Author Topic: Star Wars Figure Display and Diorama Project [LIVE]  (Read 18755 times)

Offline Yr1977

• Cadet
Star Wars Figure Display and Diorama Project [LIVE]
« on: July 18, 2013, 10:01:46 PM »
Hey everyone,

I just thought that you may all like to know that in the next week or two there will be a funding campaign launching on Indiegogo.com for a project that is looking to produce and offer for sale custom Star Wars display environments for 3.75" scale figures. The bases will come in both vintage and modern. I will post again with the link to the campaign page closer to the launch time. Until then, I'll leave you with these design drawings for the proposed first wave of custom display environments.

[UPDATE]

Hi everyone,
Here is just a quick update on our initial post: We are planning to launch the funding campaign for the Custom Star Wars Display Project this coming friday on Indiegogo.com.

For those of you who may not know about Indiegogo.com, it is a crowdfunding website similar to Kickstarter.com, where anyone with a great idea for a project or cause can pitch those ideas to attract contributors to help with funding.

We are pleased to see that there is quite a bit of interest for our planned display environments- for which their will be bases available for vintage and modern figures, as well as interest in other possible environments, such as a Cantina one. Through your posts, you have given us even more ideas for other pieces that we could produce should this project take off, including pegless base pieces and extension base pieces for increased display depth.

Anyway, we would just like to thank you all for your support, we really appreciate it and we will update you with the Indiegogo.com campaign link once we have launched the campaign on Friday.

Hey everyone,
This is just an update to let you know that the funding campaign for the Custom Star Wars Display Project has been launched on Indiegogo.com! It has been awesome to see so much interest in this project over the past week and we really appreciate your support. Here is a link to the campaign page, so head on over and check it out! http://igg.me/at/CustomStarWarsDisplayProject/x/3881808

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:36:35 AM by Yr1977 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Star Wars Figure Display and Diorama Project
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 06:37:18 AM »
Wow! Consider us onboard with these! I saw this and shared on our FB Page last night as a matter of fact. Gonna add this project to my front page to do list today. Welcome to ISY by the way!

If its ok I would like to ask a few questions.

1. Are these going to be as modular as they look? Meaning you could snap them together for an extended dio?

2. Any chance you might be offering any of these with leds further down the road? I could easily see light work really adding to the effect on some of these Death Star or Ship Board pieces.

3. I would love to hear what other environments you might be thinking about attempting if this is a success?

This just looks stellar to me and makes perfect sense to do.

Offline Hand So Low

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 07:41:35 AM »
I am also on board with these. What kind of price point would we be seeing?

Spookymufu

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 11:11:37 AM »
this looks promising

Offline Yr1977

• Cadet
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 09:01:44 PM »
Hi Tamer,

To answer your questions,

Yes, they certainly will be modular as they look. We are planning on producing extension pieces for each environment.

We would love to add lighting effects to the environments, but that is something that we would have to look further into.

There seems to be a bit of interest in a Cantina environment, so that will definitely be one that we will look into. Also, we will definitely be listening to what the community wants to see as well- thats the main reason behind our campaign.

Thanks for the support, we really appreciate it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 09:05:39 PM »
My pleasure, I sure did like all those answers to my questions too. Bravo!

I would love to see you come up with something Hoth related down the road. I can envision Echo Base or Trenches or Wampa's Cave that would look cool set up this way too. I have been told I am partial to that environment though. All joking aside this is a really cool idea and I can't wait to see what comes of it.

Offline Yr1977

• Cadet
Re: Star Wars Figure Display and Diorama Project [LIVE]
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 05:36:58 AM »
Hey everyone,
This is just an update to let you know that the funding campaign for the Custom Star Wars Display Project has been launched on Indiegogo.com! It has been awesome to see so much interest in this project over the past week and we really appreciate your support. Here is a link to the campaign page, so head on over and check it out! http://igg.me/at/CustomStarWarsDisplayProject/x/3881808

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 06:01:13 AM »
Very cool and long overdue! I too am working on Death Star panels that have been molded and cast. They will just be wall plates and you would have to build the rest of the diorama/frame to hold them. I love that you will offer a floor and ceiling section. One thing that would be nice/more screen accurate is if the wall detail in the center did not stick out. It should be flat with the rest of the wall tiles. I am thinking you did this to support the roof tiles. Will you offer additional floor tiles so it could be wider?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 08:10:15 AM »
Awesome, time to go announce this!

Offline Yr1977

• Cadet
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 06:56:29 PM »
Any of you guys wanna see some hi-res renders of the 3D models we will be using to print with?

Space Station
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/214/f/d/space_station_render_by_piece_of_resistance-d6g9x1h.jpg

Space Cruiser
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/214/c/f/space_cruiser_render_by_piece_of_resistance-d6g9wyc.jpg

These are still subject to change though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 07:05:12 PM »
Wow, how cool are these!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 07:24:10 PM »
The level of detail here is amazing. Seeing those high rez images and seeing all that detail able to be reproduced is just over the top.

When do you expect to try your first one?

Offline Yr1977

• Cadet
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 12:47:43 AM »
Could be seeing some actually pictures within the next week  ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 05:10:11 AM »
Could be seeing some actually pictures within the next week  ;)

Music to my ears! And congrats again on meeting your goal. I hope you guys buy two printers and start cranking out even more!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 07:12:33 AM »
I just had to share this high rez news on our pages. I feel like a kid the night before Christmas with these!

Best of luck on that first print.