Author Topic: HOMEWORLD - RETURN TO HIIGARA - Pt 3  (Read 3704 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
HOMEWORLD - RETURN TO HIIGARA - Pt 3
« on: February 13, 2013, 02:28:33 AM »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: HOMEWORLD - RETURN TO HIIGARA - Pt 3
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 04:06:16 AM »
Cool. This was a great setting the stage chapter gearing us up for when they are ready to build the ship and start the journey. I like the fact that you took the time to do this filler work. Oftentimes I have seen folks just go straight from action to action and I have no idea about the progression that led us to the following scenario. You are definitely not falling into that trap Jules. The only bad thing is now I have to wait to read the next one.

On the front page.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 04:14:58 AM »
Amazing. Those rendered (?) sets look absolutely gorgeous, and the level of expression being conveyed through your new approach with the CGI characters is envy-inspiring. It's nice to have a "build-up episode" like this one, and I can say I shared the professor's awe at the sight of the Fleet Command HQ xD

A masterpiece, as always.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:52:57 PM »
Jules,

Excellent work again! The pictures are beautiful. I love the details of the lights to the buildings. Good transition chapter that leaves us hungry for the next the next chapter.

Jason

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »
another superb chapter jules !
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 03:46:07 PM »
Awesome! I was wondering how you were going to pull off keeping the characters alive for 100 years. This has a Battlestar Galactica meets Prometheus feel to it.

By the way, your direction talents are superb. I think you could direct a film very easily. The images flow from scene to scene pulling you further into this story with great feeling.

AAA+ Jules!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 11:42:19 PM »
I always marvel at your imagery, Jules, but found myself just as riveted by the story. I had to read the story line while skimming the images like a comic book and then come back to marvel at the visual artistry. There is a touch of mystery to this which i imagine may grow as we see more.
Fabulous!

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 12:53:40 AM »
Awesome! I was wondering how you were going to pull off keeping the characters alive for 100 years. This has a Battlestar Galactica meets Prometheus feel to it.

By the way, your direction talents are superb. I think you could direct a film very easily. The images flow from scene to scene pulling you further into this story with great feeling.

Thanks DS, I really appreciate your feedback. I wanted this to read and flow like a movie as I think the story is ripe as a space opera. The actual Homeworld game starts once the Mothership has been built, so the hard part is continuing the character driven element once the shooting starts.

The graphical style is very much influence from 2001, especially the computer UI's and a lot if the style seen in 2001 was copied by Ridley Scott when he made Alien, so you're spot on there.

J

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 09:23:51 AM »
Ya know, I was going to refer to 2001 in my first post because I got that feeling especially from part 1. The digitized read outs prominent in part 1 were spot on from the Kubrick/Clarke classic. I read everyone of them and it gives great incite as to what is going on in the story. The Battlestar reference is more in line with the re-imagined version, although I am a huge fan of the original and hope to see someone (other than Bryan Singer) create a cinematic version of that great old TV show. Ridley Scott is one of my go to directors. I don't think I've ever been disappointed by any of his films.

Rock on man! Keep em' coming!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 10:29:37 AM »
Just got chance to sit down and enjoy this story line over lunch. Really impressed Jules, all of your talents have merged into one cohesive explosion of brilliance. I love this story and agree it moves along like a film. Very nice work and thank for sharing.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 07:14:07 PM »

Only a handful of comments on this chapter, so I'm giving it a bit of a bump coupled with the news that I've begun work on chapter 4. I'll possibly be creating alternate chapters for this and XWA if I can manage it.

Homeworld is a pretty classic sci-fi yarn with religious overtones akin to the Dune saga so, the creative writing is a lot more demanding when compared to Star Wars, It may be hard going for the readers too but we shall see how we go....

Please enjoy the teaser image, release is approx 8-12 weeks away.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 03:41:32 AM »
Wow, gorgeous Jules. I have to take this news to the front page.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 04:15:48 PM »
A very nice image Jules!