franchise get their moment in the sun alongside several species that are new to the franchise as of this film.

The scenes with the 2 generations of franchise characters meeting and interacting is done in a much more natural (and, frankly, earned) way than some recent "legacy" sequels (*cough* Disney "Star Wars" sequels *cough*) and were a joy to watch.

A legacy antagonist gets a redemption arc that I don't really feel was earned since each and every appearance by this character (including in the cartoon), he is an insufferable jerk. But, his latest scientific atrocity (the element that actually jumpstarts the entire story) has caused him to seek redemption and the actor plays it well. But, it almost feels like he isn't really playing the same character he has since 1993.

Another legacy antagonist gets recast as the original actor was found to be a sex offender since his last appearance in the franchise, but in all honesty, the recasting is barely noticable as the original character only had about 4 minutes of screentime in the first film.

One downside is that the film does tend to be more of a collection of various set pieces, each showcasing a different species (or group of species) that gets it's big scene and more or less disappears for the remainder of the film's lengthy (2 1/2+ hours) runtime instead of a solid, cohesive story.

Overall, I recommend this film of you are a fan of the franchise, dinosaurs, monster movies or even just high octane action (the Atrociraptor chase is thrilling!). Don't expect high cinema, just an enjoyable summer popcorn movie.

Also: there is no mid/post-credits scene so you can leave the theatre as soon as the credits begin to roll- I just saved you 17 minutes of your life ;)
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2022, 06:48:54 AM »
I plan on going to see this next week. Thanks for leaving a review and not ruining it for us Dan.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2023, 06:13:20 PM »
Sequel series to "Camp Cretaceous".

https://fb.watch/o7ZfKE9t0c/?mibextid=HSR2mg
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 03:56:15 AM »
It says content unvailable right now. Guess that wasn't meant to get out just yet.