Author Topic: Restoring Vintage TIE  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Qrest Fourstar

• Cadet
Restoring Vintage TIE
« on: June 06, 2013, 04:58:58 PM »
So, a hundred or so years ago, I broke my vintage TIE. I broke off the little hook that holds the panel in place so the battle damage worked. I got around this by putting the wing on upside down. Over time the other hook got broke.

So, inspired by Wookieballs, I have bee search the 'bay for stuff I need to restore my original toys. For the hell of it, I did a search on TIE parts, thinking I'd have to sacrifice an entire fuselage for these hooks. I lucked out and found a pair of the hooks. They are attached to the buttons. Got a pair in great shape. I pulled out my TIE and it's a bit yellowed around the edges. How should I proceed to brighten this thing up and then do surgery? And not in that order.

I also found replacement stickers for my droid factory and cantina.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Restoring Vintage TIE
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 07:20:41 PM »
Ray would definitely be the person to ask, but I would think matching the regular paint and then dosing those yellowed parts with that might be the best bet, if not an overall paint job.

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
Re: Restoring Vintage TIE
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 09:29:21 AM »
Hey Qrest,

I also have a white vintage TIE in need of some TLC. I'm unsure yet as to weather I will repaint it - or soak the stripped parts in 35% hydrogen peroxide instead! I'll have a look when I get back from my holiday!