Author Topic: Hound/VAMP from the SDCC 2013 GI JOE VS TRANSFORMERS boxed set.  (Read 5486 times)

Offline Wreckage

• Ensign
 Next up, the Autobot Scout Hound, seen here in the form of a classic GI Joe 25th Anniversary VAMP.

Redecorating a VAMP as Hound seems like a no-brainer. So much of a no-brainer, in fact, that his part in the set almost seems like it was added as an afterthought. I don't know if it is the idea (which seems solid in theory) or the execution (a VAMP in a slightly different color green still looks like a VAMP to me), but Hound is the only real weakness in an otherwise flawless set.

It doesn't help that the decal sheet seems to have been scaled down quite a bit, not just from what would seem to fit on the jeep, but down from the photos on the box as well. Whether it was an error or a cost cutting measure, the smaller decals don't do as much to set this apart as Hound, and not just another random VAMP from the motor pool.

A decal site like Cobrastickers could do well if they offered a rescaled version of the decals to fit more appropriately. Don't get me wrong, a VAMP is still a VAMP, and is always welcome, but in this set, it just doesn't stand out much.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hound/VAMP from the SDCC 2013 GI JOE VS TRANSFORMERS boxed set.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 05:44:52 AM »
As I stake out Hasbro Toy shop today this was an interesting read. I can see what you mean about the afterthought. Back on our front and fb pages.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hound/VAMP from the SDCC 2013 GI JOE VS TRANSFORMERS boxed set.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 08:03:26 AM »
I finally have a review button up on the front page for this. I do apologize for not getting to this sooner. I will endeavor to get better with these as reading your reviews is something I enjoy.