Author Topic: BlackThorne's Custom Vehicles  (Read 56045 times)

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
BlackThorne's Custom Vehicles
« on: November 16, 2012, 04:05:31 PM »
Hi friends,

Here I'll show my (attempt to created) customs vehicles. I never had access to any kind of specific "how to". The materials we have in Brazil aren't similar to the ones you guys usually use, that make the custom creation even more harder.

All I achieved was due to the help of a great plastic artist called Panza (from ukko e etc).

My first vehicle was an assault speeder. It is just a Zam's Speeder with some guns attached to it.

Let me know what are your impressions. All kinds of feedback are welcome.

More pics of the vehicles can be found on my blog: http://forjadasestrelas.blogspot.com.br/

*I restarted customizing about 5 months ago.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
Re: BlackThorne's Custom Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 05:28:52 PM »

I confess I was not satisfied with the result obtained after finishing this particular custom. To my eyes is missing something, I dont know.

Fortunatelly all the other vehicles I created after that yellow fighter "pleased me a lot". The inspiration for the 3 vehicles bellow came from the Smuggler Alliance, a faction that has an absurd potential to be explored in the custom universe.

That's all I have done for now. 0/

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 06:41:05 PM »
Where on earth did you get that Brown fighter and the last two ships I love em!!  Great work
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 06:59:39 PM »
Where on earth did you get that Brown fighter and the last two ships I love em!!  Great work

Hi wraithnine, those customs were made based on vintage GI Joes vehicles I bought in a flea market. I'm glad you liked them. 0/

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 07:04:27 PM »
Welcome to the custom vehicle forum! Way to enter with a bang!

Are all of these GI Joe vehicle mods? I recognise several but not all of them. The yellow one is very nicely done bt I agree is missing something. I would love to see a verticle wing that could swing up and down like the V-19 Starfighter.

The brown vehicle is simple but cool. Works perfectly and I love the grimey look. Not much of a cockpit in that one it looks like.

The silver one with blue windows is a vehicle I hope to get my hands on. I love what you have done here! Are the wings on a hinge or ate they stationary? A very nicely designed vehicle.

The kit bash/scratch built speeder bike is brilliant! Really love it and the figure beside it.

The final vehicle is just awesome! Would love to see what is inside! I think it would be even better if you used the paint treatment we see on the side on the top of the vehicle as well. Just my opinion but it rocks as is. I really love your style and paint aps. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 07:07:31 PM »
These are wonderful!  Good job!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 12:29:01 PM »
Welcome to the custom vehicle forum! Way to enter with a bang!

Are all of these GI Joe vehicle mods? I recognise several but not all of them. The yellow one is very nicely done bt I agree is missing something. I would love to see a verticle wing that could swing up and down like the V-19 Starfighter.

The brown vehicle is simple but cool. Works perfectly and I love the grimey look. Not much of a cockpit in that one it looks like.

The silver one with blue windows is a vehicle I hope to get my hands on. I love what you have done here! Are the wings on a hinge or ate they stationary? A very nicely designed vehicle.

The kit bash/scratch built speeder bike is brilliant! Really love it and the figure beside it.

The final vehicle is just awesome! Would love to see what is inside! I think it would be even better if you used the paint treatment we see on the side on the top of the vehicle as well. Just my opinion but it rocks as is. I really love your style and paint aps. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.

Hey Spywalker, yep I entetred with all I got.

All of this customs are based on Joe's vehicles. I'll that a note of your V-19's concept. I believe it would be really cool if can be done in a light starfighter.

The brown vehicle actually is a small module that comes with the last (cargo) ship in the list. It can be placed inside the big ship.

The silver wing is my #2 favorite custom by now. It was originally a Cobra Wolf which I added the s-foils, a turbine and some guns to the original structure. The wings are stationary. This particular ship was created based on the "ugly" concept.

Despite of owning the custom speeder, this custom wasn't done by me. It is a commissioned creation from Ukko e etc especially for me. It was put on the pic just to shoot a scene.  ;)

The final vehicle is my current favority. It took some weeks to be finished. I considered to change even more the top parte (which is originally black), but changed my mind when I realized that the interior could be really old and more "used' than the exterior parts. I got more pics of her for you to take a look:

You can take a look on some WIPs here: http://forjadasestrelas.blogspot.com.br/2012/10/cargueiro-custom-smugglers-alliance-wip.html & http://forjadasestrelas.blogspot.com.br/2012/08/caca-custom-star-wars-wip.html

I'm currently working on a speeder bike and a Fallout's Hummer. As soon as I get solids results I'll share it.

These are wonderful!  Good job!

Thanks, Mando Assasin!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 07:44:12 AM »
Those customs are really superb, I especially love the larger ship, it looks absolutely amazing! well done on all counts, creativity, paintwork and presentation.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »
Great work, especially on those old Joe craft!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 05:25:06 PM »
Nice!  These look really neat! 

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 05:09:58 AM »
I love that starship that Bom and Rum are standing by; holy parts conglomeration!  (I just realized I sound like those old Batman tv shows w/ Adam West!)

Really cool set of custom ships here and nice paint jobs too.  
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:09:47 PM by JediMerc »

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 10:08:07 AM »
Looks awesome. What an update. Time to go the front page.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 02:33:55 PM »
Awesome ships!

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 02:44:49 PM »
Awesome job on the ships. :o :o :o

Offline DocOutlands