Author Topic: CamoDeafies' Sci-Fi drawings;  (Read 54512 times)

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
CamoDeafies' Sci-Fi drawings;
« on: May 06, 2013, 11:17:50 PM »
my drawings of various Sci Fi related fighters/vehicles; I have more at http://camodeafie82.deviantart.com/gallery/ amid all the figures/landscapes... as well as copies of the below in the galleries...these were drawn mostly from 2001-2008ish; and I had not seen the ARC-170 before I drew a couple very similar hull shapes but clearly different from the ARC-170 finals....and a few of those are in fact ideas I am willing to let modelmakers use for custom builds; considering they;re mostly based on existing vehicles..

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: CamoDeafies' Sci-Fi drawings;
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:50:36 AM »
Wow, these are all great! Time to take one of them to the front page. Welcome once again to ISY.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 02:59:50 AM »
Look cool to me. Are you using watercolor with some of these or is it felt tip pen?

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 08:41:56 AM »
Look cool to me. Are you using watercolor with some of these or is it felt tip pen?

some of the older ones were done with water soluble markers; but most of them were done wit primsacolor permanent markers and Sakura Micron pens

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 04:31:55 PM »
Terriffic work CamoDeafie, I love the fighter designs, very unique, yet very Star Wars.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 11:16:09 PM »
Neat stuff!

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 12:57:32 AM »
updating; some more sketches... I need to work on my scanner's resolution/settings...
Y ugly top view; basically it's a couple over powered engines crammed into a much smaller hull with the wings being part of the same armor plating as the cockpit area; in theory, its' based on half a Y wing...with A-wing style engine layout

this uses the front half of the B-wing cockpit pod; and a custom built rear half with small engines and small wings with laser cannons

two different designs;

three designs of mutts/uglies; top two basically uses B-wing cockpit pods; with X wing style engines; bottom one uses a completely different form; somewhat a mix of the Delta-7 and the Eta-2; but without the S-foil panels

EDIT: I forgot about a figure study that I apparently did....a female Mandalorian....
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:01:31 AM by CamoDeafie »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 02:28:11 AM »
Very nice again. Like the figure rendering. Has an anime feel to it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 02:47:55 AM »
Wow, I like it all. Had a heck of a time figuring out which one to use on the front page update.

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 03:50:43 PM »
Tamer; I had a burst of inspiration; and thought of you...  [at1] [at1] [at1] [at1]

gentlemen and Tamer; I present you.... Sienar Fleet Systems and Kuat Drive Yards' collaboration, on a replacement Walker for the flaws of the AT-ST due to Battle of Endor; the "TIE Walker"; it has a Sienar Fleet Systems cockpit ball, very similar to the TIE line; with the side armament of the AT-ST, and the twin blaster cannons of the TIE; the ability to rotate almost 360 degrees, depending on the legs; and the bipedal system very similar to the AT-PT, but with larger feet similar to the AT-AT, and 4 claws per foot pad in order to grip on very rough surfaces

next up; some pirates found the remains of wrecked X-wing and TIE Bomber; the X-wings' engine and S-foils and power systems, along with they Hyperdrive, were in great shape, but the cockpit and the forward fuselage were damaged beyond recognition; whereas the TIE bomber's cockpit pod was in great shape; along with the computer control system, so they decided to merge the two with the help of several spacer fabricators and mechanics...and outfitted the resulting Ugly with a pair of missile launchers on the cut pylons, and managed to make it sturdy enough as an assault vehicle in the pirates small armada; with the speed of the X-wing and the firepower of the X-wing and missile launchers; this TIE-XB is a terror of the merchant shipping lanes..

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 03:59:42 PM »
That Walker is for the win! Thank you. Lovely idea on the rotating cockpit. This would make an awesome custom vehicle thats for sure.

That needs to be in a frame!

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 04:36:47 PM »
That Walker is for the win! Thank you. Lovely idea on the rotating cockpit. This would make an awesome custom vehicle thats for sure.

That needs to be in a frame!
I'm sure it needs be made into a custom vehicle!
the "TIE Tank"/Crawler...doesn't make sense to me.... a walker made more sense esp due to the ability to actually have a rotating firing platform like a turret :D  0//

Offline Wreckage

• Ensign
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 04:42:43 PM »
These make me want to build ships.

Offline CamoDeafie

• Ensign
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 04:51:11 PM »
These make me want to build ships.

DO IT  0///// EL

:D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 04:54:18 AM »
I'm sure it needs be made into a custom vehicle!

Frame it and make a custom vehicle. I would sure love to have both in my own collection. I know Spry has made some of the concept uglies, wonder what he would do with this one?

Back on the front page.