Author Topic: Need Help with a Custom Idea  (Read 915 times)

Offline Dr_Jones

• Cadet
Need Help with a Custom Idea
« on: February 21, 2013, 07:10:04 AM »
I have been wanting to make a Dark Ahsoka from the Mortis Trilogy, any tips on what kind of paint or techniques I would need to paint her eyes, and the veins. I want to make it look as close as I can to the videos below.

Thanks
Doc

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
Re: Need Help with a Custom Idea
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 12:43:19 PM »
Paints-wise, I'd suggest a water-based acrylic; these can be thinned out using just a drop (or two or three) of water and generally clean up easily as well.  Apple Barrel and FolkArt are cheap brands that can be found at general hobby shops (Hobby Lobby, etc.) and WalMarts.  Higher-end brands---Vallejo, Model Masters, etc.---can be found at your local, hole-in-the-wall hobby shops.

When it comes to the veins (and the detail that will need to go into them), you may want to find something ither than a paint brush.  Something with a straight tip, like the clay modeling tools at hobby shops, and very lightly brush the paint on in thin layers.  patience is the key to this type of work, not just the paints and tools!

Hope this at least gets you started!

Good luck; I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!