Author Topic: SSC 12" Commander Gree review  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
SSC 12" Commander Gree review
« on: May 08, 2013, 05:01:07 PM »
Another of the Sideshow Militaries of Star Wars series got opened today. This time it is the 41st Elite Corps Clone Commander Gree.

Accessories Include:
Armored Body with Phase 2 Helmet Portrait
Unmasked Portrait head
BlasTech DC-15A Blaster Rifle
BlasTech DC-17 Pistol
BlasTech DC-15S Blaster
Macrobinoculars
Two pairs of feet, Action and Standing
and the Generous assortment of Switch out hands

Generally, this comes with the same stuff as the other ones i have reviewed except for the Macrobinoculars and the Extra Human head with it's neck sock. Only one DC-17 is included this time. The paint apps on the weapons are a bit different than before with more of a black theme with silver details.

The camo scheme on the armor and helmet is a good representation of what we seen on the big screen.

Sculpting is exquisite on the head and helmet and the armor is different at the back side with alternate back pack detail including two sets of antenna "one is a spare which is nice"

This is the exclusive version which came with the fancy stand and I have adopted using the stand wires under the crotch area for display.

In my pics, I shot em on the back deck and in the afternoon , there is some shade but they look like they turned out alright.

Another winner for Sideshow! My collection grows and looks more spectacular with each addition.
Now, Sideshow, what we need to go with this guy is a kashyyyyk trooper, you know, the one that looks like a camo biker scout.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: SSC 12" Commander Gree review
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 07:10:44 PM »
Great review mate ,I am dead jealous Gree looks superb but unfortunately prices for him and bly are just a bit too hefty at the mo .
Gotta ask mate are you gonna be casting the macrobinoculars and DC-17 pistols as I could do with a couple of each .
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 08:43:02 PM »
Great review mate ,I am dead jealous Gree looks superb but unfortunately prices for him and bly are just a bit too hefty at the mo .
Gotta ask mate are you gonna be casting the macrobinoculars and DC-17 pistols as I could do with a couple of each .
dont know about the macrobinocks. there are a couple of fine details i would need to figure out how to save on those. The dc 17s are doable though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 06:26:12 AM »
Wow. Great review Clint. Time to go fp with it.

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
  • "A comMAHND post for the EMpiah!"
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 06:48:38 PM »
Nice figure, nice review!  Thumbs up on the need for a Kashyyyk Trooper.  I haven't been buying anything figure related for a long while as I would rather put the money towards supplies for dios, but I will scoop up a Kashyyyk Trooper or certainly a ROTJ Scout Trooper in a heart beat.  I love the fact that these clones have clone heads.  If/when they do a ROTJ Scout Trooper I hope they decide to put a head with it but I doubt it.