Author Topic: Ebay Sellers and Stores you use?  (Read 77619 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Ebay Sellers and Stores you use?
« on: July 20, 2013, 01:23:28 PM »
I am trying to update this as I find new great sellers and custom items. If you have more to add to this let me know!

http://stores.ebay.com/toyssir2009

http://stores.ebay.com/viperkingdom

http://stores.ebay.com/happyeverydaysales

http://stores.ebay.com/Hobbystockcn-Toy-Store?_rdc=1

http://stores.ebay.com/sinodolls?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

dorksidetoys.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Army-Store?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Clonehead's Ebay Store

Jimmy's Toys Master Shop

Sith Happens Parts and Customs

I mean we can't forget about Tunghori even though he may be winding down. And please folks update this with other sellers who have good deals you have done business with and trust. I will add them to this list
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 02:48:53 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Ebay Sellers and Stores you use?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 04:17:01 PM »
Folks, I am gonna do a story a day this week on the major Star Wars and Custom Fodder Sellers (JOE, Marvel, DC, etc.) on the Evil Bay. If you have time read it, let me know what you think as I feature one seller a day. First out of the gate is Sindolls.

"After perusing ebay a lot these past two weeks trying to score a reasonably priced SDCC Fett (done with that now, thanks Remco)I came to the conclusion that there are a few sellers out there who really seem to be able to offer a ton of Star Wars Figures (even shipping from Asia) for a relatively low fee. Love em or hate em I am to the point where I think probably most of us have used them to plug in that figure we could just never find on the pegs or one we wanted to army build. The first seller out of said gate is one Sinodolls, an Asian Seller, who seems to be selling some figures for almost nothing. I just watched an auction for three droids, one of which was a build a droid, that didn't sell for a mere 90 cents! Here is the link to check out his current auctions (456 as of this post) and then I would love to hear your thoughts on this particular seller."

Do you folks use him? I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this major SW Sellers. Most of em seem to center around Asia and we can only assume they are getting factory rejects for nothing and then selling them for huge profit. Hate it all we do I will admit I have used folks like this, Tunghori comes to mind, to get figures I wanted multiples off. Some did not come with some accessories, but overall I couldn't find too much fault with the quality of these figures compared to their basic carded Hasbro counterparts. How Hasbro hasn't shut this down I don't know or perhaps they even test the proverbial waters by allowing these auctions to go forward I think it is one fun topic to think about.

Offline rex smoke

• A Droid's Worst Nightmare
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 04:49:08 PM »
Ya theses sellers are nice and all but you gotta watch out. I ordered 2 Fi Skirata RCs from an Asian seller and they both arrived but one had some paint app issues and the other had 2 right legs making the left one appear backwards. These could not be returned either and that was the worst part since they were defective. I have come to think that these are bootleg figures smuggled out of the factory and assembled elsewhere. Another issue I've seen is a seller has some riot clones for a mere 8 dollars but the riot sticks and shields are unpainted and sadly those are some of the best aspects of the figure. I have had some luck with other sellers but you really need to watch out.

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 09:24:48 PM »
Like rex smoke said, these sellers are very reasonable but there's always that chance the figure isn't gonna be of the best quality. I've bought 5 Fi Skiratas and their knee and torso joints snapped while trying to pose them. This isn't always the case so if the figures are for your collection be aware of the risk but these types of figures are great for customs and such.

I always figured these figures were factory rejects of some type, or maybe you're right Tamer and they try to test the waters with these figures. If that's the case, they should have took the hint when Tunghori sold out of hundreds of Bastila Shan figures in weeks, if not days even priced at $10 the first run and $15 the second. But who knows.

Offline rex smoke

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 05:20:53 AM »
Like rex smoke said, these sellers are very reasonable but there's always that chance the figure isn't gonna be of the best quality. I've bought 5 Fi Skiratas and their knee and torso joints snapped while trying to pose them. This isn't always the case so if the figures are for your collection be aware of the risk but these types of figures are great for customs and such.

I always figured these figures were factory rejects of some type, or maybe you're right Tamer and they try to test the waters with these figures. If that's the case, they should have took the hint when Tunghori sold out of hundreds of Bastila Shan figures in weeks, if not days even priced at $10 the first run and $15 the second. But who knows.

