Author Topic: Airfix 1:48 Supacat Coyote plastic model kit  (Read 3710 times)

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
Airfix 1:48 Supacat Coyote plastic model kit
« on: January 31, 2013, 03:38:58 PM »
This is my review of the Airfix 1:48 Supacat Coyote plastic model kit, it's part of Airfix's 'Operation Herrick Afghanistan' range, it is a great kit and I highly recommend it.

It has opening doors in the middle, and benches that fold back to provide more area for supplies, or troops.

Product bio(taken from Airfix.com)

Developed from the Supacat designed Jackal 2, the Coyote differs from the Jackal through the addition of an extra axle, turning the machine into a 6x6 design.  Its primary roles is that of an artillery tractor, with secondary roles of battlefield reconnaissance and assault.  It can be fitted with either a .50 Cal heavy machine gun or a 40mm grenade launcher as its primary armament, with a general purpose machine gun as a supporting weapon.

Both the Jackal and the Coyote have seen extensive use in Afghanistan, where it has proved to be a very useful machine, becoming much loved by its crews.

Speed: 80mph on road, 49mph cross country
Weight: 10.3 Tons
Length: 7m
Width: 2m
Armament: 1 x 12.7mm machine gun or 40mm grenade launcher plus 1 x 7.62mm GPMG.

This kit also comes with two different sets of number plates, so you could have 2 Coyotes in your collection and still have some variation.

This video shows you how the Coyote is put together:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the video isn't working then follow this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4LIGYtM-BaA

Airfix also has a Vehicle crew coming out soon, as well as a set of 'Photo-etched parts' for additional detail!

Paints required for this kit(Humbrol)

Thank you very much for reading my review, I highly recommend this kit(and the Jackal) as they are a must have for any collector of modern Military models. It retails for £19.99, paints NOT included, they cost £1.70.

To view the Coyote on the Airfix site, follow this link:

http://www.airfix.com/airfix-products/military-vehicles/military-transporters/a06302-supacat-hmt600-coyote-a06302/?searchguid=2013131222433&resultspage=&sortorder=
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:11:38 PM by JLaban4 »