Author Topic: JetpackBlues Customs Intro  (Read 59636 times)

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
Re: JetpackBlues Customs Intro
« Reply #285 on: November 06, 2014, 06:24:27 PM »
So, making progress on my 1:18 scale predator based off of my desire to make one a little more mobile than the ReAction 1:18 scale figure. Thinking I'm gonna try and rework his head since I've gotten a lot of crap from people who have seen the head on IG. But for now this is his head. I'm beginning to wish I posted this up in the birthday contest section. Hey Shawn, if I make him a dio and a few extra accessories can he be entered even though he wasn't originally posted in the contest section? Anyway, here's some progress shots

Predator Wip by JetpackBlues, on Flickr

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #286 on: November 06, 2014, 06:30:58 PM »
That's really cool.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #287 on: November 07, 2014, 03:38:11 AM »
Nice update. On the front page. Whats supposed to be wrong with the head? I sure don't see anything.

Anyhow, to answer your question sure you can enter this. Its a new work not posted before anywhere and remember you have other options besides just a dio. You can have a special accessory or other item. The full details are in the first post in the BDay Contest Thread.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #288 on: November 07, 2014, 01:27:48 PM »
The Predator update is coming along excellent mate.

Ron

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #289 on: November 20, 2014, 11:37:47 AM »
Very cool!  What did you use for the body?  Looks like Marvel Universe, maybe?

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #290 on: January 26, 2015, 09:41:47 PM »
Haven't been terribly active with customizing again but vowed for New Years to get back on the horse. Here are the first two WIPs Ive been cobbling together. A Boba Jr (or young Boba) and a guy I was curious about when I picked up the 3 3/4 version of him and thought it just looked like a red Boba Fett with a different pouch or two. I've honestly been unable to find any real photo references for Dred Priest which I guess gives me room to make him the way I want and still get away with saying this is him. Haha. I'm pretty sure Priest actually has shin guards but I'm unsure if I'm actually going to worry about that.

Mando WIPs by JetpackBlues, on Flickr

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2015, 04:15:51 AM »
Looks pretty nice to me. Off to share.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #292 on: February 04, 2015, 09:10:28 PM »
Nice work on the red armored Mandalorian 6" figure but with the armor you have sculpted and the skull painted on the helmet it looks way more like Ghes Orade's armor than Dred Priest's. Still looking cool though! Here's a Ghes Orade pic:

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #293 on: February 05, 2015, 02:37:24 AM »
Nice, I like the young boba.

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #294 on: February 05, 2015, 10:55:02 AM »
Nice work on the red armored Mandalorian 6" figure but with the armor you have sculpted and the skull painted on the helmet it looks way more like Ghes Orade's armor than Dred Priest's. Still looking cool though! Here's a Ghes Orade pic:

What's interesting is when I was looking for Priest references pics that weren't the figure This is the pic I belive Wookepedia gives as being him. And considering he apparently had a relationship with Isabet, the pic made sense to me as being Priest.
  Here's the entry. It's in the behind the scenes section with a link to the artists Depiction of Dred Priest with a written description that is this pic. Haha. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dred_Priest
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:01:05 AM by JetpackBlues »

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #295 on: February 05, 2015, 03:58:56 PM »
The pic of the goatee having dude in red Mandalorian armor is Ghes Orade not Dred Priest according to Wookieepedia's Ghes Orade description and also pictures of Ghes Orade:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ghes_Orade

In the picture with Ghes Orade is a woman with flowers in her hair wearing yellow Mandalorian armor. That is Mirta Gev (Boba Fett's granddaughter) and she married Ghes Orade.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:34:22 PM by I-am-Boba-Fett »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #296 on: February 06, 2015, 03:40:54 AM »
Whichever Mando it is, I like it! Love the paint markings on the beskar on this one.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #297 on: February 06, 2015, 05:24:17 AM »
Hasbro made up Dred Priest, and based him off of Ghes Orade, that's why there's only action figure pics of him, he has no other source. I think it may have been to get around some legalities to essentially get us Ghes Orade, and Isabet Reau's only source is her figure, but she's based off Ghes Orade's wife. That's why they look similar, and both have a romantic involvement. Personally I love Mandalorians, and think this figure's great, even if it turns out you made a different character than you intended.

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #298 on: February 07, 2015, 05:12:04 PM »
Hasbro made up Dred Priest, and based him off of Ghes Orade, that's why there's only action figure pics of him, he has no other source. I think it may have been to get around some legalities to essentially get us Ghes Orade, and Isabet Reau's only source is her figure, but she's based off Ghes Orade's wife. That's why they look similar, and both have a romantic involvement. Personally I love Mandalorians, and think this figure's great, even if it turns out you made a different character than you intended.

Well alright then. That explains the confusion. The fact Wookepedia used this pic for Priest as well really screwed me up. So, it's a Ghes Orade custom.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2015, 11:12:14 PM »
Either way, the figure has turned magnificently!