Author Topic: Yuzzums' Customs  (Read 110467 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Yuzzums' Customs
« Reply #270 on: February 12, 2016, 04:09:49 AM »
Link for Sinodolls if anyone is interested:

http://stores.ebay.com/sinodolls?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #271 on: February 12, 2016, 07:26:57 AM »
Link for Sinodolls if anyone is interested:

I'll save that link.  The organization of the product is way better than if you go through eBay; saved sellers.
It's a pity.  Up until a month ago, Sinodolls was selling five TVC INCs with helmet for around $20. Five Chewbaccas too.  They've since disappeared, except they still have individual Chewies.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 07:35:08 AM by Sjefke »

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #272 on: June 02, 2016, 11:15:35 PM »
Couldn't resist this.

What is best in life?

Crush your enemies...
See them driven before you...
Hear the lamentation of their men.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:18:56 PM by Sjefke »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #273 on: June 03, 2016, 09:59:04 AM »
Conan the Barbarian. Love it.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #274 on: July 12, 2016, 12:04:09 AM »
Hey Yarders

I've been between residences for the last few months, so all my stuff has been boxed up, but I have been sitting pics of a few customs that I didn't want to reveal until CloneCrazy posted his latest PN Will of the Force, chapter Friends and Foes .

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10112.msg194914#msg194914

Here is the first of several featured Force sensitive females. 
This one was inspired by a Jedi I saw on DeviantArt.

The base figure is a ScarJo Black Widow, with the head of On Stranger Tides, Penelope Cruz.  I sculpted the tunic and the waist wrap with green stuff.  The skirt is blue nitrile.  Her mantle is a coarse black cloth, secured in place with Locktite flexible glue.

So that's it for now, Yarders.
I'll post another two females soon and good news for me.  I'll be moving into my new place soon, so I can set up shop again and finally complete some unfinished projects, like Rocket and Groot.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 05:27:22 AM by Sjefke »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #275 on: July 12, 2016, 05:47:04 AM »
She looks spot on to me from that image. Great work and great to see you with a new custom! Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #276 on: July 12, 2016, 06:45:22 PM »
She is a great looking figure. You always find ways to impress me. Everything is well orchestrated, sculpting is flawless.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #277 on: July 13, 2016, 12:42:50 PM »
She is a great looking figure. You always find ways to impress me. Everything is well orchestrated, sculpting is flawless.

Thanks JD and thanks Tamer
It's good to post something, but I can't wait to get a work table set up.  I really want to finish some projects and then start some new ones.
My artistic daughter is even getting me motivated.  She's a big Tim Burton fan, and wants to make a custom Jack Skellington.  I love a challenge.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 12:59:10 PM by Sjefke »

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #278 on: July 15, 2016, 11:22:42 AM »
Here's another of the ladies that CloneCrazy commissioned.  This one is Queen Talia.  CC wanted her to look like Evanora from Oz the Great and Powerful

I used Marvel Universe, Sue Richards as the base figure.  I casted the head of Depa Billaba and sculpted a very intricate hair piece.  All the bobs are individually sculpted and attached to the head with fabric covered elastic, which avoids limiting the range of motion of the head.   They're basically address label elastics so from the airport.  I had to grind down her overly generous MU chest, but she still looks like Dolly Parton.

I'm really proud of the soft goods.  The dress is the finger of a green nitrile glove which I slipped over her legs.  The belt is all sculpted.  The collar is all black feathers.  I made emeralds with 2 component resin mixed with a little emerald paint and green sparkles.  Each one is a tiny, smaller than a millimeter drop.  Finally, the emerald necklace is a separate piece complete with a fine silver metal wire as the chain and a staple clip as the setting.

That's it for now.  The Red Witch is next, but she's got some really fun features that CloneCrazy hasn't revealed yet, so patience.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 11:26:32 AM by Sjefke »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #279 on: July 16, 2016, 05:44:38 AM »
Wow, a ton of work and it pays off. Off to share

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #280 on: July 16, 2016, 06:44:09 AM »
I am only getting around to commenting on these ! Great work  especially the force sensitive woman . I really like how you use the nitrile and the effect it creates . If i am not mistaken didn't you use it for the necks on  cane adiss  and a few others? I may have to try that technique down the road on a custom. I cant imagine it being difficult to use on a custom ...Anyway Great job my friend

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2016, 09:57:55 AM »
I am only getting around to commenting on these ! Great work  especially the force sensitive woman . I really like how you use the nitrile and the effect it creates . If i am not mistaken didn't you use it for the necks on  cane adiss  and a few others? I may have to try that technique down the road on a custom. I cant imagine it being difficult to use on a custom ...Anyway Great job my friend

Thanks MJ1977 and thanks Tamer.

I love the look of nitrile at that scale, but it is a PITA to use.  It comes in a dozen colors, but if you can't find a match, stay on the lookout for white as it takes color well.  Depending on what soft goods piece you're making takes practice and patience. The first of Cane Adiss' necks took 12 tries and eight hours.  Yakface's pants took three hours.  Get Locktite flexible glue and very sharp scissors.  Make your first project a kama.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 02:31:12 PM by Sjefke »

Offline TheClosetjedi

• Ensign
  • 3d printing Rules!
« Reply #282 on: July 17, 2016, 07:14:34 AM »
I love your custom with Penelope cruz head. i just checked the figure out on amazon and the price is not so bad. I was thinking of getting into producing a comic. I have the last page already done. I am releasing it in reverse order! I am finishing some set pieces now, and i am starting to look at some kit bash customs i can put together. I am definitely going to look into that line of figures for pieces. The Last 15 pages will be released a page at a time over the next 3 weeks.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #283 on: July 17, 2016, 02:26:13 PM »
I love your custom with Penelope cruz head. i just checked the figure out on amazon and the price is not so bad.

I got a bunch of these figures at Walmart when they went on clearance for $2 each.  They weren't much for articulation, but the likenesses and the accessories were exceptional.  I'd love to do something with Captain Jack Sparrow.

Good luck with your photo novel and can't wait to see your 3D prints.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 02:30:03 PM by Sjefke »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #284 on: July 26, 2016, 01:14:12 PM »
I remember when you teased this figure while talking about the use of nitrile gloves for clothing. The final figure turned out really well! Thanks for sharing.