Author Topic: CamoDeafies' Sci-Fi drawings;  (Read 54491 times)

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
Re: CamoDeafies' Sci-Fi drawings;
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 08:27:43 AM »
thank you for the FP! :) if  I can find enough fodder material; I would definitely try to build it..will be trying to make it a painting or a large scale rendering in color.... :)

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 05:12:58 PM »
You know I got an extra pair of feet like the ones on my walker and a old tie fighter and atst....won't be exact as the drawing but not many concept sketches are exact to final product...
The Banshee pilot would be a great figure too
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:12:01 PM by krztfr »

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 10:25:21 AM »
Love your drawings, keep them coming. It is very inspiring for develop custom vehicles.

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 02:01:18 PM »
You know I got an extra pair of feet like the ones on my walker and a old tie fighter and atst....won't be exact as the drawing but not many concept sketches are exact to final product...

I think the AT-PT or the Clone Recon pod walker would be a good donor for the legs and possibly the engine/drive unit....

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 02:20:52 PM »

I think the AT-PT or the Clone Recon pod walker would be a good donor for the legs and possibly the engine/drive unit....

Scratchbuilding the body might be the best bet

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 02:00:49 PM »
well actually the Hasbro Clone Trooper tripod AT-AP has the two legs that would work excellently for the TIE -Walker concept...just need the TIE ball to be modified, and the body be custom made from sheet styrene panels....and greeblified...

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »
Could you add a person next to the walker for an idea about the size?

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 04:05:42 PM »
Could you add a person next to the walker for an idea about the size?

no access to a scanner for the time being; (was using parents' lol)

so I took my camera out and tried to take pics.... well I think a scanner would be far better.

here are the drawings I've done so far since the TIE Walker!
another view of the TIE Walker in color; with a pen sketch of pilot next to the whole scene;

a series of sketches for what I am considering doing to my Y wing toy that would've cost me too much to restore, what with it needing 17 parts..
pen sketches and pencil sketches of the original idea; a truncated diamond wing form kind of like the Eta-2, and kind of like the RL F-22 Raptor;

a concept of longer hulled, two-man, no turret, fighters, a friend of mine came up with the name, Kidon, which means Spear in Hebrew.. like the Aleph used in the EU; this idea is going to be built in sheet plastic, totally scratch built and scaled to fit two figures;

an earlier color sketch of a 1-man Kidon type fighter with Y-wing front hull and turret left intact; I might do this one to the Y wing toy I have...

the pilot sketches for the Kidon fighters; based on the Robotix Figure I have, and based on the Banshee drawing's helmet; as well as two alternatives;

three color options for the Kidon pilot;

another set of 3 color options for the same pilot; with line drawings of how the helmet should look;I think I can use the Clone Pilot (ROTS) helmet and do some modifications to it using sheet plastic (small) and possibly putty and sculpt the lines/detailing on it...

and then here's a pair of Uglies/prototypes... basically ARC-170 center hull and X-wing S-foils and engines... could be "Ugly", could be Incom's XT-65A development Mule for the T-65 X-wing's engine/S-foils system using an old ARC-170 center hull; there are 3 crew, but instead of two gunners, the center position is taken by one of Incom's engineers for evaluation of the engine/S-foil system and the Class 1 Hyperdrive that will be used in the production T-65 X -Wings; for the reference for the center hull, I used the Making of Revenge of the Sith book; sharp eyed guys will notice that the engines are farther apart from the central hull; this is due to the ARC-170's wider center hull and the need to have the opening mechanism separate from the cockpit area; in the production X-wing, the center and rear positions are eliminated; thus allowing for a slimmer hull and lighter fighter overall;

with S-foils open and in attack position; you can see the warhead launcher between the lower engines and the hull;

with S-foils closed;

EDIT: I totally forgot three other sketches of a tattoo Idea I plan on having done on me...
Tattoo Idea #1; front view; font would be like in #3;

Tattoo Idea #2; same front view; different details and simpler; maybe not that much simpler due to the checkers lol

Tattoo Idea #3; 3/4 view, might be more recognizable as a Star Wars Rebel pilot helmet... not sure if I want the green/black checkers, or if I want the blue Alliance symbol like on #1..

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:20:38 PM by CamoDeafie »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013, 04:03:46 AM »
I really hope to see that TIE Walker get made one day. Back to the front page with that update. Great idea of the S Foils on the X-Wing.

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2013, 09:12:56 AM »
I really hope to see that TIE Walker get made one day. Back to the front page with that update. Great idea of the S Foils on the X-Wing.

Working on it but don't hold your breath it will take along time but this pic is alot of help thanks jus trying to figure out how to get a figure in the cockpit if the turning mechanism is were the doors are on my tie fighter.

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013, 02:52:05 PM »

Working on it but don't hold your breath it will take along time but this pic is alot of help thanks jus trying to figure out how to get a figure in the cockpit if the turning mechanism is were the doors are on my tie fighter.

couldn't you modify it so that the viewport opens out? at least that is how I envision it....

and Tamer; thanks!
the Kidon and its pilot will be turned into custom vehicles when I get the materials; and then possibly the ARC-170/X-wing ugly if the Revell snap models are the same scale to each other...

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2013, 05:48:33 PM »
Really loving the vehicle designs! So many cool ones it is hard to pick a favorite. The walking eyeball and the Ugly are at the top of the list though.

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2013, 09:37:26 PM »

couldn't you modify it so that the viewport opens out? at least that is how I envision it....

and Tamer; thanks!
the Kidon and its pilot will be turned into custom vehicles when I get the materials; and then possibly the ARC-170/X-wing ugly if the Revell snap models are the same scale to each other...

I was thinking with your design the tie ball would of opened from the back...however if using the hasbro toy it plossible for what you want but difficult imo I might attach the turning mechanism to the back "handle" on the toy and leave the doors on the top...but thats what I would do

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2013, 06:31:10 PM »
Cool!

Do you have a Deviantart account? Would be excellent follow your work there too.

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2013, 12:28:06 PM »
Cool!

Do you have a Deviantart account? Would be excellent follow your work there too.

Yes I do; it is http://camodeafie82.deviantart.com/gallery with a lot of NSFW stuff there...

Krztfr; here's what I was thinking for the TIE ball..... could you make it so that there is a hatch on top of the body for the figure to "climb" down into the ball through the top while maintaining the turning area on there? kind of like a tank turret.... with rings and support system.... originally I had in mind a resin cast of the Hasbro TIE ball that could be modified/ sculpted to adjust for a pylon-less ball and provide a way to make the front viewport a hatch...