Author Topic: ST.J's Customs - Black Panther - Marvel Cinematic - 4 Inch - Pge 10 11/09/2014  (Read 36313 times)

Offline STJuggernaut

• Ensign
Hi guys,

this is my first custom post over here on the shipyard. i know this isnt star wars, but its still alien and features luke skywalker in thge pics ;)

"The Last Engineer"

WIP (different head. Slightly too large)

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:08:53 PM by STJuggernaut »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Prometheus - "The Last Engineer" 4 Inch Custom by STJ
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 02:55:20 AM »
Wow, was the entire figure hand sculpted? Looks awesome.

Your first custom post is now on our front page and welcome to ISY.

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 03:13:20 AM »
Excellent! Im guessing theres a figure under there somewhere for the articulation, but as Tamer says great sculpting work!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 05:06:26 AM »
Pretty cool!  I'm a fan of all things Alien/Prometheus, so this was neat to wake up to this morning.  

Have you sculpted long?  This is definitely an intricate design and one that came out looking very detailed.  The organic look of the Prometheus engineers could not have been any easy subject to tackle!

Congrats on a great piece and welcome to the Yards!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 06:58:23 AM »
Awesome figure and sculpt work. I like that you included Luke in 1 of the pic s as size reference. By the way Welcome to the Yards!!!!

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 08:35:25 AM »
Perfect sculpt! Great figure!

Offline Evilivo

• Cadet
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 08:52:38 AM »
Great sculpt! How long dod it take? And what figure did you use for a base? Or like Sithfire youi built a frame out of different figures?

Offline STJuggernaut

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys and also the fantastic comments.

Tamer thanks so much for putting that on the front page and also the great write up! much appreciated man and really makes me feel welcome to a great site.

I was told about this site by a veteran member Clonehead! so a massive thanks to him.

The custom! well, it took me about a week give or take to make, if i sculpt a little each night. sometimes i will do some sculpting on a fig then not touch it for a week or so, so it asll depends on how im feeling.

Jedimerc ive been sculpting for about a year and abit I think, in this medium anyway. not sure how long. i used to make animated figures like from justice league unlimited, but then moved into the 4 inch scale. i actually sculpted using blue tac when i first started lol. that was about 5 years ago now.

the base is a marvel universe gladiator, with the arms from the avengers movie comic line ultimate thor because they are bulkier (but unfortunately less articulated)

i made this custom about 3 months ago, had I made it now, i would have made sure to include more articulation such as ab crunch. ive been trying to get more articulation into my figures lately.

i extended the waist to add height, the head is from a halo human figure. sgt. something, cant remember his name. i use aves fixit sculpt, similar to what sith fire creations uses but obviously nowhere near to his level of sculpting, im a massive fan of his work and seeing his work actually inspired me to up my game when it came to sculpting about 6 months ago.

thanks alot for all your comments guys, im gonna put more customs in this thread soon.

Si.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 12:37:13 PM »
Glad to hear you are gonna share more with us.

Offline Tankster

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 03:15:57 PM »
I cant wait till they see the rest of your work! your are phenomenal sculptor!

Offline STJuggernaut

• Ensign
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »
Thanks guys!

heres some more...

Ive been working on this one a long time. I first put the body together about 5 months ago, maybe even longer. But I couldnt decide on a head to use for him...But it was only recently when I obtained This head which I thought looked like Thanos that I really got started on him. I had to do alot of sculpting on his chin and helmet but when I first saw it I knew it would be...

Thanos

Scale Reference

WIPS

Reference Pics

Head Used

Thanks for looking!

Let me know what you think and who I should make next from the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Next...

I made this Thor custom about a 2 and a half months ago, way before toy fair showed us the new Thor figures, i was actually pleasantly surprised by the quality of them, apart from Thor’s tiny arms, so I’m glad I opted for bigger arms here... some may say a little too big for the figure but I think he looks nice and powerful like he should.

I don’t know if Thor wears  a helmet or if he has bare arms in the new movie due out in November, but I have wanted a bare arms version of Thor with a cape ever since I saw him like it in Avengers. Well I didn’t get round to making a bare arms caped custom of him from that movie, so after seeing a set photo of Hemsworth's stunt man in the Thor outfit and bare arms, I decided to make a custom to match....

Thor Odinson

Alternate Un-helmeted head like in the set pics...

Next...

Just finished up Malekith tonight. I unfortunately didn’t have the Gi Joe SDCC Christopher Eccleston head to use, but I did use the standard Destro Eccleston head from Rise of Cobra and it still resembles him a little (although in the new movie he seems to have heavy prosthetics anyway)

Malekith The Accursed

Thor & Malekith

Brothers... Well... adoptive

Wips - Thor

Wips - Malekith

Reference Pics Used...

Time to go back to the realm eternal...

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:18:26 PM by STJuggernaut »

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
Just saw your Prometheus Engineer on the front page - wow.  I'm a fan of the movie, and certainly a fan of that custom - great work!

Offline Bubba Fett

• Lieutenant
Impressive sculpt. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Offline Darksider80

• Lieutenant
Absolutely amazing! Stunning! Fantastic! I love all the beautiful sculpt work, you sir are truly dedicated to the craft. Welcome to the yards and keep it rolling!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
I really dig the Marvel customs. Thanos looks awesome.