Author Topic: BlackThorne's Dioramas  (Read 60450 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: BlackThorne's Dioramas
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2021, 05:52:54 PM »
Sweet six inch echo base dio!
I like the arrangement of the figures

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2021, 04:31:26 PM »
Sweet six inch echo base dio!
I like the arrangement of the figures

Thanks! That's my first one for the scale.

Now that is one fantastic looking dio.

Off to share it on the front pages. Reminds me I need to pick up one of these six inch snowspeeders too.

Thanks! S2

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2021, 05:10:28 PM »
Finished a new modular desert inspired dio, here it is:

more pics here: https://forjadasestrelas.blogspot.com/2021/04/star-wars-diorama-crash-site.html

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2021, 02:40:13 AM »
"Modular" is my favorite word when it comes to dioramas and playsets. JTA is talking about that Escape Shuttle at the moment. I think $75 is a steep price for what it is, but at least you can choose from 5 different R5 units and it comes with 2 vehicles, of which one has sounds, too. That's quite a lot compared to the VC Imperial Troop Transport by Hasbro. What are your plans for the Fleet Transport vehicle? If I had this set, I'd probably scan and 3D print multiples of them. I could well see a repaint of the grey vehicle that comes with this set.

To the diorama: Well, that is one exciting facade! Love all the different forms and shapes, especially those horizontal elements! What a cool scene BlackThorne! Excellent job on all the details and painting. I'm most excited for this project of yours and feel how much I need to finish my shelf dio...

10/10

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2021, 08:23:18 AM »
Looks great to me. Wow.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2021, 06:14:11 PM »
"Modular" is my favorite word when it comes to dioramas and playsets. JTA is talking about that Escape Shuttle at the moment. I think $75 is a steep price for what it is, but at least you can choose from 5 different R5 units and it comes with 2 vehicles, of which one has sounds, too. That's quite a lot compared to the VC Imperial Troop Transport by Hasbro. What are your plans for the Fleet Transport vehicle? If I had this set, I'd probably scan and 3D print multiples of them. I could well see a repaint of the grey vehicle that comes with this set.

To the diorama: Well, that is one exciting facade! Love all the different forms and shapes, especially those horizontal elements! What a cool scene BlackThorne! Excellent job on all the details and painting. I'm most excited for this project of yours and feel how much I need to finish my shelf dio...

10/10

- Philipp

I cant remenber how much I paid for the pod at disney, but was something around 80 buck. But we were on vactions and to be honest at that moment I didnt think a lot about.

Right know I believe it has a better value proposition than Hasbro's current vehicles as it has an extra figure, lights and a lot of sound (which I dont really care) and also its huge and heavy. Disney could have scaled it down like hasbro did with the rogue one tank, but when you put de toy figure next to the pod, it really delivery the same felling when you are side by side with the real thing in the park ride. I recomment getting at least one.

Regarding your dio, I love it and it has a lot of potental. If I had seen the thread before I woul steal some doors designs, not gonna lie.

Looks great to me. Wow.

0/ Thanks, Tamer!

[at1]

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2021, 10:42:25 PM »
That is a great dio. I love the details in the upper section of the buildings and the little greeblies on the the walls...and who wouldn't like Kyle Katarn taking on an AT-ST - great all the way 'round.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2021, 06:49:16 PM »
That is a great dio. I love the details in the upper section of the buildings and the little greeblies on the the walls...and who wouldn't like Kyle Katarn taking on an AT-ST - great all the way 'round.

Thanks! I really want to see Katarn back in the cannon!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2021, 01:10:22 AM »
Been catching up on all your dios mate and they all look excellent and I can't wait to see what you do next.

Rojn

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2021, 08:48:16 PM »
Been catching up on all your dios mate and they all look excellent and I can't wait to see what you do next.

Rojn

Thanks, pal. I got more good stuff  in progress and I hope to share soon.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2021, 12:41:36 PM »
I cant remenber how much I paid for the pod at disney, but was something around 80 buck. But we were on vactions and to be honest at that moment I didnt think a lot about.

Right know I believe it has a better value proposition than Hasbro's current vehicles as it has an extra figure, lights and a lot of sound (which I dont really care) and also its huge and heavy. Disney could have scaled it down like hasbro did with the rogue one tank, but when you put de toy figure next to the pod, it really delivery the same felling when you are side by side with the real thing in the park ride. I recomment getting at least one.

Regarding your dio, I love it and it has a lot of potental. If I had seen the thread before I woul steal some doors designs, not gonna lie.

That's very interesting! Do you have a Disney Park in Brazil or did you go on vacation in the U.S.? The next (and only one here in Europe) is in Paris, France.

I agree with all the features. Looks like a great set the more I look at it. So is Disney's Sandcrawler. I'm glad you got this vehicle set! Thanks for sharing pics and your opinion on it with us!

And thanks for the compliment! You can steal whatever you want from me :D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 12:43:31 PM by Darth More »

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2021, 04:27:19 PM »

That's very interesting! Do you have a Disney Park in Brazil or did you go on vacation in the U.S.? The next (and only one here in Europe) is in Paris, France.

I agree with all the features. Looks like a great set the more I look at it. So is Disney's Sandcrawler. I'm glad you got this vehicle set! Thanks for sharing pics and your opinion on it with us!

And thanks for the compliment! You can steal whatever you want from me :D

We don't have much market attention here on Brazil, near to zero products are officially sold here. This pod we bought during the last travel to the US :)

Keep on making all the good stuff  0/

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2021, 08:35:08 PM »
I'm with my second black series diorama: Dagobah Training.

I'm really happy to be able to display 3 figures in such a small space o/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2021, 05:55:46 AM »
Wow, this looks fantastic!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2021, 11:16:13 PM »
That's really nice! The mud and muck on R2 looks fantastic and that tree is amazing. Looks top notch.