Author Topic: Bubba Fett's Vintage Collection  (Read 4818 times)

Offline Bubba Fett

• Lieutenant
Bubba Fett's Vintage Collection
« on: March 12, 2013, 10:37:21 AM »
It took 35 years, but I have finally completed my original vintage Star Wars figure collection. I've dreamed of this since I was a kid...
Took the photos with cell so pics are not that good. I will ask Jessica to take different pics with her fancy camera...lol.

This shelf is ANH only along with Blue Snag, trash monster, some variants, and army builders...ya gotta have an army of Jawas, Sand People, and Stormtroopers!

This shelf is ESB, ROTJ, and POTF. The final fig was the EV-9D9...woohoo! And of course I have more variants and army builders.

This shelf contains my original Droids Cartoon R2 and C-3PO. They are framed by 4 1977 R2's that we custom painted and custom decaled.

Thanks for sharing this moment with me! Victory Dance!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:58:05 AM by Bubba Fett »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Bubba Fett's Vintage Collection
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 11:54:44 AM »
Oh Yeah, the pics with the fancy camera are certainly warranted. What a great set of displays for a great collection though. Can you remember which one of the vintage figures was the first one that you got?

Offline Bubba Fett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 12:01:47 PM »
Sure do...Sand People. And it is still my favorite action figure.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 01:56:46 PM »
That is gorgeous, I was just commenting on your wife's Hall of Armor, but this is just breath-taking. I am so envious.

Oh yes, you will see this post somewhere else soon. And please do give us more pics. Wow, talk about a dream goal completed. Bravo.

Offline darthstreams

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Streams Customs
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 06:29:05 PM »
Awesome collection, from an owner, how much do you think the c3p0 and r2d2 droid figures are worth? I know a guy and he has like all of the droid figures in real good shape. I've seen them going for 100+ on ebay w/coin. Do you know how much they go for w/o coin in good shape? thanks

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 05:50:09 AM »
This is Excellent !!! An awesome collection, and the figures are in great shape too ! loving  the custom r2 units !!!  congrats on completing this beautiful set

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 06:52:34 AM »
Awesome collection, they look amazing in this setting with that lighting! Nice custom droids as well.

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 09:23:21 AM »
Outstanding collection! I'm very happy for ya'll. Love those droids too!

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Bubba Fett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 06:42:47 AM »
Darth, loose vintage C-3PO and R2 Droids Cartoon in good shape with original saber and coins will fetch $190 - $230 each on eBay.

Offline darthstreams

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Streams Customs
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 05:38:15 PM »
Bought them without coin, the guy didn't have them, guy was asking 150 for both, got em for 100. Then I repro'ed some cards for display.

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 08:23:36 PM »
Nice, they look really sharp on the cards!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 02:47:23 AM »
Darth Streams I would love to see your regular collection. I have to wonder if you have done repro boxes with those great skills. Nice Droids by the way.

Offline SOLOGRUNT

• Cadet
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 03:03:43 AM »
It's always cool to see vintage figures on display. Congrats on completing your dream collection. Great job.
"Execute order 66"

Offline Buried Egg

• Ensign
    • Buried Egg's YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 09:47:25 PM »
What a nice collection! Always respect the classics! Do you collect carded vintage too? Or just loose? Collecting loose vintage is very very surprisingly rewarding on its own. I think a lot of people our age (40ish) don't realize how powerful it is to hold those little guys in their hand again and REMEMBER! I've found it to be an extremely relaxing pastime, cleaning and restoring my vintage figures and vehicles.
Don't forget to check out my YouTube Channel for Toy Reviews, Interviews, and How-To Guides on Toy Repair, Restoration, Etc!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCirrmF7YOM8toFZW41UBafg/videos

Offline bobcat

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 02:58:13 AM »

ya, im 38 so i get the whole vintage vibe and how it makes people feel that are our age. a few years ago i got into collecting this stuff like i never have before. i always looked in the SW section on and off thru the years and bought a little but nothing major. then around Nov of 2012 something weird happened haha. and it just kept building on me and i was adding bookmarks for Jedibusiness,JTA and it just kept growing from their.

i have a fair amount of a collection now with about 25 TVC figures i think or close to that ? and a wack of loose/carded ive bought from ebay and god knows were else.

i hope to get my little shelf setup with some i want to display beside the computer here. once i get a camera again (mine died awhile ago and i still dont have one to take pics with) i will post them on the site for u guys to see.

is it me or is darthstreams pictures not showing up? i noticed that happened for me on here sometimes but other pics are showing up. hmm

anyway!