Author Topic: Darth Crassus Customs  (Read 43299 times)

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
Boba Fett Mythos
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 09:36:14 PM »
As a companion piece to my Kenobi Mythos, here is my Boba Fett Mythos custom figure. I like the way it turned out, but technically I should have used an ROTJ Fett rather than ESB Fett. If I ever get a spare ROTJ Fett, I'll probably switch bodies. Anyways, it's close enough for now...

The official Sideshow Boba Fett Mythos statue as a reference:

Sideshow's Boba Fett Mythos Statue

And my Boba Fett Mythos customs:

Boba Fett Mythos

Boba Fett Mythos

Boba Fett Mythos

Boba Fett Mythos

Boba Fett Mythos
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:37:53 PM by darthcrassus »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 07:32:27 AM »
Looks great to me. Off to share.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 06:44:23 PM »
Have you considered doing some weathering to it so that it matches the statue even more? Either way looks great.

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
Updated Revan
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 08:09:03 AM »
After I put articulated legs on Revan, I realized that they were kind of useless with the plastic skirt Hasbro used. So, I decided to embark upon a more ambitious Revan custom. To be honest, I was scared of ruining this figure. But, I also knew I wanted a cloth skirt and a bit more dirt on the red plastic. I also liked the idea of a black skirt, which I think is more accurate to the version we see in the game. Anyways, I'm actually quite surprised I didn't totally destroy this figure (although I did come close). Now, Revan is better proportioned, has articulated knees and ankles, more weathering, and a cloth skirt! Now, I need to get Malak into shape.

Revan sideview

Revan

Revan skirt

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 08:10:35 AM »
Have you considered doing some weathering to it so that it matches the statue even more? Either way looks great.

Rogue Jedi, yes, after I posted this photo I did a bit more weathering. I actually found the best technique is to use a small torch and scorch the figure a bit. I didn't want to go overboard though. I'll post some photos soon.

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 09:40:36 AM »

photo 2

Added a bit more weathering here...

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 02:21:51 PM »
While I like the idea of 6'' figures, I think Hasbro really botched the paint on them. I tweaked the paint apps on most of the 4 figures from wave 1. The biggest change was Maul. Hasbro didn't even bother to completely paint his horns. I did. I used a light tan, which matched the color Hasbro used perfectly:

Maul

I also bought an extra Sandtrooper and gave him a grey pauldron:

Sandtrooper

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 05:10:49 AM »
Wow, such small changes that have such drastic effects to the better on these figures. I love it. Back on the front page.

Spookymufu

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 01:23:23 PM »
just curious but why did you paint the pauldron gray? That color never appeared in the actual movie, just orange, white, and black...

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 08:52:00 PM »
Great looking modifications to make these Hasbro figures look better.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2013, 01:33:04 PM »
Hey Dom, finally got a chance to check out your work. Nice work on the Mythos Fett and Obi. I agree Fett could do with a bit more weathering. Obi looks great like that, though.

Really like the Zayne Carrick as well. Great choice of parts. Will you be adding more from that series of comics?

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 10:24:50 PM »
just curious but why did you paint the pauldron gray? That color never appeared in the actual movie, just orange, white, and black...

Yeah, I know. There are a few reasons. First, I have a certain fondness for the Hasbro Sandtroopers with grey pauldrons. Second, I think it's more visually interesting than white or black. Finally, if I decide to add weathering, I think it'd look better on grey. Black is too dark and white is too light. Of course, if I find any more of these figures in the stores, I'll do black and white.

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2013, 10:31:44 PM »
Hey Dom, finally got a chance to check out your work. Nice work on the Mythos Fett and Obi. I agree Fett could do with a bit more weathering. Obi looks great like that, though.

Really like the Zayne Carrick as well. Great choice of parts. Will you be adding more from that series of comics?

Thanks. The last photo of Fett shows him with a bit more weathering. To be honest, at first I wasn't sure if I could bring myself to paint a TVC Fett, but I have 2 so I did it. In person, that final version actually looks pretty weathered so I don't want to add too much more. I'll try to post better photos one day.

I posted a few more KOTOR figures on my Facebook page, including Gryph. I don't think I've posted my Mandalore the Ultimate anywhere yet. I'm happy with him, but would like to give him a cloth cape one of these days and maybe a wash (although the plastic cape drapes nicely over his shoulders). As I've mentioned to you before, Satele Shan is on my to-do list as well.

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2013, 10:34:01 PM »
Great looking modifications to make these Hasbro figures look better.

Thanks. Only after I posted this did I realize the horns in the Maul photo are actually out of focus.  ^-^ I'll post another photo soon. I think anybody who gets that figure needs to repaint those horns. I used a Testors auto body paint kit light tan (got it for $7 off Amazon)

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2013, 10:37:32 PM »

Crazy trick I learned for that TVC Fett antenna - if you burn the plastic for a fraction of a second, it will harden, making the antenna staff harder and not as rubbery. I did it by mistake, but good thing I did.