Author Topic: Koths Kustoms  (Read 25578 times)

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
Re: Koths Kustoms
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2014, 08:34:29 AM »
The Yoda Chronicles are quite a chuckle but if the story line was serialised or moviefied I think it would be quite impressive. To think having a Sith Clone in Clone Wars or battling Ewan McGregor on the big screen. I'd go fo it.

Thanks for the FP too.  :D

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2014, 11:05:01 AM »
So here's my final batch of figures I completed in my two week marathon.

R2-O1 (Jabbas drinkserver)
Delta Squad R5 - U8-C4? Working slowly through the Delta squad when I get the fodder.
and R2-CQ. I didn't like the head that came with Yoda's Starfighter so I came  up with this chequerboard Idea. But I didn't have a body. After abandoning several Tatooine and Rebel R5s I put it to use to finish CQ. I may revisit with a checquerboard design later.

Other styles of figures I touched on during this time is 5inch

The War Doctor set came with The War Doctor, Moment and alternate head for Doctor 8. Paul had to have a body so this is a 'Dark Eyes' rendition using a 'Primeval' figure.

T

Love the astromechs and the Doctors.
Where did you find the name of the bartender astromech?

Nice job on Baron Tagge too.  Did you do a lot of prep work on the ball joints?  Obviously, because they look perfect.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:08:04 AM by Sjefke »

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2014, 01:32:15 PM »
Thanks Sjefke
With Tagge I didnt prep his joints. I think I had to do something with the waist, it was a while back now.
I undercoated white to get a good red uniform colour on the uniform. I dont think ive even hardcoated him.

There are two names going round for Jabbas astromech. I favour R2-O1 as its not only the first I read but the other source is a bit spurious. My family of droids a few pages back have a few names in brackets because I question their authenticity. Same as R2-H5.

Thanks for your comments Sjefke

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2014, 04:54:43 PM »
Awesome Work!

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2014, 04:12:28 AM »
As part of the Yakfinities custom challenge for Merchants I present Gethir Magan, the Slave Trader and resident of Mos Cairo and his Guards.

Gethir Magan is a ruthless trader who trades in slaves and information. He is very successful and is always protected by his Aqualish guards. Magan has a good line of burly fighters and female attendants/entertainers. A bounty was once put on his head but was swiftly paid off by Magan himself, or did something happen to the placer of the bounty?  He is known to the Empire...

Gethir Magan

Head and hands - Plo Koon
Rest (including wrists) - Meena Tills
Bag of money - Yoda belt?

Aqualish Guards

Head - Walrus Man
Hands - Djas Puhr?
Rest - Rahm Kota

Trill Brawler

Head - Kyle Katarn
Sleeves - WWE Figure
Rest - Wolverine

Mos Cairo is my intended diorama (in the works for the past X years) which allows all my SW and IJ figures to mix. Gethir and the Guards have been sidelined fodder for an age, I'm glad they have now been finished.

Enjoy

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2014, 03:19:09 AM »
Nice, time for the front page!

Offline StarFall

• Ensign
    • Star-Fall: The Webcomic
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2014, 08:07:04 PM »
Cool use of the Rahm Kota bodies! The walrus men look great! Your Baron Tagge is excellent too!
starfall-thecomic.com
"Live by the multisword, die by the multisword."

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2014, 08:27:16 AM »
--- Boring Doctor Who Headswaps ---

I picked up two 50th Anniversary sets yesterday

and with the other one I bought for myself I did a bit of headswapping.

10th Doctor with Coat and Glassess
 10th Doctor au naturel
 11th Doctor with Brown waist coat and red tie (similar to the Hide set Doctor but not Grey waistcoat)
 11th Doctor (The Big Bang) with Fez (and painted blue tie!)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2014, 03:38:35 AM »
I need to start watching a bit of this Dr. Who series. Seems really popular.

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2014, 01:55:41 PM »
The good thing about this series is its totally different from the Smith era which wasnt giving many answers. It is a bit too Clara heavy, but some interesting stories nonetheless.

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2014, 08:41:24 AM »
With the news Funko 7 ReAction wil be releasing Star Trek Next Generation figures in their next wave I have decided to clean up my 1990s customs.
I lived and breathed Next Gen, especially at the beginning when the series was released on video through rental stores here in the UK.
The Galoob figures were equally as sparse where only the first three figures got a limited release here. I eventually bought the whole wave from Intergalactic Traders in Florida. This set actually came with a customised series 2 Riker, which I still have MIP!

This gave me the idea to make my own figures especially as some of the key characters never made it to plastic.

My paint of choice in the 1990's was enamel. (Eeeew! I hear you cry. Don't worry I've learned my lesson.) So I had a few bad starts with Deanna and Beverly Crusher but hit gold using the Kate Macrae head for Doctor Pulaski. Black Hole figures faced to chop as I made a few more customs, head swapping.

Now, I'm turning my attention to those bad paint job characters that are screaming for a refresh and give them the justice they deserve.

The list of figures are Season 2 Geordie and Worf,Thomas Riker, Lance Herbert (Bridge Regular), Lt Picard, Lt Forthol (comics), Pulaski, Troi and unnamed medic.

These have all had a covering (or 2) of enamel.

I have started with Geordie, Worf, Riker and Herbert and soaked and scrubbed them in Fairy power spray. I am looking for before photos of these guys and will post if I can find. Their quality was bad. Herbert was originally Charles Pizer painted pink for a Zeltron, painted flesh. Worf had 3 coats  of paint!! They have all come up really well, a little brown still visible but still removable.

Picard, Pulaski, Forthol and medic in line for a clean. Troi will also get the same treatment although I tried to tidy her up and have recently given her an upgrade with POTC head.

As I'm sure you can see the paint work is uneven and lumpy. Over the holidays I hope to complete these guys and gals and make them sharp.

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:15:50 AM by koth »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2014, 04:31:43 AM »
This is an interesting topic. Time to share. Looking forward to your finale.

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2014, 05:24:54 AM »
The cleaning process was pretty easy. The figures had a soak in the power spray for a couple of hours before being scrubbed with an old toothbrush.

A couple of figures took a couple of soaks to get all the paint off. Only a little of the galoob figures lost some paint from their uniforms. Their heads were ok and didn't lose anything unlike the Black Hole figures who needed their hair touched in.

One thing I am surprised at is how well this power spray cut through 3 layers of enamel paint. Thanks to the guy in my local Warhammer store for the tip.

So all figures cleaned I'm now ready to start painting. I've matched the brown uniform colour and identified an olive green for the Forthol figures skin. The only problem I'm having is with Deanna Troi. I need to give her one more soak and will then need to reconstruct her.

More to come...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2014, 03:28:20 AM »
coming along nicely!

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2014, 03:14:06 AM »
Wishing you all festive tidings!

I've got to a point where I'm happy with now. No lumpy paint jobs any more.

This was my wave 1

Series 2 Geordi and Worf, Tom Riker and Lt Picard
Simple paint jobs

Wave 2

Lance Herbert, Medic, Dr Pulaski and Steve Bennett
Reheads using Black Hole figures

Wave 3

Vulcan, Ensign Kellogg, O'Brien, Dr Crusher, Sarah MacDougal, Robin Lefler
Reheads using a broad spectrum of stock

Wave 4

Dr Selar, Shelby, Andorian, Dino (Deltan Counsellor, fanfic)
More recent reheads than previous waves.

I'm still working on two as I had to go back to basics with one of them.
Enjoy.