Author Topic: Rogue Jedi's custom figures  (Read 40844 times)

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
Re: Rogue Jedi's custom figures
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2013, 05:07:24 PM »
Great work!  i just love the pilots, i am trying to do the same thing. You have great  diversity.
Huge fan of the Boba's, outstanding!!! thanks for sharing.

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2013, 09:37:19 PM »
Wow!! the concept Jedi are awesome man, my favorite is Ploo Koon and Anakin.  Very nice choice of parts, the pouches on Plo Koons belt look great and the tabards match perfectly with the detailed torso.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2013, 07:09:55 AM »
WOW! Great figure thread. Sorry I am late to the party but I am catching up. So many awesome customs, love your creativity.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2013, 05:00:44 AM »
Hey everyone it's been a while. Sorry I have been very busy with work and my spare time has been largely spent doing Jurassic Park Customs for my son (I'll post those in a new thread at some point) I do have a small update tonight with a little back story. These are all a self custom of me from a galaxy long ago and far away. The back story is my character is a Jedi during the old republic era and a general during the Clone Wars named Luki Erisfulk. He is from a little known near human race with an incredibly long life span of 500 years. No body, not even the race themselves know whether their long lives are due to genetic tampering in the past or if that are an off shoot of humanity that evolved. On top of the long life span the is stronger, can endure more and heals more quickly than humans (came up with it so I could essentially use the same head for different periods of time and have an in-universe explaination why he isn't aging). He is kind of a "Rogue Jedi" that plays it loose to the point that some consider him "grey". During the Wars, while against it, he participated on the grounds that he could hand pick his own troopers. The council agreed and assigned him and his squad to a Special Operations unit that answered only to the Jedi Council. Due to him picking clones that showed individuality to an extreme when Order 66 came down his clones disobeyed and helped him escape. From then on he hid in plain sight as a smuggler in the outer rims and wild space.
Regular Jedi duds

Clone Wars General

Post Order 66 Smuggler

New Hope and beyond era smuggler

Messing with lighting

I tend to drink Monster quite a bit so it seemed fitting to add this as an accessory

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2013, 05:04:01 AM »
You can kind of see it in the last pic but I have a large tattoo on each forearm that I tried to recreate on him. I'll post some comparison pics at some point. Also sometime this week I'll upload pics of his clone troopers and also some black ops clones and their Jedi Handler.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2013, 05:52:18 AM »
Looks good. On the front page. Definitely want to see some of those dinos too.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 06:23:20 AM »
Just to clarify (and hopefully not disappoint) I'm not doing any Dino customs for my son but rather am making figures of the cast from the 3 Jurassic Park movies and also from the old toy line (aka the dino trackers and dino raiders) as well as one or two characters from the books. Sadly no dinos...Ebay has treated me surprisingly well when it comes to buying the old dinosaur figures from the 3 movies...the only reason I'm doing customs of the human figures is that the old toys were in a 4.5 in scale but all figures now are in the 3.75 in scale or 6 in scale. For compatibility purposes instead of ordering the original human figures I wanted him to have 3.75 inch figures so that he could also use his GI joe figures etc...to add to his dino play time.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2013, 05:29:48 PM »
I love the Jedi and his different looks post-Order 66.  I echo Spry's earlier comment: great creativity here!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2013, 06:24:06 PM »
Great Stuff!!!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2013, 05:13:34 AM »
Ok, so I've been gone a while and missed several pages worth of awesome!  A belated "welcome to the Yards"!  Keep up the good works.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2013, 05:46:13 AM »
Thank you Darth Optimus. As a side note I am a huge admirer of your work as well as many many others on this site. It's great to finally be a member of this great community and even better to be greeted with such an awesome reception. This site and the people who populate it are what it's all about.

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2013, 06:34:50 PM »
Your jedi through the ages is a great back story. Excellent work.

My daughter really wants to see your Jurassic Park figures you are making  for your son. She loves the movie series.

