Author Topic: Rareburg.com Stormtrooper Armor Contest  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Rareburg.com Stormtrooper Armor Contest
« on: August 07, 2015, 07:47:17 AM »
I just got this email message in from the folks at Rareburg.com:

https://www.rareburg.com/l/stormtrooper

"Rareburg.com have challenged Pete & Phil, owners of Masks-Direct & PPFX who sell & manufacture high end masks & costumes, to show you how to build Stormtrooper armour that we'll attempt to get approved by the 501st on a budget.

This is the first episode of our series of video guides showing you how to source & build your own Stormtrooper armour. In this episode, Pete & Phil show you how it's all too easy to fall into the trap of buying bad quality Stormtrooper armour online. Following a purchase of a Stormtrooper set of armour online for £250, Pete and Phil find some hilariously questionable craftsmanship on the Stormtrooper helmet and confirm whether they got *anything* for their money.

*** Rareburg.com are offering the chance to win the completed Stormtrooper armour to those who sign up for updates here - https://www.rareburg.com/l/stormtrooper ***"

I watched the video and thought they had some good points. Might be interesting to follow their journey and see if it can mean cheaper armor for you! I have always wanted a TK Set myself. I am sure our resident expert, Serg (JKNO), will let you know about the quality of this as they progress too, although 501st approval is pretty much it!

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
Re: Rareburg.com Stormtrooper Armor Contest
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 01:38:03 AM »
Haven't seen these before
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer