Author Topic: TCW SBD 16 (Training Droid)  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
TCW SBD 16 (Training Droid)
« on: December 16, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »

I will take a few pictures to go with my below comments, but after playing with this with my little girl yesterday afternoon I found this one to be almost useless from a play standpoint.

Issues:

1. The only articulation on this one is at the shoulders, elbow, and hips. Good luck trying to get this one to stand without using the supplied SW Stand. We couldn't even get him to stay on that sometimes while we were trying to play the Battle Card Game.

2. His legs even without the articulation issues are horrible. I know they are supposed to be a bit spindly, but the weak plastic this one seemed to be made from made the problem worse.

3. His firing cannon won't fire. We both tried to pull and pry and poke and it won't do a thing. I am gonna have to get out some tools and hope I don't mess up the spring. I will write more on that later.

Things I liked:

1. I found the paint job on this to be great. I think it was spot with TCW Episode where Hevy and the boys were taking on the gauntlet. Perhaps thats why I was a bit irritated I couldn't do more than try to use it as a statue.

Overall:

I think if I had paid full price for this figure I would have been mad. I think when I go back to the Hasbro Boys for an interview I am gonna take this figure and show me how a kid doesn't want articulation. A figure has to have enough articulation to be able to stand! More pictures on my points to follow.

I am also gonna take this oppourtunity to try and get some consistency in this review section so we can make sense of all the reviews in here. I think we need some type of standard system to start our topics with and then some standards in regards to what we want to see in regards to information on the figures reviewed.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: TCW SBD 16 (Training Droid)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 10:25:24 AM »
Tamer, I think I have this fig on an 8-pack - either at the work-trailer or on layaway.  If I do, I'll check the cannon piece and if mine has a working cannon, I'll swap ya for the non-working one if ya want.

I *almost* bought one as a single, but I looked at it in the pkg and couldn't tell if it was for sure articulated or not, so I passed.  Glad I did now!  But as part of the 8-pack, for parts, yeah...not quite so bad.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: TCW SBD 16 (Training Droid)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 04:03:18 AM »
Thanks Doc. My gal would probably like a working "shooty thing". I haven't yet had a chance to work on it.

Its quite a shame as this is yet another figure that could have been really great with another sa joint or two.