Author Topic: JOE Retaliation Budo  (Read 6905 times)

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
JOE Retaliation Budo
« on: August 17, 2013, 11:07:40 AM »
The next figure is one that I'm pretty sure was already reviewed but as it is one I was really looking forward to I figured I'd give my impression of Budo. I am certainly happy with the figure because I really like Samurai and he will definitely allow for me to create some of my own as both a model and a base for custom figures

Budo by JetpackBlues, on Flickr

Now, I only have two problems with this figure. First, Budo does not seem to enjoy holding on to his swords. Its not the end of the world and is easy enough to correct. The second issue I have with him is his torso armor does not sit properly on the figure. The first Budo I received was pre release from VipersKingdom, so I thought maybe the figure was available a few weeks before the wave dropped because it was a factory defect. But I now have two more, both from Hasbro and they both have this same issue with the armor.

All in all though hes a pretty rad figure and a must have if you dig samurai. And if you have the skill to cast soft goods boy are you in for a treat because Budo is essentially just a Dark Ninja with a bunch of rubber armor

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: JOE Retaliation Budo
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 08:57:41 AM »
Tim, I split your topic into individual figure threads as I am sure other folks will want to add to your take with their own thoughts. It is nice to see some new figures getting reviewed. Thank you. I am off to share on our pages.

I will also try to get your Snake Eyes Video loaded up to our channel later today or tomorrow.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 06:06:48 AM »
I trhink I like even better what you have done with this armor in your custom then just the figure alone. Foit that reason I hope I can sang one or two of these in the wild. Who knows and a few months I could have an army of ghost samurais!

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 01:56:50 AM »
Top of my list, shame about the armor though, I thought that might be the case when I saw pics of him but hoped it would be better. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 08:01:50 AM »
I finally have a review button up on the front page for this. I do apologize for not getting to this sooner. I will endeavor to get better with these as reading your reviews is something I enjoy.