Author Topic: Mayhem Customs' Desolation Contest  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Mayhem Customs' Desolation Contest
« on: May 01, 2013, 03:01:05 AM »
Talk about a great month to be a customizer; Tankster just sent me word about a great Desolation Contest he is doing with a group called Mayhem Customs from OG13.

It's civil war time in the world of Desolation and we need you to get involved. We will run two simultaneous contests for one month, starting now. It doesn't matter if you're a customizer, writer, or artist; there's a way for you to win. If you want to do some digging to get some history on Desolation you can use Tankster's thread here on OG13 or check out his Facebook page devoted to this theme! Red vs. Blue, the Vermillions against the Azurians!

Now it's time for you to take your spot in customizing history! This contest has the largest amount of customs and prizes that I know of! Over 20 prizes alone for first place in the custom contest, between the customs and the prizes!

For the custom contest, you will need to create a custom figure from either the Vermillion or Azurian side. You can add backgrounds, animals, or vehicles for this but we will be judging you on your figure alone. You'll have until May 17th to complete this, I will post your customs with your name in a separate thread in the meantime. We (Mayhem Customs members only) will be voting on your custom once the contest ends. We will post the winners on May 22nd.

For the writing and art contest, your work must consist of the Desolation Civil War theme.
You will be required to either:
*Write a short story of 500 words or more about this theme.
*Draw, paint, or design a 8x10 or larger sketch of a character, location, or vehicle that pertains to this theme.
*Make a comic illustration with dialogue of this theme.
You will have until May 17th to complete this, I will post your art/writing in a separate thread in the meantime. We (Mayhem Customs members only) will be voting on your work once the contest ends. We will post the winners on May 22nd.

Post #2 will consist of the first place prize package for the custom contest.
Post #3 will consist of the second place prize package for the custom contest.
Post #4 will consist of the third place prize package for the custom contest.
Post #5 will consist of the prize packages for the art/writing contest.

That gives you just a little over two weeks to get cracking. I am also gonna assume Daniel (Tankster) will field any questions we might have about this contest. Cool stuff.

Offline Tankster

• Commander
Re: Mayhem Customs' Desolation Contest
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 05:45:14 PM »
anybody wanting to enter will have to enter on OG13.com  and in the official thread good luck all
https://www.og13.com/forums/showthread.php?6800-Mayhem-Custom-s-Desolation-Contest

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 05:45:08 PM »
I have a Desolation WIP figure so I want to try to get in on the fun!

Offline Tankster

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 05:14:54 PM »
bump for just one week left!!!!!!!