Author Topic: Star Wars: Rebels  (Read 27999 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Star Wars: Rebels
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 05:45:42 PM »
Three new teaser trailers on the front page.

Really starting to get excited for this. That Spark Teaser showing the Ghost with the TIEs and the falconesque turbo laser fight sure did remind me of ANH. I know its just my OTC Roots shining through here, but I am so psyched that younger folks might get hooked on Star Wars with a similar time frame that I got hooked on!

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 05:55:33 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet but I found out this morning that the AT-DP vehicle has no leg articulation!!!!....can anyone confirm this?
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 03:06:12 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet but I found out this morning that the AT-DP vehicle has no leg articulation!!!!....can anyone confirm this?

I will start a thread for this in our Rebels section so we can keep this about the show, but yes I can confirm. You can also see it if you look at the showroom gallery pics. Here you go:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9001.msg169922#msg169922
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:23:54 AM by Tamer »

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2014, 09:35:55 AM »
Only thing I've seen so far that I like about the show is the new villian and the AT-DP.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2014, 09:55:45 AM »
Just a bit of the space battle footage  looks so OT so that has me hooked. I was hoping we would see a bit more of the Imperial Troop Transport on some of these, but I am still hopeful at this point.

Matter of fact I added a new character teaser video to the front page.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »
Still in the middle about these characters, but this one's a keeper!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/20/star-wars-rebels-all-characters/

Then again, I'm partial to the species  ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2014, 03:38:48 AM »
She looks pretty cool to me too. I need to take that video to the front page.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2014, 07:01:12 AM »
New Wonder Con 2014 Preview Clip on the front page!

Hera is gonna rock!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 03:22:26 AM »
New preview clip on the front page along with a May the fourth message.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2014, 01:07:59 PM »
New video on the front page sent to us by Lucasfilm! :D

Imperial Inquisitor - The Empire’s Jedi Hunter

New Star Wars Rebels Behind-The-Scenes Video:

LINK:

In the upcoming Star Wars Rebels animated series, the Empire rules with an iron fist, spreading fear from world to world. Meanwhile, the few remaining Jedi are hunted across the galaxy -- and the cold, calculating Imperial Inquisitor is the hunter.

Fully revealed in this new video, the Inquisitor recalls classic Star Wars villains but is also distinct in many ways. According to Lucasfilm’s Pablo Hidalgo, the Inquisitor is not a Sith, though he does wield a red lightsaber and taps into the dark side. “His intensity is based on the purpose of the assignment,” Hidalgo says. The design of the Inquisitor evolved during early phases of production, but one specific element truly finalized both the character’s threatening look and personality.

“Once we put the [Pau’an] head on, it all kind of fell into place,” says executive producer Dave Filoni. Indeed, the Inquisitor’s face is intimidating and frightening, featuring carved lines, red markings, and jagged teeth. “Suddenly there was this black-suited, armored, creepy, evil Inquisitor. It’s unmistakable.” One crucial factor in bringing the Inquisitor to life, however, is his voice – and that task falls to a veteran of villainy.

Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter films) plays the Jedi hunter, joking, “I’ve played a few unpleasant characters. Possibly, you could call them villains -- depends on your point view.” Isaacs notes that the Inquisitor’s job is simple -- to track down and kill all Jedi or Force users with no mercy.

Chris Glenn, concept artist, notes that while the Inquisitor is not a Sith, he is more than a match for Force-wielders. “He’s familiar with a lot of the Jedi ways and training tactics, and he uses that knowledge against Kanan.” Kilian Plunkett, art director of Star Wars Rebels, says that while the Inquisitor visually evokes earlier villains like Darth Maul and Darth Vader, he isn’t just a carbon copy.

Ultimately, the Inquisitor is a major new threat for Star Wars Rebels’ small band of rebels – and that is by design. “When the Inquisitor shows up,” Hidalgo says, “it means something. It’s significant, and it’s a definite challenge to our heroes.”

Star Wars Rebels is scheduled to premiere in the fall as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, and will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.

