Author Topic: Its time to announce our Birthday Custom Contest!  (Read 25975 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Its time to announce our Birthday Custom Contest!
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2013, 02:57:18 AM »
I had to get another teaser up on the front page. This is gonna be great. Spry I am sure curious as to what you are doing now.

And DO, that pic reminds me of Junkion Prime; the planet that the Junk Autobots come from, but could be wrong.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2013, 04:52:37 AM »
Very interesting Michael!

Thanks Ron! I didn't get the official vehicles either, all of those were made from vehicles I found at the thrift store. The 6 wheeler was broken in the back and I had to fill the hole with fix it, Then I repainted them. Fairly simple and straight forward but I did customize each one.

Offline Apocalyptic Customs

• Apoc,the strange one
  • Cadet
    • Apocalyptic custom designs
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2013, 06:07:53 AM »
Teaser pic for the "Mando Mash-up" line.  If you can identify this pic, you are awesome.  Two NEW! Mando Mash-Ups originated from the movie scene represented by this screen shot.

My goal is to have several franchises represented, with this one being one of my major favorites.  I'd also like to see how close I can get to the 12 figure (!) maximum count that the contest allows.  It's super-cool of y'all to allow "two previously released" figs in the contest.  I guess they would be carry-overs from the previous wave, lol.

Junkion Mano's? Awesome!  :)

I'll try and get to the 12 figure max,it depends on how much the idea I've got expends...

Offline Apocalyptic Customs

• Apoc,the strange one
  • Cadet
    • Apocalyptic custom designs
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 06:11:09 AM »
Well,I think that I'm up for this..all that is needed is the green light from Tamer and then it's full steam ahead..  :)

Go for it! Did you have a question that you needed answered?

Only the one I asked you over on FB. Other than that all should work out.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 06:48:02 PM »
AC, I hope I answered it. This has not been my week for being very efficient online. Just let me know if I didn't.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 12:04:07 AM »
Very interesting Michael!

Thanks Ron! I didn't get the official vehicles either, all of those were made from vehicles I found at the thrift store. The 6 wheeler was broken in the back and I had to fill the hole with fix it, Then I repainted them. Fairly simple and straight forward but I did customize each one.

When I saw the six wheeler and chopper you have customized I went straight to my $2 dollar to see if I could get my hands on some but with no luck. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your vehicles and that teaser  ;D.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 12:13:05 AM »
Hey Guys,

Here is a WIP of my GI Joe six wheeler from Secret of the mummy's Tomb, I'm hoping to have this complete by the end of the week end. I'm also in the middle of redoing my chopper from Search for the stolen idol as I didn't like the way it was turning out.

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 04:10:20 PM »
Ron, your preview is looking great to me. It looks like you have a bit more of a build going on than I do. It is just mad, as obscure as this is at a SW site, that we are making the same characters! For those that are wondering we are creating the 12 inch GI Joe Adventure Team line in 3 3/4 inch scale. Here is an ad for just a few of these great toys from the 60's and 70's.

10091_143283192519117_1490045080_n by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

Since Ron shared the WIP pics I thought I would too. I bought my 6 wheeler at the thrift store last summer. The seat was cracked in half and the part that the roll cage snaps into was broken off with a hole beside and in front of it. I glued in some styrene and did a little body work with fixit sculpt until it was like new. Below are a few photos.

DSC_0001 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0002 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0005 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

DSC_0004 by Luke Sprywalker, on Flickr

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 04:21:02 PM »
Tamer nailed it.  I'll have a duo of Junkion-inspired Mandos in my "Mando Mash-up" line.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2013, 06:55:47 PM »
Spry Great work on the body mate if you hadn't mentioned it was broken I would have thought it was all good.

I also love the old AD mate great find. My fisrt intention was to try and pick up vehicles from two dollar shops etc and customize them like you have but with no luck at. So I figured that with all the 1/35, 1/72 and plasticard I have I might as well build them, I'm about %80 complete on the six wheeler and will have some more WIP up tonight on that.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2013, 12:57:14 AM »
Hi All,

I'm nearly done on the six wheeler just a few little bits to add. I added the hand controls also added plasticard to the front end and to the left and right edges. I have also made a winch from pieces of 1/35, 1/72 and plasticard, the line is just ship model string and teh winch actually works.

I won't be painting any of the vehicles until I have them all built which should be within two weeks.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2013, 04:54:37 AM »
Hi All,

Well this has been a great weekend for me no work and time to myself I got stuck in redoing the Joe chopper from Secret of the Stolen Idol,  I am about %80 complete on it I just need to add some extra things and then fill in gaps and do some sanding.

As per the six wheeler I decided to make a working winch for the chopper as well and I also made it so the blades can be rotated.

Ron

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 10:51:29 PM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2013, 01:20:28 PM »
Well I am happy to announce that thanks to Hasbro we are going to be offering an SDCC Fett with Han in Carbonite and Angry Birds SDCC Pack.

And wow those wips look good to me!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2013, 06:07:04 PM »
Oh my Ron! That looks fantastic! You are going all out man! How many vehicles are you going to scratch build?

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2013, 11:19:02 PM »
Hi All,

Well I am happy to announce that thanks to Hasbro we are going to be offering an SDCC Fett with Han in Carbonite and Angry Birds SDCC Pack.

And wow those wips look good to me!

Cheers Shawn

Oh my Ron! That looks fantastic! You are going all out man! How many vehicles are you going to scratch build?

Hey Spry,

Thanks buddy and I was thinking of 4 vehicles the chopper, six wheeler, the track vehicle and the Pontoon boat from Trapped in the coils of Doom.

I'm also looking at doing some smaller sets like.

Eight Ropes of Danger
Dive to Danger
Black Widow Rendezvous

Ron