Author Topic: Re: A little something for the 40th pg 33 from mr.jedi1977  (Read 74996 times)

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Re: A little something for the 40th pg 33 from mr.jedi1977
« on: April 14, 2013, 09:47:44 AM »
Hello Gang !!!! IM Back !! Life has been crazy I just got settled in my new apartment...Ect. so right to it. In my ongoing cantina project i have even started to  card my figures thanks to my buddy DarthStreams for his excellent card work. ok  we have in this update Rycar Ryjerd, i tried not to make him look like scotty but you all decide. lol Then we got tzzivzzt or however you spell it . Then we move on to Breconner bakiska aka(fu manchu) and finally Swilla corey ... Nuff said  enjoy the pictures and i look forward to you're feedback... Back soon

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 03:14:45 PM by mr.Jedi1977 »

Offline darthstreams

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Streams Customs
Re: My new cantina project update 4/14/2013
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 06:17:28 PM »
All your customs look great Art. Your customizing preferences sort of make me want to start doing the cantina background characters. They look good on the cards! Can't wait to see the rest of your custom cantina line. Did you sculpt the barfly head? 

Offline darthstreams

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Streams Customs
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 06:19:11 PM »
Also what kind of double sided tape do you use to mount the bubble? I took your advice and started using it on my bubbles.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 05:49:38 AM »
Also what kind of double sided tape do you use to mount the bubble? I took your advice and started using it on my bubbles.

Thank you for the comments  to answer both questions yes i sculpted the tzzvzzit head from  the Wioslea figure. I did alot  of sanding,  smoothing then when i got the eyes the way i wanted i drilled the lines on the eyes to give it the final effect.  then the antenna on the head is all super sculpey. Now the tape is scotch permanent double sided tape which you can find pretty much anywhere.... Art

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 05:52:15 AM »
Loving this update! So many great figures! I am a huge Cantina Aliens fan and you are doing a great job with these figures. Very nice looking Rycar Jerard, what head did you use for him? Loving Tivitz, very nice sculpt work! Bracconer looks great as well, though he will always be Fu Man Chu to me. I was in the room at C6 when this character got his name. Swilla is awesome! Very nice sculpt work on her hair. What an awesome update!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 06:01:56 AM »
Loving this update! So many great figures! I am a huge Cantina Aliens fan and you are doing a great job with these figures. Very nice looking Rycar Jerard, what head did you use for him? Loving Tivitz, very nice sculpt work! Bracconer looks great as well, though he will always be Fu Man Chu to me. I was in the room at C6 when this character got his name. Swilla is awesome! Very nice sculpt work on her hair. What an awesome update!

Thank you as always Spry!!!! Yes i agree braconner will always be fu man chu lol ! For rycar i used an obi  wan kenobi head from the power of the jedi line did some sculpy to the hair and to the cheeks to puff them out a bit . Swilla was a challenge i did that hair over 3 times till it was right . the only drawback is the figures head has no mobility which i am really ok with . All the best ...Art

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 03:16:34 AM »
Very nice. Your update is on the front page.

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 08:59:15 AM »
Wow these three look great!  That "Fly" head is the best i've seen in years, and Fu-Manchu is great as well!

Funny you mention how "Little Flash Gordon" looks like Scotty... I've had him on my own customs "to do" list, been trying to hunt down a cheap Mego Scotty figure just for his head for ages!

Great work!

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 10:03:33 PM »
very nice cantina characters and they look amazing carded... This is what hasbro should be offering us..

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 07:12:14 AM »
Wow these three look great!  That "Fly" head is the best i've seen in years, and Fu-Manchu is great as well!

Funny you mention how "Little Flash Gordon" looks like Scotty... I've had him on my own customs "to do" list, been trying to hunt down a cheap Mego Scotty figure just for his head for ages!

Great work!

Thank you for the comments i was thinking the samething about a mego scotty head but i saw a picture of  the head, it  was too small for the figure i was using not to mention i wasnt to fond of the head after looking at the picture of it as well

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 07:16:31 AM »
very nice cantina characters and they look amazing carded... This is what hasbro should be offering us..

dr0d26  i could'nt agree with you more !!! I hope someone from hasbro checks  out this site on a daily basis and sees what the collectors really want and how they are really blowing it!!!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Another Cantina update by Mr.jedi1977 big update
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 07:27:02 AM »
 Hi everyone just a quick update today but got some goodie's im working on that will be up in the coming weeks .  Today we have merc sunlet , two versions of jenny i made aversion with pants and a version with a skirt since she is seen in the rough draft in the cantina with a skirt on . Anyway i have redone two figures one was of danz borin i was never satisfied with my original version , and the other is of bo shek with articulation in the backround you can see Darthstreams custom card backs who again i want to thank for helping me out with my project  enjoy .... Back soon

Offline TakeshiInhaba

• Ensign
Re: Mr.jedi1977 Update 5/20/2013
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 02:31:08 PM »
Nice looking figures you have. :)
"Arent you a little short for a stormtrooper?"
"Shut up!"

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 06:40:28 PM »
Nice stuff! That Bo Sheck is one I want to update too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 02:59:54 AM »
Wow, your update looks awesome. Ah we need those Cantina characters release so bad. Love to see the collaboration with Darth Streams too. That guy knows how to do wonderful cards and customs too. On the front page.