Author Topic: JOE Retaliation Firefly  (Read 5937 times)

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
JOE Retaliation Firefly
« on: August 17, 2013, 10:36:40 AM »
So, I got my hands on the current wave of Joe figures and figured I've give a few impressions of some of them. I actually made a quick video review of the new Snake Eyes but I can't get it to work. So, in short, let's just say the new Snake Eyes sucks. The best part of the figure is Timber the Wolf. That said, here's a look at the new Firefly. He's as articulated as any Joe figure. He doesn't come with a ton in terms of weapons, just a hand gun, two knives and a shotgun. The figures torso sculpt is pretty cool. The legs are pretty standard looking and the head is as plain as possible. That said the figure looks really cool. And the best part of the figure is easily his drone. Looks like a mini HISS tank. And it has missile fire capability, which I guess is a thing, though not something I really care about  

Firefly by JetpackBlues, on Flickr
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:50:46 AM by Tamer »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Quick Retalition Review
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 06:02:19 PM »
Nice to get more pics of both of these figures. Thanks. They still haven't hit my area yet.

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
Re: Quick Retalition Review
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 07:07:36 PM »
Nice to get more pics of both of these figures. Thanks. They still haven't hit my area yet.

I got the whole set. Ill post the rest soon

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
Re: JOE Retaliation Firefly
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 09:14:44 AM »
Great review Tim! Looks like this is a rehash of older sculpts. The torso is a ROC stormy if I recall correctly. The arms and legs are from cobra trooper among other figs. I do really like the hisstank a lot. I am still waiting for BBTS to charge my Paypal for the dang set which I preordered way back on June 15th! Needless to say I am a little frustrated at this point with them as I should have had my figures by now. From what I understand they switched companies or used a different company for shipping and people who placed their order later on BBTS got their figures already and people like myself who ordered early are still waiting. That's not fair imo but what can I do about it? I even cancelled my extra single pack crimson guardsmen because people were telling me that they were waiting on them to ship out with the single packs.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 02:00:10 AM »
He's pretty alright, but doesn't top either the 3-pack FF nor the POC FF, I'm going to pass for now on him and concentrate on the others I want. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 08:01:34 AM »
I finally have a review button up on the front page for this. I do apologize for not getting to this sooner. I will endeavor to get better with these as reading your reviews is something I enjoy.