Author Topic: Re: A little something for the 40th pg 33 from mr.jedi1977  (Read 75008 times)

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Custom Merc sunlet with a real cool story . 12/28/14
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2014, 10:42:58 AM »
Hello everyone happy belated holidays ! I left this post on its own and not with my regular post because i felt this should be on its own. I want to share with you all a real cool story and for me a big deal. I was on one of the other custom sites and i noticed a post saying "please help my father Ted (merc sunlet) western so i opened the post. The post was from the actors son asking for help to get a custom figure of the character in time for Christmas.
 I saw a few posts and people directing him to already custom made figures of merc. but nobody was biting to make the figure.  I got to chatting with this guy and long story short he wanted me to make the figure.. Well I also offered lol . He also stated the his father worked on star wars,  i believe with moving and working on equipment. He shared a story that George Lucas was looking for people to fill in and told Ted and a few others to put on a costume for the cantina and which i found out he was also in the yavin ceremony scene as a a Rebel officer right next to C3P0 i even checked the film and verified it.
 So i wanted to see if the guy was legit and asked him to provide photos of how his father looked back then , and not only did he provide merc pictures which we all have seen but private photos of his father as well. those photos i will not post. So i went through what and how i sell my work . Now since this was a unique situation for me i worked out something where  i got an autograph from him as well . I made the figure and had to have it shipped to the UK , in return not only did i get the autograph but a copy of the call sheet for that day of the filming of the cantina which i thought was cool and a picture of Mr . western holding my figure which i would like to share with you . The figure i made came out better than my custom  of merc which i am now in the process of redoing my figure. lol   Enjoy everybody !

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
  • Drawing Star Wars comics since 1986!
Re: Custom Merc sunlet with a real cool story . 12/28/14
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2014, 03:52:23 PM »
Thank you mr.jedi1977. I saw his post over at Rebelscum and really REALLY wished I knew how to customize easily. I'm glad he made contact with someone here to get this done for him. The story is awesome and bringing happiness to one of the OT cast/crew is something I'm glad to see get done.

Offline darthstreams

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Streams Customs
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2014, 07:32:09 AM »
Looks great Artie! That call sheet is really cool. Interesting to see what they referred to the bckground characters as. Where was "Flash Gordon"?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2014, 01:53:54 PM »
I will let this story speak for itself on the front page. Very cool Artie!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2014, 02:34:50 PM »
Thank you mr.jedi1977. I saw his post over at Rebelscum and really REALLY wished I knew how to customize easily. I'm glad he made contact with someone here to get this done for him. The story is awesome and bringing happiness to one of the OT cast/crew is something I'm glad to see get done.

Thank you Rezikai for your comment ! It was an honor to have a custom done and now in the hands of a cast member from the movie !
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 02:39:21 PM by mr.Jedi1977 »

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2014, 02:38:35 PM »
Looks great Artie! That call sheet is really cool. Interesting to see what they referred to the bckground characters as. Where was "Flash Gordon"

Thanks Darthstreams i agree with you about  how these back round stand ins were referred to and how they evolved. The flash gordon character you referred to is Rycar Ryjerd and is seen at the bar !

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2014, 02:40:24 PM »
I will let this story speak for itself on the front page. Very cool Artie!

Thank you Tamer for the front page ! I cant say enough how cool this was for me !

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2014, 06:37:22 AM »
WOW! Awesome story! Great looking figure and what a score on a new friend and that call sheet! Well done my friend!

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2014, 01:00:37 PM »
I just pinned those call sheets.  Great trivia.  I also wonder who Flash Gordon is.

Really cool. Bravo Mr Jedi 1977.  This is a great story.

I wish i had seen that commission.  I'd be up to making a custom for one of the unrecognized background Star Wars characters.  I'm sure there are plenty of them who would be thrilled to get one (excluding one of the Tonnika Sisters/Space Girls).  Cantina Denizens, Ewoks,  Jabba's Palace Denizens.

How would we be able contact other actors?  Maybe Mr. Western has kept contact with others.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:42:24 PM by Sjefke »

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2014, 02:28:58 PM »
WOW! Awesome story! Great looking figure and what a score on a new friend and that call sheet! Well done my friend!

Thanks a bunch spry ! I have too say i myself am really digging the call sheet !

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2014, 02:42:10 PM »
I just pinned those call sheets.  Great trivia.  I also wonder who Flash Gordon is.

Really cool. Bravo Mr Jedi 1977.  This is a great story.

I wish i had seen that commission.  I'd be up to making a custom for one of the unrecognized background Star Wars characters.  I'm sure there are plenty of them who would be thrilled to get one (excluding one of the Tonnika Sisters/Space Girls).  Cantina Denizens, Ewoks,  Jabba's Palace Denizens.

How would we be able contact other actors?  Maybe Mr. Western has kept contact with others.

Sjefke thank you so much for the comments ! It was just by chance myself i saw this post, and i don't think it was up for very long since most of my conversations were offsite with Mr. Westerns son. As i said nobody was jumping at this so i offered . I do agree that there are still many other actors that were uncredited for their roles that would love to have a custom . Maybe i will work up to asking him lol  .... As far as  the Flash Gordon  character goes he was officially given a name by the dechipher card game back in 96  which he is now known as Rycar Ryjerd as seen here from one of my carded customs
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:44:39 PM by mr.Jedi1977 »

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Re: mr.jedi1977's big update , 4/6/15 starts on pg 8
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2015, 07:09:03 PM »
Hello all . Back  again with a rather big update. So big that i will be posting groups of customs over the next few days there's a good mix of ANH to ROTJ . some customs are upgrades to customs i have done before but more accurate with the use of more leather and soft goods. Plus some very minor blink and you miss them back round characters . This is batch 1  the good stuff is on the way enjoy !

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2015, 03:16:07 AM »
Liking what I see so far. Off to share.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2015, 07:12:15 AM »
You did the Unidentified Man in Red  :o from the group photo in Jabba's palace.  Barade too!   Both are on my To Do list and you did them exactly as I imagined.
Nice work on all these OTCs.
Youve motivated me to get back to the drawing board.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:15:06 AM by Sjefke »

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2015, 10:16:57 AM »
So many inspiring customs here! It makes me want to stop time so I can join in the fun. Djas is a real standout and I'm surprised how good the older Owen head looks transplanted on to the newer body.

I really enjoyed reading about the Merc figure too (somehow I missed it when it was first shared.)
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi