Author Topic: 2013 Joint Site Episode VII Customizing Challenge  (Read 33287 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: 2013 Joint Site Episode VII Customizing Challenge
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 09:08:07 PM »
Wow WB, that Luke looks awesome already. I can't wait to see the end result.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 11:15:14 PM »
that would be han solo on the left, I like him. Nice work so far, Ray.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 04:07:42 AM »
The three look great, WB!  I'm liking the direction you're heading with the Shae character...

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 06:22:25 AM »
Very nice selection of characters Ray. Can't wait to see more on these!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 05:46:15 PM »
Thanks to Justin aka CHEWIE for kindly redoing the prize details to reflect the new prize that was added.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 08:41:07 PM »
In fact here's my fist WIP shot of my Episode VII figures...

Luke Skywalker -  Jedi Grand Master

Han Solo - Admiral of the Republic

Shae Skywalker - Smuggler's fatigues

In the fan treatment I'm writing Shae Skywalker is Luke's great great granddaughter, a cocky rebellious young woman - strong in the force, but with no patience! The announcement of the new sequels has got me so excited - I can't wait!!!!!

WB Out!!

Wow - those are looking fantastic!

0/

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 12:03:52 AM »
I can't wait to post something.  Hopefully, I'll make the deadline.  I've got somethings in the making that I've had left undone.  This is a great idea.  Is there a spot here in the Yards where people are posting what their ideas are for the upcoming sequels?  The movies themselves, that is.  I'm anticipating the original cast could be grand parents (if they make appearances at all).  What novel(s) do they follow, if they follow any?  Or will Disney do their own thing, hopefully keeping to what we know through novels, comics, and other media?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 03:48:15 AM »
Minstrel, its in the Star Wars Movies Thread under Imperial Entertainment.

I figured you might be making one of the new Jedi we might see.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2013, 08:02:13 AM »
Alright, going to have to give this contest a shot!  As many of us are, I'm very excited that more SW films are headed our way and continuing the Skywalker/Solo saga was a great place to start, IMO.  

I'm going to love seeing the old gang back in action (hopefully), with some new blood and supporting characters mixed in.  With that said, I'm actually interested in potential Jedi characters that might have been identified by Luke since ROTJ.  In my mind, there wouldn't be a large Jedi Order, just a few, trusted individuals who likely wouldn't pose as much of a risk to falling to the dark side.  I would think that Luke might be somewhat fearful of training a potential dark side user and would very carefully select those who could help to re-establish a new type of Jedi Order---but with limited risk involved.  

With this idea swirling around in my head, I created a new Jedi: someone who might serve with Luke in an advisory position (or who is stationed in a part of the galaxy where this new "Master" oversees a sector where he (and a few other Jedi) try to keep the peace.  I've always been bored by the dull "tan robes" look on all Jedi and saw them dressed more in utility suits, military gear, and/or clothing useful to the places they were stationed.  I also like the idea that this guy doesn't use a lightsaber: instead, I'd like to think of him as having mastered a modified double-bladed vibro-blade that carries an electric charge and can rebel most lightsaber strikes.  He's also dressed the way I'd envision him on a planet like Tatooine, Saluecami, or other desert-like world.  I purchased some Aves Fixit a few months back and have been slowly working on simple sculpting (belts, harnesses, etc.) and decided to practice on this character:  

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:30:05 AM by JediMerc »

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2013, 08:45:50 AM »
Merc,

I love you thinking on this one; especially the idea about the weapon other than a lightsaber which I know is probably not gonna be well recieved with some fans. I think we all love lightsabers, but seeing some other type of weapon light up too besides a straight sword I think would be cool.

I also hope perhaps we can get a little clearer image before this is over? And remember if you use a photo hosting website all you need do is paste your image directly into your message post and the forum will auto resize it for you.

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2013, 09:07:36 AM »
Hey Merc that's an awesome WIP! I can't wait to see more!!!!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2013, 02:13:43 PM »
Merc,

I love you thinking on this one; especially the idea about the weapon other than a lightsaber which I know is probably not gonna be well recieved with some fans. I think we all love lightsabers, but seeing some other type of weapon light up too besides a straight sword I think would be cool.

I also hope perhaps we can get a little clearer image before this is over? And remember if you use a photo hosting website all you need do is paste your image directly into your message post and the forum will auto resize it for you.

Thanks Tamer!  I'm not much of a photographer, so I didn't even consider using a hosting site for images.  Took care of that this afternoon and got the updated---and much better photos---into my original post (see below). 

Sorry for the cruddy pics (for anyone who checked this page earlier)!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2013, 08:35:13 PM »
Now we are talking Merc. That is fantastic. Thanks for getting me the new images.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2013, 10:31:41 PM »
I really like this new Jedi look you have created here. I enjoyed the black uniform look of Luke in rotj and thought it silly that Lucas embraced obi wan's desert robes as what the entire Jedi order should wear, along with the celibacy thing, of course.

Keep on going with this one, the sculpted straps look great.

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2013, 10:56:48 AM »
Merc that is awesome work! Love the sculpting work and the fresh look of the design! Can't wait for more!!!