Author Topic: Star Wars: Rebels  (Read 28009 times)

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
Star Wars: Rebels
« on: May 20, 2013, 04:04:35 PM »
I see on my Facebook page that Star Wars; The Clone Wars posted an announcement and a video about the upcoming animated series called "Star Wars: Rebels"...

http://starwars.com/news/new-animated-series-star-wars-rebels-coming-fall-2014.html

Maybe we'll get new series of figures and vehicles from this series?

said to be set between Ep 3 and Ep 4.... clearly we will see the Evolution/Development/stripped down versions of the Y-wings from the fully cladded/armored versions seen in the Clone Wars to the stripped down bombers in The Original Trilogy Series....as well as possibly the development of the X wing from the ARC 170s and Z-95 Head hunters (were the Z-95s introduced in canon in Clone Wars?)

in the interview; since I am not able to hear words..... (deaf here) I see that one of the artists is working on a TIE fighter....so we will see them for sure....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 07:26:34 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Star Wars Rebels? new animated series announced by Disney
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 05:19:27 PM »
Great news, glad to see a further prequel/otc tie in. Hope we get to see some Walkers whatever it is!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 08:08:02 PM »
Nice scoop there. I guess I could have seen it coming although It sounds better than I had hoped. I like the idea of them using McQarrie as a direct influence on design.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 02:50:48 AM »
Me too Clint. Time to share on the fp. Camo Deafie I gave you a shout out.

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 02:54:53 PM »
Tamer; thanks for the shout-out! :)
I am very curious about this show :D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 07:26:00 AM »
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 07:37:36 AM by Tamer »

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
Re: Star Wars: Rebels
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 07:45:36 AM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 08:46:03 AM »
Great shots there Rune, thank you. I also notice there is no white line between the eye holes and the black stripe which seems to be a bone of contention with the new 6 inch Black Stormtrooper. Perhaps Hasbro was going off this sculpt?

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 02:56:24 PM »
A lot of new information was revealed about this show at CE2

I've been thinking... could those four-engined ships be some sort of Dreadnaught class ships? They look different, but could be an evolutionary model....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 06:57:12 PM »
I will be interested to see what comes of them too thats for sure. A new large ship design. Sure does pose questions. When we thought we had seen all the SW Ship designs there were at this point.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »
Folks, we just uploaded a ton of new Star Wars Rebel Images in our NYCC after Dan went to the panel today. Here is the link if you need it:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=8811.msg166017#new

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 11:07:23 PM »
Here are my notes from the "Star Wars: Rebels" panel at NYCC yesterday:

1 ) Cartoon is about a year away from airing.

2 ) Will initially air as a 1 hour special on the Disney Channel.

3 ) Series will premier a few weeks later as a half hour series on DisneyXD.

4 ) Simon Kinsberg, who is a consultant on Episode VII and working on one of the spin-off films is working on the series.

5 ) Animation is starting now, Dave Filoni is in Asia right now getting the animation team started.

6 ) Voice-over work is currently underway.

7 ) The series art department went to the Lucasfilm Archives to look at the Ralph McQuarrie original art to see not only the designs, but the brushwork, colors, weight and shading.

8 ) Design team utilizing vast amounts of unused McQuarrie concepts for settings, ships, props, alien species, etc. for the cartoon.

9 ) Series takes place 14 years after "Revenge Of The Sith" placing it 5 years prior to "A New Hope".

10 ) After the turmoil of the Clone Wars, the Galaxy considers the Empire a great stability.

11 ) The Empire moves out into "The Frontier" (possibly another name for the Outer Rim?) to take control of the multitude of "independent systems".

12) The Empire does not have the manpower to just waltz in and place planets under their direct control yet so they will manipulate the planets' governments into either joining willingly or replacing their current leaders with ones that will be more friendly to the idea of Imperial rule.

13 ) Main setting for series is the planet "Lothol" (unsure of actual spelling), an independant world that is rich in minerals but too poor properly exploit their mineral wealth.

14 ) As per George Lucas himself, Imperial era troops (Stormtroopers, TIE Pilots, Scout Troupers, et.) are NOT clones but conscripted and volunteer soldiers. The clones age at twice the rate of a standard human and were put out of production at the end of the Clone Wars so there are none still in fighting shape. Those clones that did not die yet are either retired or used to train the enlisted Stormtroopers.

15 ) Imperial E-11 blasters in "Rebels" will have the Vintage Kenner weapon's signature flaring on the barrel.

16 ) New Imperial Trooper being introduced- the AT-DP (All Terrain Defense Pod) Pilots. Look to be a mixture of AT-ST Driver, classic Stormtrooper and AT-AT Commander.

17 ) AT-DP is based on unused McQuarrie At-St design from "Empire". The original McQuarrie design actually appeared in the old "Star Wars" newspaper strip drawn by Al Williamson back in the early 80's so there is already precidence for this design being somewhat canon. This is a 2 person walker in which the gunner sits in front of and below the pilot like in modern military helicopter gunships.

18 ) Kenner Imperial Transporter to appear in series in a slightly modified form. It is larger, more heavily armored and armed with additional turrets in the front.

19 ) Kenner TIE Fighter to be main Imperial starfighter in series.

20 ) McQuarrie concept art IG-88 may appear in series in some form (image very briefly glimpsed in behind the scenes video during panel).

21 ) Imperial propaganda posters will be prominant part of series scenery.

22 ) Heroes will be underdogs like in EP IV.

23 ) Heroes will not have established well stocked supply chains and will have to either repair, or find a way to replace (i.e. probably steal) any assets they lose during their struggle.

24 ) All ships are being designed and 3d rendered in actual scale to one another unlike physical models which are usually scaled all over the place depending on what shots they are being built for.

25 ) The Galactic Senate is still in session, although the Emperor holds all of the real power and they are more or less puppets under his control (Senate is abolished just prior to the events of EP IV).
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 03:26:29 AM »
I'm definitely much more excited for this show, than I was for TCW. I'll be great to finally see all those vehicles based on old McQuariie and Johnston concepts in action. I haven't seen a single design I don't like: the Star Destroyer, "Ghost", AT-DP, Troop Transport (yay!), TIEs, I love 'em all. The AT-DP pilot looks pretty cool as well, a nice blend of different troops' designs.

Not too fond yet of the Inquisitor. Look like that Utapau guy. I'd much rather see some high ranked Imperial officers as the main bad guys. Maybe a main bad girl too? The Empire sure had some shrewd female officers. Now it feels as though they just couldn't come up with anything but another freaky looking alien... Maybe he'll grow on me. Ahsoka did, and I totally disliked her in the early episodes of TCW.

Can't wait for the première, it's still such a long time away  ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 06:06:06 AM »
That is one interesting nugget when it comes to the Clonetroopers Dan. Guess someone needs to start making me some replacement heads for all those Drivers I have that have Clone heads on em now!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 06:55:34 AM »
i loved TCW but i am really looking forward to this ,as anything that adds more flavour to the Star Wars universe is definatly welcome. the show that is ,the figures i couldn't give a monkey's left nut about at 5POA i'll stick to Sideshow..
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms