Author Topic: open contest- republic fighter tank...  (Read 5748 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
open contest- republic fighter tank...
« on: July 25, 2009, 05:46:44 PM »
What the hell, clint get's all the glory doing these contests on here I want to see some big vehicle customs now! 

I've started this contest over on st6 for S & G's so I'll do the same on here as well.  I'm loving this republic fighter tank clone wars vehicle I just got and have started customizing it.  I want to see what you guys can come up with. 

If you guys are interested:
I'm thining about offering a super articulated clone trooper to the winner.  One made with parts from both 25th gi-joes and clones. 

Winner would be decided by the moderators just like in clint's contests.  I'll take myself out of the contest and out of the judging as well and let them handle it (unless they come back and tell me otherwise). 

what would be a decent time table on this contest?  write back and give me a good date to end it by... 

ok, basically the goal of this will be to make the best custom version of the republic fighter tank that you can come up with.  Do whatever you want with it.  Go crazy, stay traditional.  best overal presentation and design at the end of it will win.

Sound good?  give me a heads up if you think this is worth trying to do.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: open contest- republic fighter tank...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 06:20:23 PM »
Spudafett, that sounds like fun!  I'm totally open to this, so let's see those customs!  Makes me want to go out and find one even more now!  Good thing I'm not eligible!  Let's see them custom tanks!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 06:25:52 PM »
LOL - are ya TRYING ta kill me???  I've got some ideas for things to do on mine beyond a simple repaint, but holy frack man!  I've got two different speeders disassembled on my workbench plus these four for Jules I'm trying to get finished up (and they get priority over everything else!).  Not that any of the three vehicle ideas are *hard,* mind you...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 06:27:51 PM »
Sounds cool to me also, Spud. Were I eligble I would hop into this one. Course, I have the hasbro contest dip to work on as well as tamer's neglected project.
Try not to come up with a timeline that will conflict with the speeder contest if of can be helped.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 06:30:59 PM »
well you guys want me to be the sole judge and you guys can participate... only I thought it'd be kinda biased with me doing the judging... 

I'd thing it'd be nice for you guys to get in on this for a change since you all never get to take place in the contests.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 08:15:26 PM »
Spudafett, I just saw this and I must say it is very gracious of you to start this contest. I must say I look forward to seeing what the results are. I have already seen some great lights on Doc's tank. Sweet contest. I like the sound of this.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 06:46:49 AM »
That is very nice of you, Spud. Come up with a time frame and I will throw it up on the front page, buddy.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 11:12:59 AM »
I was just thinking about the time frame thing per Doc's post. Perhaps we ought to get our other Shipyards contest out of the way and then we can run this one if you would like Spudafett. We want the folks to give it thier best full undivided attention!

I also could mod it as I know I am no customizer and let the other folks get into the action if that is feasable.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 11:44:36 AM »
Mabey that is a better idea, spud, that way, the custom guys here are not so rushed.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 11:49:17 AM »
I still love the idea of this and think it is a great idear.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 02:10:06 PM »
yeah that's great.  we'll start this'n as soon as clint's speeder contest is finished.  then I'll figure out all the other details for it...  that'll give me time to get a figure put together for the prize too

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 02:21:36 PM »
Sounds cool, spud. Does that mean that I can still compete?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 02:25:05 PM »
yeah, if you want lock this thread with a note saying this contest is being restructured and I'll repost it after yours is completed. 

I guess I'll let myself, my wife, and kids be the judges for the end of it all that way all you guys can participate!

well, is there any way to add polls to the threads and only allow one entry to each poll per member?  if thats possible we could do a "everyone votes" kind of contest as well... hopefully there will be enough people who doesn't enter that can vote that it won't be biased?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 02:27:46 PM »
There is a link on the lower right to add a poll to this thread but I dont have alot of experience using it. What you suggest should work.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 05:47:45 PM »
Do you want this thread locked Spudafett?