Author Topic: Rogue Jedi's custom figures  (Read 40773 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Rogue Jedi's custom figures
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2013, 05:29:08 AM »
If you take a look at the CAFN Archive Page you will see a round table we did on molds and casting that has some great info.

Nice work, let me go share it.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2013, 06:50:43 AM »
If you take a look at the CAFN Archive Page you will see a round table we did on molds and casting that has some great info.

Nice work, let me go share it.

Thank you. It's always great to make the front page alongside so many other great customizers! Also thanks for the info. Sjefke has already shared some great info on material to make molds with; I look forward to checking out CAFN archive page to get some more info!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2013, 07:59:35 AM »
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/CAFN/cafn37to42.html

And then scroll down to the one you need. Talk about awesome information and tips from some of the best mold makers and casters in the hobby!

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2013, 08:12:10 AM »
I really like the jaxxon head sculpt, Amazing work on the others as well

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2013, 06:34:20 PM »
I really like the jaxxon head sculpt, Amazing work on the others as well

Thanks for more good info Tamer. Ghostskull18 thank you as well. Once I check out the info provided by Tamer and others I'll make some resin casts and at that point I'll clean them up; I'm really happy with how Jaxxon turned out but the sculpt looks a pit rough to me and could use some smoothing; unfortunately the wax I'm working with doesn't really allow that...I can smooth out figures like Tawss Khaa and Zim with no problem but when it comes to Jaxxon, due to the furry nature of the character, if I were to smooth out the wax sculpt I would sacrifice detail so like I said I can't wait to make a resin cast; perfect it and then make a new master mold out of that. There is another wax I could use that is basically candle wax (in fact if I go that route I would just use unscented candle wax) but it's more involved and requires a little more skill as you're constantly heating/melting the wax to make it more workable. I think I may start experimenting with it though and use this Zim mock up as my trial and error and use that type of wax to fix some imperfections and to make his teeth and gum line more defined. As always I'll be sure to post pics.

On a side note thanks to everyone for the kind words and to the admins for putting my work on the front page; I've been coming here for a few years and have always been amazed at the level of craftsmanship displayed by so many fellow customizers and have used that to inspire me to try more so it's a huge honor to see me work on the front page alongside the work of those whose work I've always admired and I am humbled by it and just hope that my work can be an inspiration to others like so many of the memebers work has been an inspiration to me. So thrilled to finally be a part of this wonderful and great community!

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2013, 08:20:53 PM »
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/CAFN/cafn37to42.html

And then scroll down to the one you need. Talk about awesome information and tips from some of the best mold makers and casters in the hobby!
Thanks Tamer.
I an use this link too.  I'm just starting out casting with resin.  It ain't easy on your own.

Liking the Jaxxon.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2013, 02:50:36 AM »
On a side note thanks to everyone for the kind words and to the admins for putting my work on the front page; I've been coming here for a few years and have always been amazed at the level of craftsmanship displayed by so many fellow customizers and have used that to inspire me to try more so it's a huge honor to see me work on the front page alongside the work of those whose work I've always admired and I am humbled by it and just hope that my work can be an inspiration to others like so many of the memebers work has been an inspiration to me. So thrilled to finally be a part of this wonderful and great community!

Its posts like this that keep me doing it even when I don't really have time to do it! Thank you for sharing your work here.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2014, 06:06:57 PM »
Hey everyone sorry I have been MIA for a while now but with the move from Okinawa back to the states and everything that it entails plus preparing for a deployment (that is no longer happening) I have been pretty busy. However I am back into the swing of things and will begin posting some older stuff (I had a ton in storage while I was in Okinawa) as well as some new stuff (both completed and WIP) that I am eager to post for this great community. That being said while I may not have posted I have been checking in and seeing amazing things from you all! Can't wait to jump back in!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2014, 02:21:32 AM »
Good to have you back! Can't wait to see what you have gotten into.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2014, 05:17:06 PM »
Welcome back Rouge. Love the Jaxxon head. I must have missed it when you posted last year.