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2013, 07:36:42 PM »
I'll definitely share them! I've been working on these and nothing else for the most part so I've kinda been MIA here but I should start posting some new stuff soon.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
Rogue Jedi's Jurassic Park Custom Figures
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2013, 08:13:21 AM »
Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've posted anything new but rest assured that between work and family I have been hard at work crafting new custom figures. In my Star Wars Custom figures thread I mentioned that I was working on a series of figures for my son based off the Jurassic Park franchise and that I would post them at a later date...today is that later date. Some are from the movie, some are from the novels, some are from the old kenner toy line and some are just made up characters. With a few of these (based largely on the available parts) they may not be a carbon copy replica but I feel that, in-spite of that, I have captured the 'essence' of those characters so browse through these and as always comments, questions and critiques are always welcome. With that all I have left to say is "Welcome to Jurassic Park!" Enjoy!

Dr. Grant from Jurassic Park

Dr. Sattler from Jurassic Park

Dr. Malcolm from Jurassic Park w/Jacket and sunglasses

Dr. Malcolm from Jurassic Park without Jacket and Sunglasses

John Hammond from Jurassic Park

Dennis Nedry from Jurassic Park

And just like the original Kenner figure (could rip off arms) Ol' Dennis was made to have some dino damage action....a trend that would continue with other figures I made for my lil' man.

Robert Muldoon from Jurassic Park (This figure showcases the figure's head but the body is a 'fill in' until I receive the new GI Joe figure wearing shorts as that body will be his actual body).

Lex and Tim Murphy from Jurassic Park

And of course Tim's night vision goggles

Mr. Generro the Lawyer from Jurassic Park

To quote the movie "I think this was Generro...." "I think this was too..." So of course Mr. Generro comes with dion damage

Mr. Arnold from Jurassic Park with Dino Damage

Dr. Wu from Jurassic Park

I'll leave it at that for today but over the next few days I'll update this with figures from the other 2 movies, remade figures based off the old toy line and some made up characters as well as adding some pics to my Star Wars Custom Thread.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2013, 06:44:42 AM »
Alright it's been a while but I'll be posting some more updates over the next few days and by the way I know a few people were interested to see the Jurassic Park customs I did as a birthday present for my son so I started a new thread titled Rogue Jedi's jurassic park customs so check it out if you want. Anyway up first is an update of the concept Anakin I did a while back. Keeping with the great pilot line spoken by Obi Wan to Luke  I wanted to add a flight helmet that would serve as a visual predecessor to both the rebel pilots helmet as well as the imperial pilots while also containing hints of the mask he will end up wearing until his redemption and death so I hope you all like it.

Up next is another concept figure: Kit Skywalker Anakin's younger brother and Obi Wan's Padawan. Like I alluded to in a previous post I had a different take on what the prequels would be and this is part of it. The short version is Kit is the one who goes down the dark path and Anakin rushes off to rescue him (sound familiar) and blames Obi Wan's failure as a teacher as why his brother turned to the dark side and a three way battle between Obi Wan, Anakin and Kit (now calling himself Darth Vader) ensues. At some point Obi Wan is seperated from Anakin and Kit who locked in battle end up going over cliff and falling into lava. Obi Wan believing both to be dead picks up Anakin's lightsaber and leaves. A short while later now Emperor Palpatine arrives and sees two badly burned bodies. One clone confirms that one body is dead while another says this one is still alive...Palpatine leans in close and asks the survivor who he is and gets the reply "Darth Vader." Palpatine smiles and chuckles....Now the one that lived is Anakin but he has embraced his fate and taken his brother's name and place but the audience won't know this so when the reveal in Empire comes out not only is Luke screaming "NO...That's impossible!" but so too is the audience thus keeping the surprise intact for a whole new generation to experience.  Anyway here's Kit Skywalker before he turns to the dark side.

A couple of Mandos

A background pirate

A bounty hunter (can't remember who did this one or where I saw it but I thought it was too cool and had to attempt it myself).

A few Jedi

A clone trooper to add a little diversity to my 501st collection

That's it for today but I'll be posting some more in a few days.