Author Topic: CamoDeafies' Sci-Fi drawings;  (Read 54540 times)

Offline Siths Herald

• Ensign
Re: CamoDeafies' Sci-Fi drawings;
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2014, 07:08:34 PM »
Brilliant concepts!!  What do you use for markers?  I've been inspired a lot by Doug Chiang's work.  I can see some of that style here too.

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2014, 07:21:07 PM »
Brilliant concepts!!  What do you use for markers?  I've been inspired a lot by Doug Chiang's work.  I can see some of that style here too.

I use a mix of markers actually..... for the grays and rust marks, Tombo Dual Brush pens, Grayscale palette and Portraits Palette, and for the colors, Fibracolor markers, and for some of the older renderings in previous pages, a mix of crayola markers and Prismacolor dual tip chisel point art markers.

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2014, 03:19:23 PM »
Update! 5 pictures, more combos and variety!!
Twin X-wing with B-wing engine pod in middle, inspired by the F-82 Twin Mustang Night Fighter.

Imperial Ugly fighter based on a TIE Bomber and AT-ST walker head; there is a quad laser turret on the bottom where the head used to attach to the legs

a massive Imperial Ugly gunship, it uses a shuttle front and mid body cut down,with two 3/4s of B-wings attached to the sides, giving it 6 heavy laser cannons and 2 Ion cannons and 2-4x torpedo launchers. the center section houses a much more powerful hyperdrive motivator and generator to enable the craft to keep up with ships.

A pair of A-wing mods with V-wing foils, reversed foils so they closes backwards, for better visibility.

and the closed mode for the A-wing V-foils from the last update. :)

Hope ya liked them! :D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2014, 03:15:21 AM »
Great new concepts. My comments are now on the front page.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »
Great concepts.
The Twin X-Wing is my favorite.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2014, 02:36:46 PM »
WOW, these look excellent, I can definitely see a budding designer here, your style reminds me of the Foose's drawings from that custom car show.

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2014, 01:12:46 PM »
Thanks! :) I am a fan of Overhaulin' and Chip Foose..... along with some other artists...heres an update, all Mandalorian!!

A larger shuttle to complement the Aka'jor  assault shuttle, based on the Theta T-2C shuttle seen in the end of Revenge Of The Sith, and in Clone wars;

a Light starfighter, smaller and in the A-wing class, with rotating wing panels and turrets housing light laser cannons.

and a Club Tail heavy fighter/bomber, with a crew of 3, no variable geometry wing/engine units, but a far heavier armament than similar sized craft...4 medium cannons situated in two turrets (with gunner in a pod between), and 2 heavy cannons up front, as well as 2 light cannon OR ion cannons, and a warhead complement of 16 in two magazines of 8 each...with two tubes...the front seater is the gunner/navigator, while the middle seat is occupied by the pilot. The design provides a way for the crew to escape without resorting to a pressure suit, though if the cockpit transparency is breached, they have the pressure suits and self sealed systems in such case. the front has an escape unit consisting of the cockpit and two light cannons and small fins, and small rockets, while the rear is basically the whole gun pod with small fin/winglets and small rockets as well.

Offline Siths Herald

• Ensign
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2014, 07:23:31 AM »
Very smooth designs!  I like 'em.

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2014, 02:17:57 PM »
Very smooth designs!  I like 'em.

thanks man!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2014, 02:55:07 AM »
Sorry it has taken me so long to front page this update. I like it!

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »
small update; with some "rival sci fi universe" designs as well..... :P oh and some post apocalyptic sketches! two posts; since I've a few more...

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2014, 02:41:36 PM »
and final set I think?

Post apocalyptic vehicles; top one is a motor home ish thing based on an wheeled APC; middle is inspired by soviet BTR-152, but custom built on US chassis (Semi truck tractor), bottom is inspired by a very similar vehicle in Mad Max; the Road Warrior. Then there's the Romulan Transitional designs between TOS Bird of Prey and TNG Warbird; and possibly post TNG/Dominion War..... but not like the Raptor/whatever it was called in Nemesis....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2014, 07:07:23 AM »
Nice. back on the front page.

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2014, 06:22:14 PM »
Your Twin X-wing is fantastic. Great piece of art.

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2014, 03:02:34 PM »
Sorry for the long time of not posting updates...here's a bunch and one Star Trek design lol.

First up; a TIE -Courier, based on a TIE bomber hull, and with custom wing modules similar to the ETA-2 but much larger, the Hyperspace system is in the rear, and to the sides, while the Wing modules houses the shield projectors and generators, along with two torpedo tubes and two more cannons; the forward half of the command pod has three seats total, one in the front for pilot, and two behind for passengers, the two seats can be replaced with a bunk, and a smaller seat for a co pilot for a long distance/long mission in which the pilots rotate on shifts while on scouting missions. The foils are similar to those of the TIE-Ln but can fold down for landing, or for normal flying, they open up in combat, or when the systems are overheating.

And here is a TIE custom, with a hyperspace system, new cooling nacelles and folding panels for landing/cooling system, the name is TIE-HVG, As in Hyperspace Variable Geometry.

A custom starfighter, twin hulled, like that of a P-38 Lighting. It has 6 light cannons in the nose of the cockpit pod, and 2 heavy cannons on the hulls, along with torpedo launchers, and A-wing styled thrust vectoring rings and fins.

another custom twin hulled starfighter, but with 4 medium cannons and two heavy cannons on the hulls, while the cockpit pod have a pair of light blasters, and you can see an R-unit in the back of the cockpit pod. Also has two torpedo launchers.

A rather ugly Pirate starfighter, based on a TIE ball with ARC 170 engine/foil units, and a custom center pod housing the hyperdrive and power generators and R2 unit.

THis is another pirate starfighter, using an early Clone Wars Y-wing front hull with AC 170 engine pods, I added TIE-ln radiator panels to the pods, and gave it another two heavy cannons on the center hull system.

This is an Incom/Corellian collaboration of a small combat shuttle, using Corellian styled front cockpit/pod hull, and three Incom engines, similar to that of the ARC-170 but much larger, the wing panels are shield projectors much like that of the Imperial shuttle, and the lower two can fold up for landing. In the central hull, there are seating for 12 passengers, while the cockpit houses 4 like the Corellian freighters. in the middle is a boarding ramp between the lower two engines, and in the far rear is an airlock for ship to ship docking. the hyperspace systems are in the top of the central hull, with equipment ringing the hull, there are also two cannons and two torpedo launchers on the front of the hull surrounding the cockpit section.

This is a Star Trek universe custom ship, it is based in layout to the Oberth/Grissom class small ship, but with a revised saucer and a Miranda/Reliant styled torpedo pod on the top instead of the bottom, the Saucer section has been revised so as to make more sense compared to the Oberth class in canon.