Ya the other Fi I had without backwards leg snapped a knee when I posed him

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 06:49:23 AM »
Good points folks. I think one needs to understand that you won't be getting top of the line and your figure may be missing a few parts, but that leg thing (if the figure was pictured having the correct ones) would definitely be grounds for an ebay case to get your deniro refunded. It is definitely a buyers market when it comes to ebay thats for sure.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 10:06:52 AM »
I did have a buyer return one of those fi figures that I had resold with a snapped leg. I just figured they had got it caught in a vacume cleaner or something.
A lot of those fi figures from the overseas sellers had very loose waist joints. A quality control reject I think. I had always figured that's where a lot of those over seas sellers got there stock from. Vipers kingdom had sold me a proto fett that had a snapped part on it once or twice. He replaced them. with no issues.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 12:35:23 PM »

Quite a few of our forum members have said they have done business with this particular seller Viperskingdom; another one who hails from Hong Kong. As of this posting there were 128 separate auctions for Star Wars and about 30 listings for some JOE Figures including a small lot of SDCC Exclusive JOES, some of which are better priced than others. I mean $144 dollar price tag on the Baronnesse with Ravage seems just a tad high to me (2 have supposedly sold at that price), but seeing the new Jetfire Skystriker for $28 doesn't seem quite like gouging to me.

Like I said yesterday, love em or hate em, most of us have probably used them and will continue to use them to get some of our swag. Lets us know what you think about this seller and others, as well as your opinion on these exposes. I for one have been wanting to do this for awhile and know I will be barely scratching the surface, but perhaps we can all learn a little here including myself!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 12:38:42 PM by Tamer »

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 05:33:27 AM »
I've done business with sindolls and viperskingdon, being pleasantly surprised with each.  While a lot of people claim these sellers have the reject figures they've always been high quality factory fresh for me! Now, I do not recommend buying any figures with cool accessories from them, because chances are they will not be complete. Other than that these two are a great way to score rare figures or army builders at reasonable prices!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 05:08:37 PM »
Yepper, I feel the same way. Don't expect the moon, but you can get some great deals. It might be time to showcase another one this evening or maybe tomorrow. I have been doing some deck work all day.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 06:29:33 PM »
Tunghori's Star Wars Army Store

This is the fellow who, in my opinion, started off the Major Action Figure Sellers on the Bay. He showed up with brand new figures, many of which were not even yet released by Hasbro, or even previewed for that point. However, it seems all good things must come to and as right now he only has 82 Auctions up for grabs. I wonder what happened? Still when you see great figures like the McQuarrie Vader for 5 bucks and Commander Faie for even less it sure does make you wonder if he has a bit of phoenix in him.

I have to admit I have bought quite a few AT-AT Drivers off this fellow and can't really see a difference in quality with what Hasbro had packaged at the time for less than half the cost. It is gonna be sad to see him go if he is indeed winding down.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 05:09:09 PM »

Once again this week we have been delving into one of the most intriguing aspects of how we acquire action figures for our collections; major Ebay Sellers. Tonight's feature focuses on Toyssir 2009 who seems to be focusing on major Star Wars Prototypes. I have never collected these myself, but wow the prices don't seem horrible for a prototype item. Speaking of prototypes he also seems to have quite a few Marvel, JOE and Transformers versions as well.

I for one plan on checking out some of these SW Prototypes that include proof cards, vehicles, among other things. I kind of expected these to be way out of my league, but maybe I can grab a few while waiting on the Black Waves to hit. Do any of you collect prototypes. I don't even know where to get started.

Offline rex smoke

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 08:06:59 PM »
These sellers can be great (especially for army building) but sometimes it's just a matter of waiting for stuff to pop up from other sellers.  You never know what you'll find. Just yesterday I won an auction for both the imperial navy commandos for $16 and free shipping. I guess I've lost trust in these sellers since I haven't received the best quality product. Your feedback seems good so maybe I should try again.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 07:22:11 AM »
Your feedback seems good so maybe I should try again.

Thanks for the vote of confidence and please use our ebay link if you are shopping on ebay:

ISY Ebay Link

and you can always find that button on the front page as we might get credit if you fine folks do buy something there.

I am gonna see who I want to focus on today. I would also like to find a good dedicated seller for nice carded Black Series Figures too. What do you guys think is too high a price to pay for a good carded figure?

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 08:00:04 AM »
As I have mentioned before and echoing Tamer's words, don't expect top of the line figures from these "back door" sellers (no disrespect). As far as wrong limbs, I've had that once with a triple squad of Keller's Marines. One Marine had two left arms.

But again, I personally am interested in these sellers for customizing reasons. If a figure falls apart, that's actually great, because it saves me the work of taking it apart  ;D Sometimes I also throw in a Lego figure or two for my daughters.

If you're after complete, collectible grade action figures, go to Dorksidetoys or any of the other ISY sponsors :)