Author Topic: Baroness and Ravage from the SDCC 2013 GI JOE VS TRANSFORMERS boxed set  (Read 9115 times)

Offline Wreckage

• Ensign
Another standout addition to the set is the Baroness with Ravage, a combination that has an interesting history.

Based on art from a Devil's Due GI Joe Vs Transformers series, and once planned as a statue from a now defunct company (I think it was first4figures),  it was revealed in 2011 at a Hasbro panel that the pair was considered for the Pursuit of Cobra "City Strike" line. The concept finally sees release here, and looks fantastic.

There has been some criticism that the Baroness' head seems a little large, but I don't find that to be the case myself.

The only issue I find is the chain on Ravage, which looks large, lumpy and plastic-y. It is a small complaint, but since Hasbro has used real chain on figures in the past, it would have been nice to see that used here over the plastic leash.

Aside from the small chain issue, Ravage is well sculpted, and is an excellent representation of the vintage figure. He is also a lot of fun for photography.

Who's gettin' belly wubs?!? WAVAGE IS GETTIN' BELLY WUBS!!! GOOD BOY! GOOOOOD BOOYY!!!!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Thank you once again for another great review. I liked reading about the history. I never knew this was a cancelled piece. I do see what you mean about that chain. I have a feeling that will get swapped out for something a little more realistic.

Time to go to the front page and our facebook page. I see one more is up and I will save that one for tomorrow. I really appreciate you doing this for us Wreckage!

Offline Wreckage

• Ensign
No problem Tamer! I'll finish off with Jetfire tonight or tomorrow.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
Will ravage transform, he looks a lot like the one that came with hound a few years back but it seems he has some different articulation points from the pics. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Wreckage

• Ensign
No, he is basically a statue. He head moves a bit.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Baroness and Ravage from the SDCC 2013 GI JOE VS TRANSFORMERS boxed set
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 08:02:54 AM »
I finally have a review button up on the front page for this. I do apologize for not getting to this sooner. I will endeavor to get better with these as reading your reviews is something I enjoy.