Author Topic: SSC 12" Clone Commander Fox SDCC Exclusive Review (updated 04/16/13  (Read 9505 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
a full review will be coming...
but here are some pics to tide you guys over

and of course the exclusive SDCC base
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:00:44 PM by wraithnine »
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: SSC 12" Clone Commander Fox SDCC Exclusive
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 04:23:03 PM »
Jay, you beat me to it, I got mine Sat but didnt get home till yesterday to claim it.
I wonder if you bought yours from the same seller. I got mine in a week from Chiina.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 04:21:26 AM »
Ok, time to get this puppy posted to the front page. Looking forward to hearing what both of you think about this offering.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 12:59:50 PM »
ok here we go..
Hi Wraithnine here with his very first(and hopefully not his last) SideShow Collectibles review .
now i have always wanted a SS clone so when i was looking on Forbidden Planets site and found a SDCC Exclusive Clone Cmdr Fox ON SALE!!!!!! its SideShow and its Clone Wars and its an exclusive! i was practically foaming at the mouth !,but as some of those who know me know things have not been to great from me the last couple of years health wise and especially on the financial side and because we were in the crap so to speak money wise i had promised not to purchase any more Star Wars stuff (outside of fodder that is) until things were better ,well i had just been paid for some commissions and actually had just enough to pay for the figure ,but of course a promise is a promise so i had resigned myself to transferring it into the bank to help things.
well you could have knocked me down with a feather when my lovely wife turns to me and says that she knows i have really been wanting one of these and that i had enough from commissions to pay for it ,then she tells me i can have this one as i have had such a rough ride and have worked hard and had sacrificed some of my favorite pieces to raise money for us (by this time i was already on the fone ordering it ) lol and because i live 10 mins away from their main warehouse i picked it up the next day ,suffice to say i am a very very happy man . so thanks to my lovely wife Tracey i am now a Sideshow owner.

right enough waffle on the the review ,

the packaging is superb, it has info on the box and images of Cmdr Fox and is a sort of gatefold affair has a flap which attaches with magnets top and bottom ,very nice

on the left you have the weapons and multiple hands and an extra pair of feet ,whilst on the right you have the figure ,stand and an extra pair of hands.
in the middle of this is a bio of Cmdr Fox .
He stands approximatley 12" tall the base body has about 30 ish points of articulation under fantastically detailed armour he wears a textured bodysuit which feels very well made .

as i said the armour is superbly detailed and well..dont take my word for it here are some pics .

the helmet detail include the small lamp and antenna on the helmet

as i said he came with multiple hands ...13 of them!
now i thought the hands would be a stiff plastic but they are made from high density flexible rubber while the armour is tough plastic : and all of them have their own ball joints ..

a pair of fists

the "up yours" hand (as i like to call it)

right hand pointing

left hand 2 finger pointing

a two handed thumbs up

2 hands partially open

two hands flat

a pair of action feet

each of these pieces has the same high level of detail as the main piece.

Now the weapons ,which are fantastically detailed
Cmdr Fox comes with 2 DC-17s pistols (which fit snugly in their holsters)
DC-15s Carbine
DC-15 n Rifle

DC-17 pistols

DC-15s(which has a fold away stock!!)

DC-15n

the kama is very well made and fits perfectly the holsters are on straps and are fixed through the kama.

the stand  is the usual affair from side show except due to this being an exclusive it has the coruscan guard colours and Fox's details on it
it is adjustable and can be fitted either under the shoulders or most commonly under the groin.

all the details are on his belt pouches and thermal detonator tube .

all in all this is an astonishing piece and now i am totally hooked ,maybe one day i will add another clone to my ranks i can but dream.............

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: SSC 12" Clone Commander Fox SDCC Exclusive Review (updated 04/16/13
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 02:43:20 PM »
Spot in review, Jay. The pics are certainly superb. You are clicking in on the little details that I like.
This is a fantastic figure, certainly worth the price of admission and worth proudly displaying.
I got the same version as you and am just as happy with it. Strange coincidence that my wife pulled the trigger on the purchase if mine to celebrate our first anneversary.
I may add to this thread with more pics. Perhaps we can have a competition to see who can come up with the coolest pose.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 04:38:23 PM »
OK, here is my first pose. one regular foot and one action foot. one trigger hand and one open hand.
Next to my NEYO

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 03:13:22 AM »
Awesome review Jay and on the front page.

I have seen you do a ton of hasbro reviews over the years and eagerly waited to see you review this. I was not disappointed.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 03:19:42 AM »
heres a couple of poses Clint with no parts changed and no weapons added or taken away

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 04:35:18 AM »
Jay these pics look so awesome with that and the ISY Background. Sithlord229 does fantastic graphic work.

What a great review and offering from Sideshow. Almost makes me want to collect them all.

Offline PadawanPainter

• Lieutenant
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 05:51:21 PM »
Seeing all these Sideshows....I think I'm going to wait and get Wolffe for my little grey cublicle of fun (work).