Follow @StarWars and @DisneyChannelPR for the latest news on #StarWarsRebels. Stay tuned to www.StarWars.com for more on Star Wars Rebels at SDCC.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2014, 02:14:39 PM »
"STAR WARS REBELS: SPARK OF REBELLION"
AVAILABLE ON WATCH DISNEY XD, MONDAY SEPTEMBER 29;
PREMIERE TELECAST ON DISNEY CHANNELS
AROUND THE WORLD ON OCTOBER 3

Continuing the epic tradition of the legendary Star Wars saga, an exciting animated one-hour movie "Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion" will be available first to verified users on WATCHDisneyXD.com and the WATCH Disney XD app beginning  MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29. WATCH Disney XD allows consumers to watch on tablet, phones, computer and set top boxes.

The global television debut of "Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion" is set for FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3 (9:00  p.m.,  ET/PT  in  the  U.S.) on  Disney  Channels  around  the  world, ushering  in  the series  "Star  Wars  Rebels"  beginning  MONDAY, OCTOBER 13 (9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney XD.  The series will air in 34 languages across 163 countries in over 400 million households.

The television movie garnered rave reviews at last month's San Diego Comic-Con fan event for its story (set between the events of Star Wars Episodes III and IV) and its look -- akin to the classic Star Wars trilogy.  The series designs are influenced by the work of original Star Wars concept artist Ralph McQuarrie.

The story unfolds during a dark time when the evil Galactic Empire is tightening its grip of power on the galaxy. Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet and are ruining the lives of its people. The motley but clever crew of the starship Ghost -- cowboy Jedi Kanan, ace pilot Hera, street-smart teenager Ezra, the "muscle" Zeb, warrior firebrand Sabine, and cantankerous old astromech droid Chopper -- is among a select few who are brave enough to stand against the Empire. Together, they will face threatening new villains, encounter colorful adversaries, embark on thrilling adventures and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.

"Star Wars Rebels" is created by Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past, Sherlock Holmes), and Carrie Beck. The Lucasfilm Animation production is also executive-produced by Filoni and Kinberg as well as Greg Weisman (Gargoyles).

The talented voice cast includes Freddie Prinze Jr. as Kanan, Vanessa Marshall as Hera, Steve Blum as Zeb, Tiya Sircar as Sabine, Taylor Gray as Ezra, David Oyelowo as Agent Kallus and Jason Isaacs as the Inquisitor.

The multi-platform schedule in the U.S. is:

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
·         "Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion" one-hour movie will be available to verified users on WATCHDisneyXD.com and the WATCH Disney XD app for smartphones and tablets. It will also be available on Disney Channel SVOD.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3
·         Premiere telecast of the one-hour movie "Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion" (9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4
·         "Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion" will be available on Disney XD VOD and for purchase through Apple iTunes, Amazon Instant Video and Google Play.

MONDAY, OCTOBER 6
·         "Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion" (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) premieres on Disney XD.

MONDAY, OCTOBER 13
·         "Star Wars Rebels" (9:00 p.m., ET/PT) series premieres on Disney XD.

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14
·         "Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion" will be available to own on DVD in retailers nationwide. The DVD includes the movie, a free Ghost 3D model ship, four "Star Wars Rebels" shorts, plus a never-before-seen piece that takes you deeper into the world of "Star Wars Rebels" and the upcoming season.

Disney Channels Worldwide
In the Disney Channels Worldwide portfolio, there are 42 Disney Channels and 30 Disney XD channels, in over 30 languages, reaching hundreds of millions of viewers around the globe.  Disney Channels Worldwide is part of the Disney/ABC Television Group.

About Lucasfilm Ltd.
Lucasfilm Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects and audio post-production, cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.

Lucasfilm, the Lucasfilm logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.

Follow @DisneyChannelPR and @StarWars for the latest news on #StarWarsRebels, and check out StarWars.com for more exciting news on the series.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2014, 06:05:47 PM »
Been watching various trailers for this and am looking forward to it.
Disney just released 3 new tv spots today as reported at dark horizons.com.http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/33560/a-trio-of-star-wars-rebels-tv-spots

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2014, 05:40:33 AM »
Does anyone else just feel like we have watched hours of this show before it even airs?

My wife just informed me she "downgraded" our tv service because we aren't watching much TV now. Does anyone remember what Luke said when he found out Vader was his father? That was  my reaction.

Now I have to find another way to watch this that won't break the bank.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2014, 04:38:40 PM »
Yet another preview video on the front page.

I don't have too many details yet, but this show just got a lot more exciting for me!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2014, 06:23:45 PM »
I'm ready. I want to see it on the big screen.
Bring on those vehicles in the stores as well.