Author Topic: Need help with a custom project...  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Cmdr_Vulkus

• Cadet
Need help with a custom project...
« on: March 16, 2013, 04:06:37 PM »
I'm currently wanting to make a Baron Strucker. I'm using the Renegades CC as a base. Gonna use the Attack on Cobra Island Mindbender head minus the stache of course. Now the tricky thing is Struckers gauntlet. Its on his right arm so I need to find an arm that I can replace CCs right arm from the elbow socket down but still able to have the articulation. Any ideas? I've looked at a few IM figs but not sure so thought perhaps you all might could assist me in this endevour

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Need help with a custom project...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 05:40:25 PM »
You know what we don't have a dedicated area to just ask questions so I thought it was high time we did. Yours is the first posted!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 07:50:55 PM »
I still dont know what he looks like. any pics?

Offline Cmdr_Vulkus

• Cadet
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 10:49:43 AM »
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj199/Viking_Ranger/Thunderman/Baron_Strucker.png

That's roughly what Im after as far as what he looks like.

Here's Dr. Mindbinder
http://generalsjoes.com/2009/09/24/kick-ass-customs-of-the-week-slaughters_renegade/

he's at the bottom left corner. just gotta remove his stache

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 11:48:33 AM »
lets make these a little bigger, thanks to kickasscustoms for the shot of dr mindbender.

and im not sure where the stucker images came from but I really like that second one with the hydra creature on his jacket.

Offline Cmdr_Vulkus

• Cadet
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 04:20:54 PM »
Yeah he's the head honcho of Hydra. He does looks nice with that motif on his uniform. But as you can see from the photo, he has the mechanical/gauntlet thing on his right arm. I need to find something that will be suitable and work with the body Ive chosen. Mindbender is the closest head I could think of. Like I said, I'll have to remove the mustache and do some surface scarring but shouldn't be a problem to do, I hope

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 05:59:49 PM »
Not that I have much input into this, but I think an Absorbing Man head (Marvel action figure) would look perfect for this too without a mustache to take off.

As for the claw, other than using some reptile hand and splicing it on I thought perhaps either a Thanos infinity gauntlet might be good or perhaps the claw that Lion O comes with, but think for both its the wrong daggone hand. Think the Lion O claw is almost ambidextrous enough to go on either hand too.

Guess you could always go Freddy Krueger or TMNT Shredder for the claw too.

Offline Cmdr_Vulkus

• Cadet
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 11:48:49 AM »
I was thinking of using an Iron Man arm. Do they older IM figs mesh well with Joes?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 02:52:26 PM »
Spudafett would know the answer to that question. I would probably use a BAD or c3-po arm and just add greeblies to it. What about a retaliation roadblock head for your figure? No moustache removal required.

Offline Cmdr_Vulkus

• Cadet
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 05:53:55 PM »
I'll look in to that option for the Roadblock. Absorbing Man's head is too big to fit in the collar of the CC Im using. The only reason I chose Mindbender was because he already has the monocle where I need it to be. I have one on order so if I mess it up, I'll try the RB next. I've also been looking at my Dr. Rex head I have in my bits box as an alternative too. Thanks guys for the ideas, I appreciate it  ;D Hopefully I'll get to show off something. In the meantime, I'm currently working on a Batman using the Capt Britain from the CA line. Anyone know anything about custom decals by chance?

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 04:48:35 PM »
I might use a Cobra BAT arm...