Imperial Creative Engineering > Dioramas

BlackThorne's Dioramas

(1/58) > >>

BlackThorne:
Hi fellow yarders. I'll start this thread with my first DIO, it was finished about two months ago. I intended to recreate the streets of Mos Eisley, here is the result:

I still feel I could have done a better work on this - the doors are really uglies. Well, by now I'm working in another similar DIO, and I believe I'll hit the points where I left to be desired.

As always, all feedbacks are welcome. It is a pleasure to learn with you all.

Mando Assasin:
That looks great!

Luke Sprywalker:
First off, welcome to the Yards! Great looking diorama you have created and we would love to hear what materials and techniques you have used to make it. I too plan to recreate the streets of Tatooine as I sold my last build. Feel free to show us some progress shots on your next builds, they are always fun.

Tamer:
Looks good to me. Off to the front page. I look forward to seeing your next entry.

BlackThorne:

--- Quote from: Mando Assasin on December 30, 2012, 07:20:41 PM ---That looks great!

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the words, Mando Assasin. ;)

--- Quote from: Luke Sprywalker on December 30, 2012, 07:29:35 PM ---First off, welcome to the Yards! Great looking diorama you have created and we would love to hear what materials and techniques you have used to make it. I too plan to recreate the streets of Tatooine as I sold my last build. Feel free to show us some progress shots on your next builds, they are always fun.

--- End quote ---

Hi Luke, I'll be ansious to see your new street of tatooine dio, I really dig your dios.

To create this set I used a type of wood called eucatex (it is very similar to MDF) as a base. All the structures were created with styrofoam with multiples layers of "kitchen paper" to add textures - to put everything together I also applied a high adhesive glue diluted in water over the piece.

The next step is adding some milled and sifted sand. Then, I painted the whole thing with tones from darker to lighter, then darker again.

You can see some shots of the process here: http://forjadasestrelas.blogspot.com.br/2012/10/diorama-star-wars-wip-ruas-de-mos-eisley.html

Sorry for not having documented the entire steps flow.

--- Quote from: Tamer on December 31, 2012, 06:58:25 AM ---Looks good to me. Off to the front page. I look forward to seeing your next entry.

--- End quote ---

I'm happy you like it. The next dio will be even better.

Check this out, a sneak pic from the upcoming DIO:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version