Author Topic: Koths Kustoms  (Read 25641 times)

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
Re: Koths Kustoms
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2015, 10:49:43 AM »
I have an '80s version of all three. I'll dig them out. I also have Chihdo I made about 5 years ago. Have to find the pic of him for you, too.

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2015, 01:33:14 PM »
I actually feel embarrassed to post these. Please bare in mind they were my first customs in the 1980's.

Fenn Shysa, Dani, Rik Duel and Chihdo
Can you identify the ranges?

And my updated 2000's Chihdo

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2015, 04:01:29 PM »
Why be embarrassed? Seen Hasbro's recent Saga Legends figures lately?  ;D I like the retro customs, I never realized how long some have been making them.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2015, 02:59:06 AM »
Great stuff there from the 80's. I really like your Boba's GF too. Off to share.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2015, 08:26:09 AM »
I like all of these! Buck Rogers head on the Fett figure. I used to have a lot of the Buck Rogers figures. I think all I have left is Twiki, TigerMan and Draco. Is the Ric a Flash Gordon figure? It looks familiar too. 

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2015, 08:59:47 AM »
Thanks for your comments. You make me see them in a different light, what with the resurgence of Kenner style and all.

Charlie, Top marks for identifying the Buck Rogers head. Rik is actually a General Zod figure. I'm not sure which range. As a kid he fit the bill. Along the way his hair got a paint over and went to see 2-1B about his leg. Dani was a Fisher Price Adventure Person with an enamel mix.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2015, 03:40:48 PM »
fantastic work on Chihdo  ! After seeing that i went to look for those comics that i have stashed away  and read the whole arc !  . Hope you do more  from the original marvel comics !

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2015, 08:49:24 AM »
Thanks MrJ. That's cool! I don't think I have any more planned but Baron Tagge was pictured a few pages back.
My favourite Marvel story was 'Death in the City of Bone!' It sounds so menacing and dramatic.

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2015, 07:49:05 AM »
Wasn't Celebration great? From my warm seat in South Wales UK, I was able to see most of what was going on. Weren't the trailers good? Looking forward to both The Force Awakens and Rebels series 2, even though I haven't see series 1 yet.
I was very disappointed to see the new Commander Wolffe, stunted that he is. I saw my question was made to Hasbro who didn't have a clue what the problem was. Is it just me? I don't think so.
This got me on a research wheel to find a resolution to Wolffes problem. I'm not very good at swapping parts especially with these clones. The way they are put together means, as some of you know, the way to open them up is a bit invasive and may not be condusive to being reusable.
So what could be the replacement? Like the makers of Rebels and Episode VII I went back to the original material, Mr R McQuarrie and sought out the Hoth Trooper.
Whilst researching I also came across a peculiar astromech. At the 2003 Megacon The Florida Wolfpack were there on hand in their Legion Cosplay with an astromech called Wolfie!
You may know of my other love - astromechs - and I have been a bit busy.

Here for your delectation is Comet, Tracer and Wolfie!

Their noses will have a makeover when I fell the urge and then I can complete the face paint.

Its also great to see a new wave of BAD Disney figures. A bit of a shame they are not 100% the same, but there are workarounds. (I'm more worried about the smaller 3rd leg but lets see.)
This has given me an opportunity to stocktake my BADs and found some spares I came up with R2-K8.

I have made a few more Astros and I'll post them later

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2015, 03:07:35 AM »
Nice, very nice. Off to share.

And did you see when we asked Hasbro they said they were "unaware" of the height issues on that new Wolffe? I just have to laugh sometimes.

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2015, 04:24:45 AM »
Thanks for the front page fun!

I thing Hasbros policy is to plead ignorance, especially with the end product in hand. Though I am more disgusted at the reply about the 6inch Boushh! ' It's your fault, suckers!'

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2015, 06:51:21 AM »
Here's an update on the Wolfpack helmets.

Here's also a sneek peek at my next 'batch'.

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
    • Bronxstalkers Facebook page
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2015, 07:30:09 AM »
Love that trooper helmet paint job.   0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2015, 03:20:44 AM »
Those buckets are looking good. Off to share.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2015, 01:08:10 AM »
great work mate!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms