Author Topic: Re: A little something for the 40th pg 33 from mr.jedi1977  (Read 75265 times)

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Re: Mr.jedi1977 Update 5/20/2013
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 05:05:22 AM »
Thanks again for the kind words and the fp tamer. Yes we need more if not most
Of the patrons, but until hasbro wakes up and figures out how to get things right
I don't mind  like the rest of us taking on the challenge. Yes darth streams has been great to help me with
My project the figures look awesome carded.  I still have a dozen or more to go before
I am satisfied with my cantina patrons. But I am  gonna do a group shot  of what I have done so far on
My project . Anyway thank again to you all for the kind words. Back soon

Offline darthstreams

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Streams Customs
Re: Mr.jedi1977 Update 5/20/2013
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 07:49:06 AM »
Hey Art, your customs are looking very cool! It has been my pleasure working with you.  0/

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Another Cantina update by Mr.jedi1977 big update
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 08:23:44 AM »
Hi Gang !! Well its good to be back ! Personal things have got in the way recently that i had to keep my focus there and was not able to focus on my customs !! But slowly getting back on track.
I have had some of my next batch done a while ago and some i just did recently which are wips . I wanted to get them on here . now before i do i want to again thank Darthstreams for his continued excellent work for helping me with my cards. But a special thanks to I-am-Boba -Fett for helping me with two head casts (mossep, and Tawss Khaa) . so  at this point i am on a count down till i believe i have a complete set of cantina patrons about 12-13 more . To me i still feel imo that it is one of the best scenes in Star wars . I grew up thinking thats (the aliens) what hung out at the local bars  lol I am planning a huge group shot very soon of what i have completed on the cantina patrons Hasbro wont make . Ok heres the next batch  Saitor Kal Fas, Garouf Lafoe,the rodian who was next to jenny i believe the name was Thaku nothing big on that one,  And even though she wasn't in the cantina Brindy Truchong Enjoy  Back soon

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Another Cantina update by Mr.jedi1977 big update
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 12:24:24 PM »
Hey welcome back, time to get some of this on the front page and on our facebook page.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 04:48:10 PM »
Those are some cool looking custom cantina figures. Great job man! Really diggin' on that Brindy Truchong figure. There are so few female characters in Star Wars that actually get made into figure form. That is one I have not made yet. You beat me to the punch and it looks awesome!!! May need to borrow your recipe for her  ;D

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 07:31:35 PM »
Hey Tamer its good to be back.  thanks for the front page! I-am-Boba-Fett  thank you for the compliments! Brindy is actually a swilla corey body with a Dr Irena Spalko head from Indiana Jones kotcs with some sculpy to extend her hair . nothing big on that figure either

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 07:43:19 PM »
Great customs. I agree the cantina is a great scene that, to me, really hammers home the point that we aren't in "Kansas" anymore and the way it's executed is brilliant as we view the scene through Luke and are just as taken back by it as he is which helps us to identify with him even more. Also man have you picked up on some obscure characters that I wasn’t even aware of like Brindy Truchong and the other lady in red (name?).
On that note I do have a few more direct comments and a couple of questions; I love that Merc Sunlet: What head is that because I’d like to utilize it when I make my own? It looks like either Jaster Mereel or another figure I can’t place right now. I am also digging the blue highlights on Saitorr Kal Fas and the Fly guy is amazing as well. With fly guy what parts did you use and did you sculpt the head? Anyway great work!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 08:15:03 PM »
thanks for the kind words Rogue Jedi . OK to answer your questions the other woman figure i did is jenny . She was Han solos girlfriend in the deleted scene but can be see very quickly in the regular version sitting with a radian. The head on Merc Sunlet is a Generial Reikan with hair i sculpted and dry brushed whiskers on the face. For Tizzivzzt (the fly) that is a wiosley head sanded down and shaped. the nose piece is sculpted with actual brush bristles individually glued into place . That was a pain the body was from a rebel tech. figure and the hands and feet from the wiosley figure . Hope that helps you out  kind regards
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 08:18:30 PM by mr.Jedi1977 »

Offline darthstreams

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Streams Customs
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2013, 06:35:20 AM »
Hey Art, great to see you've had some time to work on your customs, can't wait to see the rest! When you said 'Brindy is actually a swilla corey body' what body is that
? Did hasbro make swilla Corey, I thought she was only custom made.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2013, 09:15:42 AM »
Good heavens I did say that didn't i lol the body for brindy is the cannie figure from the two pack with fixer
Sorry bout that !!! Lil

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Mr.jedi1977 Big cantina Update 10/14/2013
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 08:49:51 PM »
Hi Everyone !! its time for Another and a rather big update !  Thank you to everybody for the continued views and great comments !! i can now say that this project is starting to finally wind down lol ! then its off to other characters and updates from all three  original movies !!! I will let this one speak for itself  i hope you all enjoy  this one  !!! i had alot of fun doing these ...until next time   

Offline darthstreams

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Streams Customs
Re: Mr.jedi1977 Big cantina Update 10/14/2013
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 09:30:18 PM »
Cool work, Art!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 04:48:07 AM »
Cool work, Art

Thanks  man !  Look for a big custom card order lol

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2013, 10:32:37 AM »
Well i figured while i was in the zone i was able to do three more customs , this time droids. i will simply call this one "Hasbro these are the droids we collectors are looking for"  starting with what i think would be an awesome three pack exclusive. we have R2-A5  the bantha droid  wed-9-m1 and the lars power droid back soon!!!!

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2013, 12:03:08 PM »
Great work on all those cantina custom figures you created! The droids you knocked out are Awesome! Great job man!