Author Topic: Wreckage's Custom Figures-Ewoking Dead custom added 11/23  (Read 10244 times)

Offline Wreckage

• Ensign
Re: Wreckage's Custom Figures-a different direction
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 12:57:43 PM »
My work the last few months has taken a different turn, as I have been working more on cast parts and figures from some resin artists that I have been trading with and buying from. The first big push came from some parts I got from artist 2BitHack, who has bashed together a series of Star wars figures with some 1/25th scale Homies and other parts. He first sent me 2, one a Chewie figure, and the other a Boba Fett. Both were damaged or incomplete, so I had no problem completely redoing them.

I understand that this isn't really the standard Star Wars style figure custom, so i am totally cool if a lot of people don't quite appreciate what I am going for, but I had a lot of great response on facebook, so I thought I would collect a bunch of them here.

I started with the Fett, which was a Fett helmet on a Homie figure that was holding an ice cream cone. Something about this figure really spoke to me and inspired all the work I have done on these figures.

The second figure, whcih started out as a Chewie, got hacked up and I added an ERG head for fun. The camo pants or shirt has become a standard with all the pieces I have been making, mainly because I love painting camo, but also because it makes them pretty unique from other similar work.

Here are some pics I took of them together for fun.

Some of these pics I took into Windows Live and messes with the exposure and colors for fun.

This one wasn't Star wars related, but it is from the same "series". i had a cast head and hand from another artist for the Creature from the black lagoon, so I bashed those onto one of the figures, but with only one arm, I had to improvise the other one. I used an old BAT arm cast.

This one was difficult, because the cast was in bad condition and needed a LOT of work. I almost abandoned it halfway through, but I didn't want the parts wasted. It is based on a T-Shirt image I had seen that combined Darth Vader with Che Guevara, so i base coated it in red, and dry brushed black over it to simulate the look of the original image.

I added a cape for some pics, but didn't keep it.

I was really happy with how this one came out, not just the execution, but the completely nonsensical nature of it (even more so than the others) and it still works. On FB someone called him "Admiral Ackbro" and there were lots of "it's a trap" jokes. I wanted to write "TRAP" on his hat but it was just too tiny for me to pull off.

Some collected images

I have some other stuff done as well, but these 5 are it, currently, for this "series". i have 2 more figures to play with and I think I have some more on the way soon to keep the idea going.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Wreckage's Custom Figures-A new direction for some of my work 11/7/13
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2013, 01:14:32 AM »
Great looking customs mate and I like the little Homie SW figures well done.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2013, 03:45:32 AM »
It is an interesting mix if you ask me. I am off to share. More comments on the front page.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2013, 05:27:09 AM »
Loved seeing these on fb and am so glad you decided to share them here. I think it would be cool to photograph these guys like they are waiting in line for SW Celebration or a convention of any sort waiting for the doors to open. Well played sir!

Offline Wreckage

• Ensign
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2013, 08:54:14 AM »
Thanks guys, and thanks for the FPing!!! I just want to make it clear, the concept was all from 2BitHack, I just adapted some of his figures to my own parts and ideas. If you want to see some of his stuff, his storenvy is http://2bithack.storenvy.com/ , and these figures were part of this series, http://2bithack.storenvy.com/products/905514-mi-empire-loca-street-soldiers . He also did this which is awesome

http://2bithack.storenvy.com/products/1079049-empiren-on-a-budget

And his Boba Fett styled figure, the first one i painted, will be at Designercon this month, i believe. He showed some pics of a dozen or so fully painted a couple weeks ago on Facebook.

Thanks again!!1

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2013, 07:21:38 AM »
Nice work on these. That certainly is a different direction to take.
You are right about the camo being fun to paint and yours turned out nicely.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2013, 07:58:51 AM »
Those are all cool.

Offline Wreckage

• Ensign
Re: Wreckage's Custom Figures-Ewoking Dead custom added 11/23
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2013, 12:20:27 PM »
Killer Bootlegs released three versions of his Ewoking Dead figure so far-the bagged version, and two different carded versions that were available at NYCC and at D-Con. He was cool enough to hook me up with one of his armless off-cast Ewoks, then gave me some of the fabric he used for the cowls. This is what I did with it.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 03:48:43 PM by Wreckage »

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2013, 12:53:29 PM »
The only good ewok is a zombie ewok!
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline glorbes

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2013, 04:28:32 PM »
Now there's an Ewok that could defeat the Empire!

Great, gruesome work on him...and I like the mashup of the SW characters with the weird hip-hop styled bodies...great paint work and blending the two styles.  Very amusing, unique, and well-executed.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2013, 03:36:59 PM »
Love it! Very well done.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2013, 03:27:43 PM »
Just so wrong   ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2013, 08:35:13 AM »
Wow, that might be the most gruesome zombie custom I have seen; Star Wars or otherwise. Off to share.

Offline Rancor Scat

• Ensign
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2013, 04:23:32 PM »
Very impressive work. I love the quirkiness of the Homies and the Ewok is great.