Author Topic: Its time to announce our Birthday Custom Contest!  (Read 25973 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Its time to announce our Birthday Custom Contest!
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2013, 02:57:33 AM »
Wow JM, those looks great. I think its time to get one of those on the front page.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2013, 05:59:33 AM »
Tamer, Thanks for the FP.  I have more. Could they be posted on my thread?  Could these here be posted on my thread now?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2013, 08:18:13 AM »
Tamer, Thanks for the FP.  I have more. Could they be posted on my thread?  Could these here be posted on my thread now?

JM,

Let me check with my mods to see if there might be any problems with this. I don't forsee any, but let me make sure before I just say yes. Sometimes I might miss something they can make sure I remember.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2013, 09:11:35 PM »
Tamer, Thanks.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2013, 01:11:03 PM »
I changed my mind guys. I'm going to go with The Hobbit for the contest. Here is my Azog the Defiler on his Warg. These are just the basic figures right now. I have a lot of sculpting and painting to do. In case you are wondering, I used a new Marvel Hercules body with an Absorbing Man head. Fits on nice and snug. Gonna add a few more characters in with some minor modifications. Enjoy this little WIP pic. Just wanted to add a little about the Hercules body. It is amazing. It has a lot of articulation and just looks awesome. He comes with some straps around his body that would be perfect for a Heman custom. He would also make a great Spartan or Barbarian custom. I might have to pick up some more Hercules figures. Also wanted to say the Warg is super awesome. He also has many points of articulation and his mouth can open and shut!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 01:18:28 PM by CloneSniper78 »

Offline rex smoke

• A Droid's Worst Nightmare
  • Commander
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2013, 04:15:37 PM »
I changed my mind guys. I'm going to go with The Hobbit for the contest. Here is my Azog the Defiler on his Warg. These are just the basic figures right now. I have a lot of sculpting and painting to do. In case you are wondering, I used a new Marvel Hercules body with an Absorbing Man head. Fits on nice and snug. Gonna add a few more characters in with some minor modifications. Enjoy this little WIP pic. Just wanted to add a little about the Hercules body. It is amazing. It has a lot of articulation and just looks awesome. He comes with some straps around his body that would be perfect for a Heman custom. He would also make a great Spartan or Barbarian custom. I might have to pick up some more Hercules figures. Also wanted to say the Warg is super awesome. He also has many points of articulation and his mouth can open and shut!

That sounds like its going to be great!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2013, 03:23:44 PM »
It was suggested that I send a group shot of the War Wolves.  Here you go.

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2013, 07:37:57 PM »
Man, so psyched for this contest...everyone is pulling out all the stops!  I don't have any WIPs to share, because as soon as I get an idea..BAM!  Completed fig. I did a twelve hour stretch last weekend, ending at 5am, lol. What I will do is namedrop my Mash-up Mandos thus far.

Including two older MuMs allowed by the contest, I have the following done:

Mileena from MK
An original Cyberninja from MK
The Hulk
Deadpool
An original Crow character
Junkion Wreck-Gar
Junkion Detrius

Which leaves three left for the contest maximum of 12. I have ideas, but I actually ran out of Mando bits and had to buy a Mission Pack (gasp!) for the Jango. I couldn't use him for custom work, but he replaced my Legacy Jango on the shelf just fine. That Jango volunteered to be the next MuM custom.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2013, 02:38:14 AM »
Wow, that Mando list sounds pretty impressive DO! Can't wait to see some images.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2013, 10:12:00 PM »
Hi All,

Here is a little update on the 6 wheeler and chopper. The 6 wheeler needs some more weathering then it's complete and the base it's sitting on is part of the Mummy's Tomb. Sorry for the little out of focus pic on this one.

The Chopper still needs a little weathering and the Adventure Team logo added, the base is just a fill in while the Stolen Idol base is getting made.

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2013, 05:38:44 AM »
Tom, very cool, I can't wait to see your Hobbit line! I hope you get time to make a Hobbit hole!

Great looking group shot JM!

Michael I love your Mando Mashups and I am sure these will be just as stunning as the others you have made!

Ron, you vehicle builds are amazing! I see you are also weathering them. Man I wish my helicopter was that good. You have achieved the look of the vintage vehicle even though your parts are a bit more square. Very well done on both builds!

My time has been very limited here, sadly. I have been working on this project at night so I will have a update as soon as I make time to snap some photos. I did get in 2 casting sessions rather than getting enough sleep 2 nights in a row. Now I have almost all the parts needed to complete the different sets I am building up. Soon I offer some of these pieces I have extras of.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2013, 04:20:26 PM »

Mate I like where your going with the Hobbit line and I can't wait to see how this line turns out.

Ron, you vehicle builds are amazing! I see you are also weathering them. Man I wish my helicopter was that good. You have achieved the look of the vintage vehicle even though your parts are a bit more square. Very well done on both builds!

Thanks Hepas Spry and yeah you know me mate I have to give everything the old weather treatment  ;D. I was a bit hesitant at first with the chopper but as you mentioned even thou it has the square angles to it I think the subtle curved angles brings it all together.

And I can't wait to see all your pieces I have no doubt thta they will be stunning.
Ron 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2013, 07:56:43 AM »
Nice update Ron, you are pulling out all the stops here! I can't wait to see what everyone creates. Just about a month left before the submission deadline and I am so looking forward to seeing the party submissions.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2013, 11:58:52 PM »
Nice update Ron, you are pulling out all the stops here! I can't wait to see what everyone creates. Just about a month left before the submission deadline and I am so looking forward to seeing the party submissions.

Hey Shawn - Thanks mate and I'm also looking forward to seeingwhat everyone us done it's goingto be a great comp for sure and again thanks for the FP exposure.

Ron

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2013, 05:24:10 AM »
Amazing stuff, Ron! Love the adventure team stuff.