Author Topic: I would like to try a few things but have a few questions first  (Read 921 times)

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
First off I'm sure there there are threads with this information but if anyone can give some quick and simple advice or point me in the right direction so I don't have to search and search before I find the info that would be great. The first question is on casting;
I recently sculpted over a skull for a custom I'm working on of a battle damaged character and I really like how it came out and would like to make a cast so I can sculpt on that to make an undamaged head. The question is what supplies should I use to make the cast and what materials should I use for the cast itself? On that note will the molding process ruin the original and if not should I leave the original unpainted for the casting process (I really want to finish up the custom so I'm itching to paint it)?

Next question regards vehicles;
I really want to make a larger outrider and would love to use the old smaller falcon to do it but I wouldn't even know where to begin...and advice? Any tips, tricks or links to pictures of other customizes who have made an outrider would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: I would like to try a few things but have a few questions first
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 06:26:26 PM »
On casting, you may simply want to send that head to someone who does it all the time. If not, I like high strength 3 mold making material because it is available at Hobby Lobby and I use a coupon every time. I also use the Alumalite resin fot the actual part. There are many tutorials on youtube.

Colin Jason Hobbs on face book,  goes by Colins Customs, has made that exact vehicle and it is actually a fairly easy mod and a great one to start with. Best of luck and show us some wip pics.

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
Re: I would like to try a few things but have a few questions first
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 02:20:44 PM »
Can you provide a link to his outrider Spry? I dont have facebook but would love to see it