Author Topic: Darth Crassus Customs  (Read 43361 times)

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
Concept ROTS Anakin
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2014, 02:09:03 PM »
I love the Concept Anakin figure, but the head looked a bit “toyish.” I simply replaced the head and left hand with parts from the TVC Anakin Skywalker “Darth Vader” figure, which looks much more realistic. The pegs weren’t an exact match, so I had to swap pegs as well.

photo 35 

photo 14 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2014, 02:33:48 AM »
I gotta learn how to do that peg swapping thing. You made an excellent figure using that here. Off to the front page.

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2014, 07:04:40 AM »
I gotta learn how to do that peg swapping thing. You made an excellent figure using that here. Off to the front page.

Thanks! I cut the neck and hand pegs off, then glued the neck of the TVC Anakin onto the Concept body and the Concept hand peg onto the TVC Anakin peg. So less a swap and more surgery...

Offline My kind of scum

• Lieutenant
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2014, 08:23:20 AM »
I really dig your take on the concept Anakin, but I *love* your Shasa Tiel.  He looks great!

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2014, 01:35:07 PM »
Darth Crassus
Concept Anikin is much better this way.

Did I mention nobody details a Bith head better than you do.

Tamer
Darth Crassus' peg swap is the definitive way to go, but the quick fix for a too small peg is to squirt a dab of hot glue into the peg hole and squish the peg in before it cools.  You can clear the excess when it's all hard.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 01:38:37 PM by Sjefke »

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2014, 07:31:48 PM »
Darth Crassus
Concept Anikin is much better this way.

Did I mention nobody details a Bith head better than you do.

Tamer
Darth Crassus' peg swap is the definitive way to go, but the quick fix for a too small peg is to squirt a dab of hot glue into the peg hole and squish the peg in before it cools.  You can clear the excess when it's all hard.

Thanks for the comments! Still can't remember what I did to detail that Bith head. I used some reds and blues and smudged them around.

I've used the hot glue trick before, but this Concept Anakin peg was WAY too small for the Vader head so it would have required quite a bit of glue. Figured it was easier just to do some reconstructive surgery.

Note to Hasbro: There's no reason the pegs for the same character should be such different sizes. We're not talking about IG-88 and Han Solo. It's the same character, you'd think his neck and head would be the same size!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2014, 02:36:02 AM »
One of the last questions we asked Hasbro was about standardized peg hole sizes and I didn't like their answer one bit.

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2014, 09:39:43 AM »
One of the last questions we asked Hasbro was about standardized peg hole sizes and I didn't like their answer one bit.

I was the one who submitted that question. I thought Hasbro's answer was flippant and out of touch, as if they weren't even aware that customizers existed or didn't care. I mean, nobody is thinking about swapping IG-88 and Han Solo heads!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2014, 03:47:37 AM »
I was the one who submitted that question. I thought Hasbro's answer was flippant and out of touch, as if they weren't even aware that customizers existed or didn't care. I mean, nobody is thinking about swapping IG-88 and Han Solo heads!

To me this was a question answered by a team rep who has no idea about how the figures go together.

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
Concept Ki-Adi Mundi
« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2014, 12:34:07 PM »
I love the concept art of Ki-Adi Mundi and Plo Koon for Revenge of the Sith. I actually would have preferred more battle weary Jedi to show the effect of the war. Hasbro did a great job with the sculpt of the concept Ki-Adi Mundi figure, but it lacks the weathering and paint job that really makes the concept art so striking. I just added some paint to the figure to give it that touch. And I gave him a purple lightsaber because the original Hasbro figure had a purple lightsaber (before we all knew only Samuel L. Jackson could get a purple lightsaber).

plokieg6  

photo 21  

photo 23  
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:16:05 PM by darthcrassus »

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »
Great job on the repaint, also love the head swap on the Anakin figure.
“Once you've got a task to do, it's better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2014, 01:49:58 AM »
Great concept Anakin and Mundi.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2014, 02:49:59 AM »
Your Mundi looks great. Off to the front page.

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2014, 09:43:41 AM »
I was never interested in that Concept Anakin, but yours is such an improvement I likely would have bought it had it looked like that!
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2014, 08:37:45 PM »
I was never interested in that Concept Anakin, but yours is such an improvement I likely would have bought it had it looked like that!

Unfortunately, the figure goes for a fortune in the secondary market. I love concept figures so I knew I'd have to track him down, but I agree the original head looked a bit cartoonish.