Author Topic: 3d printed parts  (Read 959 times)

Offline Helix88

• Lieutenant
3d printed parts
« on: June 12, 2013, 08:27:09 PM »
anyone be interested in 3d printed parts if i can get them oof the ground? i now ahve acess to a 3d printer and was thinking of using it for extra hard to find stuff, the issue is sourcing existing 3d models or creating them myself. let me hear your thoughts on the matter.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:30:38 PM by Helix88 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: 3d printed parts
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 05:51:57 AM »
I think if you could show a few pics of some of the pieces you have created that might be a good way to start.

I know I for one would be interested in some side cannons, batter covers, etc. for vintage and potf2 walkers if the price was decent.

Offline Helix88

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 08:06:31 AM »
I think if you could show a few pics of some of the pieces you have created that might be a good way to start.

I know I for one would be interested in some side cannons, batter covers, etc. for vintage and potf2 walkers if the price was decent.

price is another thing that i'll have to figure out, if i cant do enough parts for cheap, than the whole idea is really dead in the water anyway i guess

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 08:20:50 AM »
Well I know folks are always gonna need the missles, bombs, backpacks, webbing, blaster pistols, blaster rifles, etc. things like that.

I know also that any vintage replacement part can be a huge expense. I don't know much yet how these printers work, but I have never ever seen replacement side cannons for either vintage or potf2 at-ats and think those would see like hotcakes.